Other people's 'habits' that drive you crazy

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Holding hands is fine, but I hate it when you're in a really crowded place and people hold hands really far apart, or if there's a lamppost in the way and they slow down to walk the same side rather than letting go, walking opposite sides and then recoupling.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also not a big fan of over the top displays of affection in public. Having a make out session where everyone can see you is just annoying and stupid.

Same. It makes me feel really uncomfortable. I also have this phobia of that slurping kissing noise. I hate it!!! When it comes on TV I have to turn the volume down. Kissing or love scenes make me squirm in general though. What do you think of people holding hands in public? I think it's kind of cheesy. I understand in most cases it's probably harmless genuine affection but it's you can tell with some people it's a kind of 'hey look at us' thing. Trying to prove something?

My grandparents were holding hands allways, everywhere. My grandmother died at age 85, so till than. I can't even remember when they didn't. Cheesy or just incredible sweet, I pick the last one.

When you are in love, you just want to feel eachother. My husband and I always walk hand in hand ( mainly when I wear high heels ;) ), nothing to do with proving something.

awww :wub:

I'm also not a big fan of over the top displays of affection in public. Having a make out session where everyone can see you is just annoying and stupid.

Same. It makes me feel really uncomfortable. I also have this phobia of that slurping kissing noise. I hate it!!! When it comes on TV I have to turn the volume down. Kissing or love scenes make me squirm in general though. What do you think of people holding hands in public? I think it's kind of cheesy. I understand in most cases it's probably harmless genuine affection but it's you can tell with some people it's a kind of 'hey look at us' thing. Trying to prove something?

My grandparents were holding hands allways, everywhere. My grandmother died at age 85, so till than. I can't even remember when they didn't. Cheesy or just incredible sweet, I pick the last one.

When you are in love, you just want to feel eachother. My husband and I always walk hand in hand ( mainly when I wear high heels ;) ), nothing to do with proving something.

That's really cute. I only meant when people do it to prove a point. Just like making out in public for attention. The 'look at me' insecurity thing.

That's not cute. Any display of affection in public from anyone should be shipped to Guantamano.

Old people holding hands? C'mon!

That's not cute. Any display of affection in public from anyone should be shipped to Guantamano.

I find it very 'in your face', pretentious and unnecessary. It should be a fineable offense.

I really don't think an old couple are doing it to try and send a 'we're having sex and you're not' message to the world.

I find it very 'in your face', pretentious and unnecessary. It should be a fineable offense.

I really don't think an old couple are doing it to try and send a 'we're having sex and you're not' message to the world.

It's still obnoxious.

That's really cute. I only meant when people do it to prove a point. Just like making out in public for attention. The 'look at me' insecurity thing.

Same really. I guess my dislike of the whole holding hands thing comes from high school when people had so-called "relationships", and the girl always made a point of grabbing the guys hand and parading him around like a show dog.

When I worked as a cashier and people would hand you a moist bill on a hot day. Seriously buy a wallet. Didn't really happen often though.

Ew....

I worked at a food kiosk at six flags few years back and the summer was the worst. People that get off water rides soaked to the bone, then walk over and stick their heads through the cashier window to feel the air conditioner....

Ugh, i'm getting nightmares already. I lost so much faith in humanity working there :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe i forgot this one. Was reminded of it after it happened during the week:

People being dramatic and over the top about having a simple headcold. Had someone blowing their nose and looking at it before closing it up, wondering how much fluid was left in their noise out loud and giving me updates on how she was feeling.

Yes SHE. Not a HE which is normally the case, a SHE.

My patience was well and truly tested.

Doesn't surprise me there, women are over dramatic about everything.

In fairness it's usually men who whinge about colds. The thing is she is the first to complain about other people complaining about their colds.

Rich people who hold on to their money like it is their own sexual organs. You can afford to spend an extra 20 cents.

And that's exactly why they're rich in the first place!

Exactly. I think age has a lot to do with it. Teens are more apt to seek attention (ie: playing with car keys to show everyone they drive), but once you get into your 20's you basically don't give a fuck about stupid shit like that. My girlfriend and I like constant physical contact, I often have my hand on her ass and she likes to bump up against me and discreetly do a quick crotch grab. More times than not we do it when nobody is around, it's nice to remind each other that you're loved and wanted.

She bought this for us last Christmas, I think it's funny as hell but when you care about someone you do silly shit that you normally wouldn't. :wub:

togethermittens2.jpg

It's cute as long as it's genuine.

I can't see myself being comfortable showing that kind of affection in public. I would be so embarrassed.

Holding hands is a lot different than making out for the whole world to see.

I would be embarrassed to do both.