Can someone help me pick out a dress?

Guest bellastar2355

I'll agree with you on the last point Bella, and I will say this: price does not always equate to style. I've seen some lovely dresses for less than £30, and some hideous designer ones. Just because the site sells inexpensive dresses, doesn't mean they're all nasty.

I totally agree with this. Money has absolutely NOTHING to do with style.

Guest bellastar2355

I'm always incredibly dubious about a company who's name suggests an admirable attribute vs. their ability to actually deliver on that attribute. For instance, Quality Inn or Quality Hotel will most likely not be delivering the kind of 'quality' standards that perhaps Claridges, the Ritz or The Waldorf will deliver.

And so I come to sexydresses.com. Sorry, but a quick glance at their website confirmed my suspicions about the dresses not really being very 'sexy'. Wow, they're cheap though! The most expensive dress was $64.95, with some as low as $19.95. 'Cheap' I think is the operative word here.

WTF?! lol... didn't this was going to be the response. But let me say this:

1. I don't know if it's where you guys are from, but where I'm from these dresses are down right tame lol.

2. As I said before, I always like to tone down a dress and accessorize. I'm not gonna walk around with my breasts in my face

3. I work full time, go to the gym, rinse and repeat. What's wrong with wanting to go out and looking nice? Suddenly I'm getting raped? I've been parting for a long time. I always use precaution when I go out. It doesn't mean that it won't happen, but it can happen to me when I'm leaving work.

4. If you don't like my taste, that's cool. I love honestly.

4. This one is especially for Red, sorry that I can't afford really expensive dresses. I would LOVE to but I can't. I have to pay bills, rent and my moms sick so I'm helping her out too. I'm not gonna spend over a hundred dollars for a dress I might not ever wear again. I just want to look good, feel good, have fun and call it night.

Fuck off with your insinuations that I'm judging you for not spending a lot of money on clothes. I actually don't earn a lot of money myself and make very careful decisions when I'm buying clothes. I actually make most of my clothes since I love fashion so much and don't have the funds to just buy what I want. My reference was more to the fact that those dresses in my opinion looked 'cheap', as in tacky.

Wearing something that is two sizes too small has nothing to do with how much money you've got to spend on a dress and if in fact you actually want to look 'nice' as you said, any of those dresses in the pictures wasn't going to project that image.

I checked out the website and I actually saw a couple of dresses that were cheaper than the ones you picked and I thought they were much more stylish and 'sexy'. There's was a couple of really nice draped, Grecian style numbers and a really cute and flirty shirt dress. Much sexier and accessorised well would make them look amazing. I'm on my iPad so can't post them right now but they're right there next to the ones you chose. But this to me underlines the difference between sexy and stylish and sexy and cheap. :shrugs:

Leopard print always looks awful an trashy, and a lot of those dresses look too much like leopard print.

Honestly, solid tame colors are the way to go. Don't go with weird abstract patterns when you're picking a dress, get good cuts, deep and traditional colors, and a form that works with your body and style.

None of us will be able to tell you which dress to go with, without taking into account your body, makeup, hair color, accessorie tendencies, shoes, etc. this question is not designed for an Internet forum, but more so for real life friends, sales associates, or a boyfriend that knows what he's talking about.

That being said, for a night at the bars, and for optimal use and getting your money's worth go B all day.

It's cute, works with many body types, easy to have mild accessorizing, and is appropriate for many many occasions, so you will wear it often, rather than it gathering dust in the closet.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

Guest bellastar2355

1. I don't know if it's where you guys are from, but where I'm from these dresses are down right tame lol.

2. As I said before, I always like to tone down a dress and accessorize. I'm not gonna walk around with my breasts in my face

3. I work full time, go to the gym, rinse and repeat. What's wrong with wanting to go out and looking nice? Suddenly I'm getting raped? I've been parting for a long time. I always use precaution when I go out. It doesn't mean that it won't happen, but it can happen to me when I'm leaving work.

4. This one is especially for Red, sorry that I can't afford really expensive dresses. I would LOVE to but I can't. I have to pay bills, rent and my moms sick so I'm helping her out too. I'm not gonna spend over a hundred dollars for a dress I might not ever wear again. I just want to look good, feel good, have fun and call it night.

Fuck off with your insinuations that I'm judging you for not spending a lot of money on clothes. I actually don't earn a lot of money myself and make very careful decisions when I'm buying clothes. I actually make most of my clothes since I love fashion so much and don't have the funds to just buy what I want. My reference was more to the fact that those dresses in my opinion looked 'cheap', as in tacky.

Wearing something that is two sizes too small has nothing to do with how much money you've got to spend on a dress and if in fact you actually want to look 'nice' as you said, any of those dresses in the pictures wasn't going to project that image.

I checked out the website and I actually saw a couple of dresses that were cheaper than the ones you picked and I thought they were much more stylish and 'sexy'. There's was a couple of really nice draped, Grecian style numbers and a really cute and flirty shirt dress. Much sexier and accessorised well would make them look amazing. I'm on my iPad so can't post them right now but they're right there next to the ones you chose. But this to me underlines the difference between sexy and stylish and sexy and cheap. :shrugs:

If you think the dresses look tacky and cheap, I don't have a problem with that.

That's why I asked for your opinion (which is why I'm looking at other dresses.... ) But I just didn't understand why putting a price on the dress made the dress any cheaper or tacky looking, because you can find amazing outfits for cheap (maybe I can't lol, but other people can). Maybe that wasn't your intention, but that's how it felt

If you think the dresses look tacky and cheap, I don't have a problem with that.

That's why I asked for your opinion (which is why I'm looking at other dresses.... ) But I just didn't understand why putting a price on the dress made the dress any cheaper or tacky looking, because you can find amazing outfits for cheap (maybe I can't lol, but other people can). Maybe that wasn't your intention, but that's how it felt

It was a double entendre. Referencing the low price with the low style. :shrugs:

Leopard print always looks awful an trashy, and a lot of those dresses look too much like leopard print.

Honestly, solid tame colors are the way to go. Don't go with weird abstract patterns when you're picking a dress, get good cuts, deep and traditional colors, and a form that works with your body and style.

None of us will be able to tell you which dress to go with, without taking into account your body, makeup, hair color, accessorie tendencies, shoes, etc. this question is not designed for an Internet forum, but more so for real life friends, sales associates, or a boyfriend that knows what he's talking about.

That being said, for a night at the bars, and for optimal use and getting your money's worth go B all day.

It's cute, works with many body types, easy to have mild accessorizing, and is appropriate for many many occasions, so you will wear it often, rather than it gathering dust in the closet.

Hallelujah! A guy who gets it. The only thing I disagree with is your selection of B. I really think all those dresses were awful. There's much better options out there for the same price

gayfight.gif

Leopard print always looks awful an trashy

look-of-the-day-helen-mirren-wore-leopard-print.jpg

What a slut!! :awesomeface:

gayfight.gif

To Redhead: I was picking the best of the dresses she selected, just based off of the pictures of the model she gave.

To izzygirl: love Her, she's gorgeous, but she looks better in solids... Bad example.

I can't be bothered to upload pictures of her while I'm at work, but honestly, Meryl Streep rocks the white and the cream, with pearl or opaque (diamond, etc) accessories. That dress looks weak on her.

And sorry that I know a little about fashion. It's useful to have basic knowledge on the subject to help out your lady friends and romantic interests, and it is also nice for conversation.

It's also benificial to be dating a fashion major... You pick up a few things.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

gayfight.gif

To izzygirl: love Meryl Streep, she's gorgeous, but she looks better in solids... Bad example.

I can't be bothered to upload pictures of her while I'm at work, but honestly, Meryl Streep rocks the white and the cream, with pearl or opaque (diamond, etc) accessories. That dress looks weak on her.

You sure that's Meryl Streep? I think you mean Dame Helen Mirren, my dear.

She's a right one anyway.

Edited by Deepest Shame

gayfight.gif

To izzygirl: love Meryl Streep, she's gorgeous, but she looks better in solids... Bad example.

You sure that's Meryl Streep? I think you mean Dame Helen Mirren, my dear.

She's a right one anyway.

Damn. You caught me before I could edit it.

I'm drunk. Pardon my brief glance at the picture and hasty reply. :lol:

Where are you from? Cause I think it maybe different around the world. Anyway, dress however you want and what makes you feel good. C or D is still the answer, toned down.

Edited by MBRose

^I'm drunk.

That explain everything!!

Anyway...

Miranda-Kerr-In-Dolce-Gabbana-Victoria%E2%80%99s-Secret-Fashion-Show-Viewing-Party.jpg

If someone says she looks bad or slutty... that person should visit an ophthalmologist... or a psychiatrist.

Dude, you really don't understand fashion.

SHE looks gorgeous.

Her dress looks like shit.

I'm a dude and can call that with no hesitation while DRUNK.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

^I'm drunk.

Anyway...

Miranda-Kerr-In-Dolce-Gabbana-Victoria%E2%80%99s-Secret-Fashion-Show-Viewing-Party.jpg

If someone says she looks bad or slutty... that person should visit an ophthalmologist... or a psychiatrist.

The dress is rank. Sorry. :shrugs:

Ok...ok. I recommned this one then:

Los+vestidos+de+novia+m%25C3%25A1s+feos+28.jpg

:D

it's funny how some people used to say I am close-minded.

And it's not nice to judge a person just for their looks. A dress is just an object, attitude/acts on the other hand...

Oh...I almost forgot... Miranda is gorgeous in anything.. :max:

Edited by izzygirl

Where are you from? Cause I think it maybe different around the world. Anyway, dress however you want and what makes you feel good. C or D is still the answer, toned down.

I think lots of girls in any of our countries dress like that nowadays. I totally agree with that. ^

^I'm drunk.

Anyway...

And it's not nice to judge a person just for their looks. A dress is just an object, attitude/acts on the other hand...

Did you miss where I said the cut and fit mattered?

I can direct you to my original post if its a problem

^I'm drunk.

Anyway...

It's not nice to judge people for their looks but this IS a thread about clothing and dress sense. :rolleyes: