Billboard 200 GNR #109

axlrod

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL fuckin' shit compilation.

It contains the greatest commercial hits.

Ain't It Fun and Sympathy were anything but commercial hits.

True. Not sure Ain't it Fun was on the album (although it is my favourite from TSI) but I though SFTD was a good bonus edition as it wasn't released on any other GNR album.

True. Not sure Ain't it Fun was on the album (although it is my favourite from TSI) but I though SFTD was a good bonus edition as it wasn't released on any other GNR album.

For the record I love GNR's version of SFTD. It should have bee na commercial success but I think at that time the label were done pushing GNR.

For the record I love GNR's version of SFTD. It should have bee na commercial success but I think at that time the label were done pushing GNR.

I'm with you on that. I like it more than the original, and the original is one of my favorite Stones songs. Definitely deserved better than it received, according to me.

Sympathy for the Devil hit #55 on the Billboard Hot 100 a few months after it was released, and it did pretty well on the rock singles chart as well at the time. It wasn't a flop. It charted higher than some of GN'R's own original singles and even some of Nirvana's singles.

Is this a WTF moment or what?

Guns N' Roses has 6 albums and 5 songs which made it to the charts as of week 10/2003. The songs spend a total of 85 weeks on the charts, and the albums a total of 1724 weeks. Sweet Child O' Mine was the first song to hit the charts on week 16/2008, the last song to appear on a chart was Paradise City on week 20/2013. The most successful song was Chinese Democracy which spend a total of 65 weeks (76%) on the charts. The most successful song by peak position is Chinese Democracy which peaked at number 1. The least successful song is Paradise City it spend 1 week on the charts. Appetite For Destruction, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II were the first albums to hit the charts on week 10/2003, the last album to appear on a chart was Greatest Hits on week 24/2013. The most successful album was Greatest Hits which spend a total of 1274 weeks (74%) on the charts. The most successful albums by peak position are Chinese Democracy and Greatest Hits which peaked at number 1. The least successful album is Live Era '87-'93 it spend 1 week on the charts. Click on any title below to get detailed statistics.

http://acharts.us/performer/guns_n_roses

Billboard 200 GNR #109

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200?page=5

What's the current event that people keep buying the album?

Timeless songs by a great band. Songs that people never get tired of. No greatest hits album is going to please 100% of that band's fans.

Here are the other greatest hits albums that are ahead of GnR on the Billboard chart.

Bob Seger #38

Tom Petty #53

Stevie Wonder

Alan Jackson

Kelly Clarkston

Journey

Bob Marley

George Jones

Eric Clapton

AC/DC's Back in Black..and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon are also on the charts, ahead of GnR's GHs. Dark Side Of The Moon is #64.

Edited by Groghan

Billboard 200 GNR #109

iTunes just lowered the price of their Greatest Hits to $7.99. It's part of iTunes $7.99 classic rock albums, GnR Greatest Hits is second in the sales of these albums, right behind Journey's Greatest Hits. That explains the sudden push in sales :lol:

Edited by Gun N' Roses

Billboard 200 GNR #109

Timeless songs by a great band. Songs that people never get tired of. No greatest hits album is going to please 100% of that band's fans.

Here are the other greatest hits albums that are ahead of GnR on the Billboard chart.

Bob Seger #38

Tom Petty #53

Stevie Wonder

Alan Jackson

Kelly Clarkston

Journey

Bob Marley

George Jones

Eric Clapton

AC/DC's Back in Black..and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon are also on the charts, ahead of GnR's GHs. Dark Side Of The Moon is #64.

Actually there are 108 albums ahead of GNR's. :rofl-lol: