2014 RRHoF inductees include Kiss, Hall & Oates, Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens

ohlovelyrita

There's no proof that the online vote means anything though. I think thats just to give the general public the ability to feel like they are part of the voting process when it really means nothing.

I think it means something. Last year the top online vote getter was Rush, they were inducted. I wouldn't be surprised if the top vote getter each year gets in. But the thing that needs to be remembered is that each year there has to be enough inductees willing and able to put on a diverse and entertaining show.

Anyone who thinks Kiss wasn't important must have head checked. I get it one has every right to dislike them but c'mon Darren Dimebag, Bumblefoot and other countless guitar players wouldn't be playing if not for Ace. And ask any meaningful metal band and there is huge chance that they will praise Kiss as very important inspiration ( Alice in Chains, Pantera, Rob Zombie, Soundgarden etc, etc)

But as far as RHOF is concerend I'm more interested about Nirvana (if they are inducted) if anyone wants to honour Kurt they should throw away any invitation and do not show up as anyone who knows anything about Kurt would know that RHOF and similar events were what he destested and hated a lot and accepting that in anyway would be just bad.

I hope they get a Kurt hologram

I hope someone other than McCartney sings for them.

There's no proof that the online vote means anything though. I think thats just to give the general public the ability to feel like they are part of the voting process when it really means nothing.

I think it means something. Last year the top online vote getter was Rush, they were inducted. I wouldn't be surprised if the top vote getter each year gets in. But the thing that needs to be remembered is that each year there has to be enough inductees willing and able to put on a diverse and entertaining show.

Exactly. The top vote getter will get in, but thats by coincidence. There are so many people that the general public bitches about publicly and constantly, that when someone like Rush is on the ballot people flock to it. To maintain credibility, the Hall needs to induct one of the big three, which has been Rush, Kiss and Deep Purple. They put them in because they can't avoid it, not because the internet poll has anything to do with it.

Oh no....I just realized that we'll have to see Dave Grohl at the RRHOF again acting like the luckiest self-proclaimed uncool kid in the planet reacting to

every accolade with rehearsed modesty! In other words, I don't get his schtick AT ALL but I'm sure he means well!

Altho i'm in the minority here: KISS KISS KISS! I'm almost liking them more now that people don't like them! :P

Yes and DP matter the most. I'd also like to see Cat Stevens and Link Wray get their due.

Oh no....I just realized that we'll have to see Dave Grohl at the RRHOF again acting like the luckiest self-proclaimed uncool kid in the planet reacting to

every accolade with rehearsed modesty! In other words, I don't get his schtick AT ALL but I'm sure he means well!

How can you say that?! He's my favorite person in rock these days. I believe the modesty really is all real. He's a kid that dreamed of living the rock and roll life and he is. And he so respects his elders and is a FAN that I feel his love is just contagious. He's one of the few guys in music nowadays that is big and gets it. IMO he can do no wrong. If there's one positive to Nirvana getting inducted, its that I get to see Dave Grohl be the coolest guy ever, and I'm sure his speech is gonna be perfect. I don't blindly assume I'll love everything by him. He just has yet to prove me wrong.

So how many members of Yes are going to accept if they get in? They've had so many lineup changes. Probably more than Deep Purple. That being said, if it means seeing Jon Anderson singing with them again, I'd love to see it. He should be on tour with them anyway.

So how many members of Yes are going to accept if they get in? They've had so many lineup changes. Probably more than Deep Purple. That being said, if it means seeing Jon Anderson singing with them again, I'd love to see it. He should be on tour with them anyway.

Anderson, Howe, Wakeman, Squire, Bruford and White are the nominees.

I feel a strong argument could be made for Tony Kaye. Otherwise, I agree with who you chose. I don't see why it would be difficult at all to say who will/deserves to go in. Obviously that classic lineup and possibly Kaye from the early days. Everyone else was highly dispensable.

If you think Gene $immon$ is going to reject a chance to put his face out there and have the KISS name out there, you're fucking crazy. He's a merchandising whore, there's no way he'll pass up on the chance to label stuff "Rock and Roll Hall of Famers KISS", no matter how much he's talked in the past about not caring. And I'm saying that as a KISS fan

I feel a strong argument could be made for Tony Kaye. Otherwise, I agree with who you chose. I don't see why it would be difficult at all to say who will/deserves to go in. Obviously that classic lineup and possibly Kaye from the early days. Everyone else was highly dispensable.

Just to clarify, those six members I listed are the nominees on the ballot for induction. If YES gets inducted, only those six will be considered Hall of Famers.

Personally, I agree with you about Kaye.

Ahh okay. Thanks. I also agree about Kaye.

I hope this sparks some collaboration with Anderson again, though. Their new vocalist is good, but Anderson is gold.

If you think Gene $immon$ is going to reject a chance to put his face out there and have the KISS name out there, you're fucking crazy. He's a merchandising whore, there's no way he'll pass up on the chance to label stuff "Rock and Roll Hall of Famers KISS", no matter how much he's talked in the past about not caring. And I'm saying that as a KISS fan

Duff did a show and sold some books before the RRHOF appearance, I wouldn't be surprised if Gene did the same.

Just to clarify, those six members I listed are the nominees on the ballot for induction. If YES gets inducted, only those six will be considered Hall of Famers.

Personally, I agree with you about Kaye.

Interesting. I didn't know they already had the people that would be inducted. I thought they wait till later to announce that. Do you know who's on the KISS ballot?

How can you say that?! He's my favorite person in rock these days. I believe the modesty really is all real. He's a kid that dreamed of living the rock and roll life and he is. And he so respects his elders and is a FAN that I feel his love is just contagious. He's one of the few guys in music nowadays that is big and gets it. IMO he can do no wrong. If there's one positive to Nirvana getting inducted, its that I get to see Dave Grohl be the coolest guy ever, and I'm sure his speech is gonna be perfect. I don't blindly assume I'll love everything by him. He just has yet to prove me wrong.

You're probably right and that was unfair of me. I just find him hard to watch playing with some of those legends. I guess I never had a thing for geeks and I don't want them getting the torch.

He deserves his due but he doesn't fit in my mind:

Interesting. I didn't know they already had the people that would be inducted. I thought they wait till later to announce that. Do you know who's on the KISS ballot?

Yeah the same thing happened with GNR, the HOF decided it would be only the AFD lineup plus Dizzy and Matt.

Just the Big Four is included on the KISS ballot.

I thought it was obvious it was only gonna be the original four. Who cares about the rest?

Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick should be getting in as well. It's gonna be a GN'R all over again. Some of the old members show up, Gene won't because they aren't inducting the new lineup of KISS
  • Like 1

I thought it was obvious it was only gonna be the original four. Who cares about the rest?

Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick should be getting in as well. It's gonna be a GN'R all over again. Some of the old members show up, Gene won't because they aren't inducting the new lineup of KISS
Why should they get in? Classic KISS is what matters and the classic tunes were put out by the original four. What you or other KISS fans may like in addition is irrelevant.

Why should they get in? Classic KISS is what matters and the classic tunes were put out by the original four. What you or other KISS fans may like in addition is irrelevant.

Using that same logic though, there is no way Dizzy or Matt should have obtained an award.

Can you just imagine watching Ace and Peter sitting there watching Thayer and SInger ripping off their make up, moves and licks? They have to say something cheeky when they get the award, surely?