The First Annual My GN'R Forum Donate-A-Thon "Get Your Name In The Green!!!"

Ace Nova

You just made a payment of

$10.00 USD

Paid to

paul.mygnrforum@gmail.com

Come on people....don't leave me hangin'......Get in The Green.....or Get in The Ring.....

"....This song is dedicated to all the Guns N' fuckin' Roses fans that stuck with us through all the fuckin' shit....and to all those all opposed....well....."

W.B. Axl Rose - Get In The Ring

Edited by Kasanova King

brown-nosing-1.jpg

Come on now....you as a supporter already should know better...especially as a fellow supporter....this is what we do. :shrugs: We support one another...especially when the owner of this site is too humble to ask for help.

Edited by Kasanova King

I agree, and I'm ashamed I haven't donated yet. It's not about the money, it's about being a bit lazy. I need to open a pay pal account.

Pretty much my dilemma at the moment. I keep putting off going to the bank to get my account set up online. :lol:

OP forgot to mention that when you donate, you no longer have the 60 second delay between posts. That's my main reason for it.

• Like 1

I agree, and I'm ashamed I haven't donated yet. It's not about the money, it's about being a bit lazy. I need to open a pay pal account.

Pretty much my dilemma at the moment. I keep putting off going to the bank to get my account set up online. :lol:

OP forgot to mention that when you donate, you no longer have the 60 second delay between posts. That's my main reason for it.

Just edited my op....thanks Bacardi!

I really don't think it's guilting - it's reminding people of the benefits they get for something as simple as helping the person who shells out a lot of their own money to keep this place for the enjoyment or others.

No threats - just reminding people that it's nice to give back sometimes.

• Like 3

The amount is irrelevant, it's the fact that you're trying to guilt people into it that I think is lame. :shrugs:

I'm sorry you take it that way...especially as a supporter, that was in no way my intention.

U.K. Subs and Highvoltage are among the two most humble people I have ever met in my life. They work day and night to keep this forum what it is today. They would never ask members to donate....because quite frankly....they're too good of guys.....this is purely an effort to get members to realize the reality of the expenses of this forum.

I'm certainly not here to ask members who cannot afford to donate....but for the many that can...I will....not because I want to "guilt" them into it....because I want them to realize the reality of the situation. A few years ago this forum almost came to an end......maybe if we can contribute just a little bit....it will never happen again.

Edited by Kasanova King

Donate-A-Thon Thread: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/204726-the-first-annual-my-gnr-forum-donate-a-thon-get-your-name-in-the-green/

A recent post by HV in the support section made me realize how expensive this forum is to run on a month per month basis. It costs U.K. Subs close to $5000.00 per year just in hosting costs alone.

I spend more time here than I do watching TV (Costs in excess of $50 per month for most people)....or on other internet sites, my cell phone, etc. (Cost in excess of $50 per month).

So is it not fair to ask for a minimum of a $5.00 donation to get your name in green for an entire year? That averages out to 41 cents a month. A little over ONE penny a day.

This was done 100% on my own...through my own will and thoughts....HV and U.K. Subs are WAYYY too nice and generous of people to ask any of the members for money....but I think we as members need to step up to the plate and chip in.

Now, let's get to the fun stuff....a simple $5.00 donation gets your name in GREEN!

No more banner ads!

And you get a minimum of 20 likes per day!!

And as Bacardi pointed out, " When you donate, you no longer have the 60 second delay between posts. That's my main reason for it."

But the biggest reason to donate is because you respect the community, you respect this forum and you know that MyGnrForum is among the very best Guns N' Roses (fan) communities around today!

GET YOUR NAME IN THE GREEN AND DONATE TODAY!!!! http://www.mygnrforu...ex.php?/donate/

I'm already in the "Green" but a $10.00 donation is about to be sent!!!

Let's do it MyGN'R Forum.....and Happy New Years!!!

• Like 1

Donating is worth it alone for the ability to change your member title at will. For a while, it could only be changed by using this link: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=profileinfo. But now that link doesn't work anymore, although it still has the weird PHP errors at the top of the screen. In any case, I found out recently that being able to change your member title is now a Supporters-only perk. Fair enough.

I used to be a Supporter but it ran out a few months ago. I'm gonna re-up though at some point, because changing my member title is important to me. No bullshit.

Edited by metaforcesaber

If you could only understand Axl's message.....it was all about human rights....and loving each other....as we should ourselves....listen to the song (Civil War)....and think what a world would be like if you imposed opposite scenarios......and that's when you will see the light.

Do they take bitcoins?

Paypal. :)

5 dollars?

I hope many of you aren't serious.

Like I said, if you PM me a legitimate reason....absolutely 100% anonymous....why you can't afford $5 for an entire year....then I will make the donation for you. NO Excuses.

Edited by Kasanova King