Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Download Festival promoter is open to GNR headlining again

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

NGOG

NGOG

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 8,679 posts
  • 28-January 11

http://www.rocksins....-copping-19618/

You’ve been doing this for twelve years now and I’m guessing there still must be a few bands you haven’t managed to get, either at headline level or in general that you’d still like to get? I know in the past you’ve mentioned The Foo Fighters, are there any others?

AndyThere’s a number of bands really. You’re right about Foo Fighters, I’d love to get Muse, I’d love to get Greenday, Blink 182. I’d love if it Led Zeppelin reformed and we got a reformed Led Zeppelin. I’d love to do an original line up of Guns N’Roses…

Rock SinsWould you not do Guns N’Roses again after 2006 unless it was the original line up?

AndyPart of me would say yes to that, and would definitely prefer to wait until it was the original line up, but then the other part of me would say that Guns N’Roses as they are now are still a big act, selling out arenas and headlining festivals in other parts of the world. So you can never say no.
Rock Sins: No, of course.

AndyBut certainly my preference would be, and most people’s preferences would be, to see the line up with Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Matt Sorum on drums, I think Steven Adler isn’t 100% together but wouldn’t it be great if he came out and did a couple of numbers. That, a lot of people would love to see. I certainly would love to see it. But I couldn’t rule out ever having Guns N’Roses as they currently are again.

Rock SinsFair enough.

Thank you to the newly opened GNRTruth for finding this story!

Edited by NGOG, 13 February 2014 - 12:31 PM.

• Coma16 likes this
Posted Image

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • 15-March 10

What does he mean by "wait until it's the original lineup"? Are people actually under the impression that a reunion will happen at some point?

• SunnyDRE, Flayer and NachoLZ like this

supercool

supercool

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • 17-March 10

it's better to wait until the original line-up comes back

no slash, no gnr

ProstituteComa

ProstituteComa

COME TO BRAZIL

• Supporters
  • 1,895 posts
  • 04-February 14

GNR Truth?? :lol:

On topic, yeah... as everybody knows, a reunion would be great!

Ashba's out of tune SCOM intro is now stuck on your head

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • 15-March 10

Ah, I guess some people do think that way. Since the likelihood of a reunion happening is at 0.01% I think promoters should take what they can get.

CAFC Nick

CAFC Nick

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • 22-April 05

Ah, I guess some people do think that way. Since the likelihood of a reunion happening is at 0.01% I think promoters should take what they can get.

Not in this lifetime
20/06/2006 - Paris, France
27/08/2010 - Reading, UK
13/10/2010 - London, UK
14/10/2010 - London, UK
31/05/2012 - London, UK
01/06/2012 - London, UK
- caught Axl's mic!

supercool

supercool

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • 17-March 10

if i was a festival manager, i would never make a deal with something as artificial and fake as nugnr, because it would be a lack of respect for the audience of my festval.

we all should have ethic in life.

no slash, no gnr

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,009 posts
  • 12-December 08

I have no problem with an organizer's wishful thinking.

He did say he'd have GNR as they are in present day headline the gig, so I don't know what there is to debate. 

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • 22-February 06

dude may be waiting an awfully long time for the AFD lineup

magisme

magisme

Wanker in Chief

• Supporters
  • 9,326 posts
  • 04-January 12

:rofl-lol:

Victory or Death!!!

• Groghan and Bobbo like this

For a terrorist, Amir really is a good looking guy

He can blow up my p**** any time

*KABOOM!*

kanudo19

kanudo19

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • 22-August 10

And if axl reads this he will never accept to play there again

lisbon 6/10/2010 ; london 1/06/2012

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 11,015 posts
  • 15-July 03

Victory or Death!!!

Dude, go check out that site. It's pretty ............I don't know if I would describe it as hilarious or disgusting. It's basically a site for people like Warchild and Wf*ck to worship Axl's every move and to bash all of Axl's "enemies."   They are absolutely destroying Stephanie in one topic, calling her a liar, a bitch, etc.

It's funny how a few people say there are no such things as Axl worshippers and nutters. I guess I can just link them to this website!!!!

Celebrity worship is just creepy as can be. When you start basing your own opinions around what a rock singer thinks or what makes him look good or bad.....it's just creepy.

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

Victory or Death!!!

Dude, go check out that site. It's pretty ............I don't know if I would describe it as hilarious or disgusting. It's basically a site for people like Warchild and Wf*ck to worship Axl's every move and to bash all of Axl's "enemies."   They are absolutely destroying Stephanie in one topic, calling her a liar, a bitch, etc.

It's funny how a few people say there are no such things as Axl worshippers and nutters. I guess I can just link them to this website!!!!

Celebrity worship is just creepy as can be. When you start basing your own opinions around what a rock singer thinks or what makes him look good or bad.....it's just creepy.

Everything creeps you out.

magisme

magisme

Wanker in Chief

• Supporters
  • 9,326 posts
  • 04-January 12

Victory or Death!!!

I actually checked it out, and the Steph thread is the one I saw. First and last time I ever visit that site. Abhorrent.

For a terrorist, Amir really is a good looking guy

He can blow up my p**** any time

*KABOOM!*

NGOG

NGOG

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 8,679 posts
  • 28-January 11

When you start basing your own opinions around what a rock singer thinks or what makes him look good or bad.....it's just creepy.

While that mentality isn't healthy, neither is yours. Instead of editing your opinions to "please" Axl, which is one irrational extreme, you condition your opinion to the opposite extreme. In other words, you oppose absolutely every word or action by Axl Rose - without actually considering the subject objectively. The two biggest culprits of such a mentality are you and JB.

I mean, you were literally defending Stephanie Seymour posing erotically with her sons (just to spite the "Axl fans").
  • Inprovinoff and Estranged Coma like this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users