Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Def Leppard/KISS co-headlining tour to be announced March 17th.

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,099 posts
  • 10-May 08
Yeah, it's the critics' agenda to kill "real rock n' roll" that make us think Kanye and Radiohead are better than Poison. Not common sense. :wank:

dQOAHSG.png

Haters Gonna Hate

Haters Gonna Hate

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 2,271 posts
  • 21-February 12

Lol this can't be real.

Leader of the DJ Ashba Defense Force

#WOO

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,099 posts
  • 10-May 08
And clearly the fact that they have to latch onto Def Leppard and KISS just to fill arenas shows that their touring income has seen better days.

dQOAHSG.png

xGNRxSTARx

xGNRxSTARx

GN'R EDUCATOR(TM)

• SILVER
  • 6,020 posts
  • 15-February 06

Yeah, it's the critics' agenda to kill "real rock n' roll" that make us think Kanye and Radiohead are better than Poison. Not common sense. :wank:

Of course there's no agenda against Poison. Just like there isn't one against Axl. Most critics don't give a shit about Poison and vice versa. I get that Poison isn't for everyone but I don't think they are as bad as some people make them out to be. I know that if it happens, I'll go and enjoy all three bands even the fake KISS. I've seen the true KISS in 96 and Def Leppard in their prime in 92 and I certainly don't expect this tour to live up to those years. But for a $20 lawn ticket it's a fun night out.

Lol this can't be real.

Oh it's real Kid. It's damn real.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx, 14 February 2014 - 10:28 AM.

Formerly RANCID PUNKS. Always happy to GNR-Educate™ a Broham. It's good to be home,kids!

"You should probably be quiet considering you were still swimming in your dad's sack when GNR were a functioning band.

We have memories. You have what you've been told. I doubt anyone needs a high school kid to remind them of GNR facts"-Rustycage to wfuckinga-1/2/14

magisme

magisme

Wanker in Chief

• GOLD
  • 9,953 posts
  • 04-January 12
I'd rather see a 400 pound Axl sing Christmas songs at a gay bar than see NuNuNu play Vegas, actually. Both are still better than Def Leppard/Kiss/Poison.
  • bacardimayne and Haters Gonna Hate like this

For a terrorist, Amir really is a good looking guy

He can blow up my p**** any time

*KABOOM!*

wfuckinga

wfuckinga

Axl Worshipper

• SILVER
  • 4,662 posts
  • 23-July 13

Motley should have grabbed Poison and KISS for the final tour, that would be a kick ass gig. Alice Cooper :no:

When do tickets for this go on sale?

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

I feel all this trouble started when hot sauce threads were no longer allowed on the main page. That alone took away 75% of nuGNR news.

magisme

magisme

Wanker in Chief

• GOLD
  • 9,953 posts
  • 04-January 12

Apocalypse o'clock. :lol:

For a terrorist, Amir really is a good looking guy

He can blow up my p**** any time

*KABOOM!*

xGNRxSTARx

xGNRxSTARx

GN'R EDUCATOR(TM)

• SILVER
  • 6,020 posts
  • 15-February 06

Motley should have grabbed Poison and KISS for the final tour, that would be a kick ass gig. Alice Cooper :no:

It hasn't even been confirmed yet so I'd say not anytime soon. It makes sense though. KISS and Def Leppard can both do decently on their own but together and with Poison they may be able to come close to filling some sheds this Summer.

Motley are under contract to Live Nation so they don't have much of a say in their openers. The KISS/CRUE package was just done a few years ago. I think a final tour with Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson as the openers would've done better business but the true selling point of the tour is your final chance to see Motley.

Formerly RANCID PUNKS. Always happy to GNR-Educate™ a Broham. It's good to be home,kids!

"You should probably be quiet considering you were still swimming in your dad's sack when GNR were a functioning band.

We have memories. You have what you've been told. I doubt anyone needs a high school kid to remind them of GNR facts"-Rustycage to wfuckinga-1/2/14

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,099 posts
  • 10-May 08

Of course there's no agenda against Poison. Just like there isn't one against Axl. Most critics don't give a shit about Poison and vice versa. I get that Poison isn't for everyone but I don't think they are as bad as some people make them out to be. I know that if it happens, I'll go and enjoy all three bands even the fake KISS. I've seen the true KISS in 96 and Def Leppard in their prime in 92 and I certainly don't expect this tour to live up to those years. But for a $20 lawn ticket it's a fun night out.

Lol this can't be real.

Oh it's real Kid. It's damn real.

I'm now picturing circa-2001 geeky heel Kurt Angle as the person to blame for this tour happening.
  • xGNRxSTARx likes this

dQOAHSG.png

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,638 posts
  • 10-July 07

Maybe I'll go just to say I did.

LiveFromNormal

LiveFromNormal

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts
  • 05-March 07

Maybe I'll go just to say I did.

DAMN TYLER YOU GAY

The King of Carrot Flowers
Formerly known as 'NormalGuns'

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts
  • 11-August 12

You people do realise that this tour has more integrity than Axl in Vegas?

Seeing as I'm the only one who's voiced anything really negative in this thread I'll assume this is directed at me. Sure, it might have more "integrity", but I'd rather see a 400 pound axl rose singing Christmas songs at a gay bar than see poison play 5 seconds at whatever arenas these shows are going to be at.

The worst song on CD has more musical integrity than the entire discography of Poison.

Not aimed at anyone in particular.

Mike420

Mike420

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts
  • 24-August 06
It would actually be a fun rock show imo. If tickets are fairly cheap this summer I would take the wife to see it. Honestly Kiss are my least favorite of the 3. I know people like to rag on Poison, but they are a guilty pleasure for me. I prefer their discography over Bon Jovi's and many other 80's bands. Of the 3, Leppard is my over all favorite, but everything after 1987 for them is border line crap imo. But High n dry and Pyromania are pretty damn good albums. I don't hate Hysteria, but it's just sooo commercialized imo. Adranilize is piece of crap, dog shit really. But still I prefer both Leppard and Poison to Kiss.
I like the old band, I like the new band, I even liked that freaky 2001/02 band. Can't we all just get along??????

OmarBradley

OmarBradley

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • 30-August 13

This sounds like literally the worst tour ever.

Why does Def Leppard have to be there? I'll see this for Poison and KISS. Hopefully Def Lep goes on first so I can arrive late saving me from having to sit through their set.

Um, I've seen all 3.  Def Leppard by far put on the best show for the best price out of all of them.  It just wasn't even close, my friends and I are pretty big old school DL fans (Pyromania and before then), and we were really blown away by how good they sounded now without relying too much on that early material.

GNR - Hammerstein Ballroom 5/17/06, Continental Airlines Arena 11/08/06, Susquehanna Bank Center 11/26/11   VR - Starland Ballroom 5/18/07, PNC Bank Arts Center 8/17/07
Slash - Borgata 5/22/10 and 9/17/10,  Terminal 5 9/14/10, Rams Head 5/3/12, Irving Plaza 5/22/12, Wellmont Theatre 8/3/12, House of Blues 9/14/12, Sands Bethlehem Event Center 7/16/13, Jones Beach Theater 7/10/14 

Mastodonny

Mastodonny

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • 12-February 10
Start growing your mullets now!!
  • Lithium likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users