Lana Del Rey - Guns N' Roses

I think she's brilliant and love how she makes loads of GN'R references. A real fan!

She's a great model and never strips off to get attention yet still looks hot. Very rare these days, love it!

Clearly you missed her in Esquire.

Welcome back!

Now, if only she could have written that, and most of the other songs off that record by herself. I'm so tired of these "songwriters" who don't, you know, actually write things on their own. Dylan, Rose, Cobain, Mercury, Young, Vedder...none of them relied on studio owned, or professional song writers to mold, shape or create their sound. They were talented enough to sit down, with a guitar or piano, and compose entire works of art all by themselves which is the DEFINITION of "song writer.".

End of rant lol

Dude, come on.

Her parents were millionaires, after she flopped as a singer on her own, her father got involved, she changed her name, her lips and her persona, got some high priced song writers and BAM......a sensation was created. The moody edgy girl who seems slightly depressed but will kick your ass if you look at her wrong. She smokes and has a crush on Axl Rose. Other than all that.......she is the real deal.

To be honest, she is a pretty good singer and has some good songs. And I don't really care about all the personal stuff about her. Just find it funny when people talk about how 'real' and honest she is and how different she is from the manufactured pop stars of today. When in reality, she is just like them all.

The lyrics are hers, and some of the melodies so its not entirely fair to say that she's manufactured. In all honesty she contributes more to her own music than say, Steven Adler ever did on a GNR song. He was a great drummer but wrote jackshit, and I don't see how he deserves any more respect than Lana, yet she cops crap all the time. Some people buy help, some just happen to meet the right people and ride on their coat tails. :shrugs:

She mentions Sweet Child o'Mine in her song Bel Air, on the Paradise Edition of Born to Die.

I also think that that the first verse of Dark Paradise is about Axl:

All my friends tell me I should move on

I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song

Ahhh, that's how you sang it

Loving you forever, can't be wrong

Even though you're not here, won't move on

Ahhh, that's how we played it

The bit where she sings 'Ahhh, that's how you sang it', sounds like a mimicking of Axl in SCOM towards the end.

Guest Gunns

I think you guys are looking way too deep into her stuff to find Axl references.

As I said to black sabbath the other day which he didn't seem to like, welcome to mygnr forum. Everything here gets overanalysed, dissected, expertly critiqued, hypothesised and everything else. It's because the fans have nothing else to talk about except the endless touring.

I think I need to puke. Had to stop the song in the "guns and roses, guns and roses, guns and roses" again part.

It was too much for me. Why do she sings like she is sleepy? It's so fuckin' annoying.

Yeah I'm with you, fuck Lana Del Rey.

I don't care if she namedrops GNR and or Axl, is hot or whatever...I'm not suggesting she is talentless but get the fuck outta here with the Lana Del Reys :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

I think I need to puke. Had to stop the song in the "guns and roses, guns and roses, guns and roses" again part.

It was too much for me. Why do she sings like she is sleepy? It's so fuckin' annoying.

I don't care if she namedrops GNR and or Axl, is hot or whatever...I'm not suggesting she is talentless but get the fuck outta here with the Lana Del Reys :lol:

those damn kids with their hip hop and their beep bop

Grab your old man a VB, would ya?

Guest Gunns

Grab your old man a VB, would ya?

We're all out, Ill drop a cup underneath the dog when its marking its territory for you, sure you wont notice the difference :lol:

• Like 1

Love Lana, Born to die is a great, great album, never gets boring to me, even the paradise edition is outstanding. Haven't listened to the new one.

Sure she may have had some change to her face, she may not write most of her stuff musically and she comes from a rich family and was in a way, created. So what, who hasn't had some work done in Hollywood? Who creates 100% of their material?

She looks like she is a very nice person and I enjoy her music. That's all that matters to me.

• Like 1

Now, if only she could have written that, and most of the other songs off that record by herself. I'm so tired of these "songwriters" who don't, you know, actually write things on their own. Dylan, Rose, Cobain, Mercury, Young, Vedder...none of them relied on studio owned, or professional song writers to mold, shape or create their sound. They were talented enough to sit down, with a guitar or piano, and compose entire works of art all by themselves which is the DEFINITION of "song writer.".

End of rant lol

Dude, come on.

Her parents were millionaires, after she flopped as a singer on her own, her father got involved, she changed her name, her lips and her persona, got some high priced song writers and BAM......a sensation was created. The moody edgy girl who seems slightly depressed but will kick your ass if you look at her wrong. She smokes and has a crush on Axl Rose. Other than all that.......she is the real deal.

To be honest, she is a pretty good singer and has some good songs. And I don't really care about all the personal stuff about her. Just find it funny when people talk about how 'real' and honest she is and how different she is from the manufactured pop stars of today. When in reality, she is just like them all.

Yup. You nailed it lol. It's sad how manipulated people are these days. It seems if you want genuine artists and musicians, you have to listen to underground shit.

• Like 1