Lana Del Rey - Guns N' Roses

Isn't she the one who sang "Axl Rose Husband"? I think this chick is a bit obsessed. And I quote:

"Heavy metal love of mine

I should have learned to let you stay

You didn't want me all the time

But you were worth it anyway

Cause you were so much better

Than the rest of them

Out of all the others

You were the honest man"

There you have it, folks. He was "better than the rest of them". And DJ is better than the old one. And thank you Beta take care Axl. I think I may be having an aneurysm.

Edited by DangerousCurves

The lyrics are hers, and some of the melodies so its not entirely fair to say that she's manufactured. In all honesty she contributes more to her own music than say, Steven Adler ever did on a GNR song. He was a great drummer but wrote jackshit, and I don't see how he deserves any more respect than Lana, yet she cops crap all the time. Some people buy help, some just happen to meet the right people and ride on their coat tails. :shrugs:

redheaded woman, the intro of nightrain demo is better than everything lana del rey created.

The lyrics are hers, and some of the melodies so its not entirely fair to say that she's manufactured. In all honesty she contributes more to her own music than say, Steven Adler ever did on a GNR song. He was a great drummer but wrote jackshit, and I don't see how he deserves any more respect than Lana, yet she cops crap all the time. Some people buy help, some just happen to meet the right people and ride on their coat tails. :shrugs:

redheaded woman, the intro of nightrain demo is better than everything lana del rey created.

When did I say that Lana was better than GNR? :wacko:

GNR have been one of the greatest joys in my life way back since I was 14 in 1988. GNR eclipse most of what ANYONE on this planet has done because of what they mean to me personally. There's only a couple of other artists that I would put on that level. But that doesn't mean that Lana is as useless as everyone makes out.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty positive that there were several (probably plenty of) great drummers in LA back in the mid 80s that could have filled Stevens shoes. He didn't 'write songs'. He played drums and he played them well. Big fucking deal, there are many in this world that can do that. When it comes down to GNR success it comes down to Axl and Izzy (as songwriters). Slash for composition of his solos as well, since theyre a huge part of a GNR song, but Steven? Please! Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Even though it's completely different genres, LDR somehow reminds me of GNR. Both lyrics wise and the looks. The Born to die video reminds me of Use Your Illusion era videos like DC/NR/Estranged. And the voice is something extra, just like Axl.

When did I say that Lana was better than GNR? :wacko:

GNR have been one of the greatest joys in my life way back since I was 14 in 1988. GNR eclipse most of what ANYONE on this planet has done because of what they mean to me personally. There's only a couple of other artists that I would put on that level. But that doesn't mean that Lana is as useless as everyone makes out.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty positive that there were several (probably plenty of) great drummers in LA back in the mid 80s that could have filled Stevens shoes. He didn't 'write songs'. He played drums and he played them well. Big fucking deal, there are many in this world that can do that. When it comes down to GNR success it comes down to Axl and Izzy (as songwriters). Slash for composition of his solos as well, since theyre a huge part of a GNR song, but Steven? Please! Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

Well Matt Sorum couldn't do it properly.

Isn't she the one who sang "Axl Rose Husband"? I think this chick is a bit obsessed. And I quote:

"Heavy metal love of mine

I should have learned to let you stay

You didn't want me all the time

But you were worth it anyway

Cause you were so much better

Than the rest of them

Out of all the others

You were the honest man"

There you have it, folks. He was "better than the rest of them". And DJ is better than the old one. And thank you Beta take care Axl. I think I may be having an aneurysm.

The excerpt you quoted is dedicated to T-800. She speaks for Sarah Connor.

http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/63648

Kassidy's Barrie-James O'Neill: 'Axl and I share Lana Del Rey' Scots rocker agrees to an arrangement with Guns N' Roses singer
Kassidy's Barrie-James O'Neill: 'Axl and I share Lana Del Rey' Photo: PressKassidy frontman Barrie-James O'Neill has revealed rather intimate details of his relationship with Lana Del Rey in a tongue-in-cheek interview.
You would think rumours that your girlfriend is dating other guys would jolt you into break-up talks, but it seems the Kassidy singer saw the funny side of the salacious gossip. After rumours spread that Lana Del Rey was dating Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose, O'Neill decided on sorting out an arrangement that would keep everyone happy.
The singer told The Daily Star:
"The deal is I get Lana during the week and Axl gets her at the weekend."
Of course, there is no truth in the rumour Lana is dating Axl Rose, but this development will certainly get the tongues wagging at TMZ, who originally reported that the pair were seeing each other.
It is not the first time this year the 'Video Games' singer has been romantically linked to an eccentric rock singer. In March, rumours spread that the songstress had been spotted cavorting with Marilyn Manson in a hotel lift together in Berlin, with an eyewitness claiming that the pair were headed to the 'Antichrist Superstar' singer's hotel room.
Del Rey is due to play at this year's Latitude Festival over the weekend of July 12–15 in Suffolk's Henham Park, along with the Isle Of Wight Festival and Radio 1's Big Weekend in Hackney.