Scraped Is The Best GNR Song Ever!!

Guest Gunns

it has good build up in the verses, the chorus is a let down but yes it can't be denied that it's a power rocket of a song

I quite like the music for it. Still have yet to learn what the actual lyrics are though, but that's apparently a good thing since most people say that they're the worst part of it. This might be a bit off topic, but why do people hate Silkworms again? I actually quite like it, although I really dislike that we still haven't heard a full studio version.

I'm not sure, I've always liked Silkworms and Riad (the leak in particular) too.

I think it might be because it sounds really different, even compared to most Chinese Democracy material that we're aware of. I always liked it because it seemed like it was such a pissed off song, and that stuff, oddly, makes me happy. I enjoy Riad N' The Bedouins too, it's actually one of my favorite songs, so of course it isn't played live anymore! Haha. What leak are you talking about though?

Decent effort at trolling.

I will say this, though. I remember when the Best Buy promo ads leaked online ahead of their release date, and there was one that featured the intro vocals from Axl as a tease. And whenever I listen to the beginning of the song it still reminds me of that moment and how excited I was listening to it for the first time.

It makes me sad, because when I think of times like those, I realize how happy I am whenever I hear new vocals from Axl. And it's been way too long.

I am exactly the same! I used to listen to that ad over and over again. ahhh they were exciting times...

Guest Gunns

Scraped is written with a collective mindset , "us verse the rest of the world' ( the new band perhaps)

Oh My God was written from an individualistic mindset ( It's ME against myself and the rest of the world)

which as history shows, is comparable to Axl as a sole entity at one stage early on in forming the first chinese lineup, (in the late 90s) to what we have today with the previous current/current current lineups lol

Guest Gunns

I still think Oh My God shits on scraped in every single way, even the live performance of it back in 01 is better than any performance of scraped , and I have no idea why Axl chose this song over it on the last release, but there ya have it people, another point that proves there's no logic involved in any decision process when it comes to Gn'R!

Edited by Gunns

The A capella vocals are fucking corny as hell but otherwise it's decent I guess. There are parts where Axl sounds like Axl at least. It's better than Silkworms or garbage like that but can't touch any of real GN'R's songs, even something like Shotgun Blues.

This

The live versions are decent. Frank drum intro is way cooler than the acapella shit