The ultimate GNR lineup

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Steven

Matt

Dizzy

This is both the bare minimum and absolute maximum that would be required to do a run through of the classic hits in the event of a reunion, so it's the only right answer.

Matt is necessary to play YCBM if nothing else.

Dizzy is necessary for the piano in some of the UYI songs (like it or not, it's part of the songs and it's not going to be ignored because of some mulletfuck on MyGNR whining about true rock n roll.)

Pianos fine. I just don't like unnecessary members in me favourite band.

It is not so much, Dizzy joining the band on the road in order to play 'Estranged', but, why did Dizzy Reed gain full member status of Guns N’ Roses? Dizzy cannot play keyboards to any tolerable degree, has slight songwriting abilities and is generally annoying, yet, suddenly this guy by-passes the labours undertook by the Appetite members to become a member of the biggest band on the planet? Never forget that Ian Stewart was once a Stone, got relegated to a backing musician of The Stones, and still continued to back The Rolling Stones until his death in the 1980s - and, Ian Stewart is a much better pianist than Dizzy ’The King of Beers’ Reed.

It is not so much, Dizzy joining the band on the road in order to play 'Estranged', but, why did Dizzy Reed gain full member status of Guns N’ Roses? Dizzy cannot play keyboards to any tolerable degree, has slight songwriting abilities and is generally annoying, yet, suddenly this guy by-passes the labours undertook by the Appetite members to become a member of the biggest band on the planet? Never forget that Ian Stewart was once a Stone, got relegated to a backing musician of The Stones, and still continued to back The Rolling Stones until his death in the 1980s - and, Ian Stewart is a much better pianist than Dizzy ’The King of Beers’ Reed.

I think you're being too hard on Dizzy. Cannot play to a tolerable degree? yes he can! exceptionally tolerable. Love the Street Of Dreams piano riff. It's great.

He is no John Lord. (He isn't even a Linda McCartney come to think of it).

Still don't mean he can't play piano to a tolerable degree. :shrugs: Guns never had great technical players. Not really. I think even Duff said the same thing once. Dizzy is good enough for me. Seems he's good enough for Axl too.

Edited by Rovim

To paraphrase an Eddie Murphy film, somebody has to wash the royal penis I suppose.

Ok, but if you're using your penis...remark to point to the fact Axl did Dizzy a favor, I agree, but that STILL don't mean he can't play piano to a tolerable degree. Cause he can. Yes he can!

He is no John Lord. (He isn't even a Linda McCartney come to think of it).

That's because GNR didn't need a Jon Lord. Just a guy who could play the odd piano line or background noise. You seem to think being a member of the band is some kind of ritualistic rite of passage that granted him undeserved millions. He's still a bum who can't afford to pay his rent.