Axl's stage presence

The stones stage presence is no where near as good as they were back in the day but still have more stage presence than most other bands I've seen, for me Axl just needs his ass kickin to look a bit more serious when he's on stage.

I can't agree that Springsteen is anything other than dull, I just didn't enjoy it as much as what all the hype was about.

Axl still puts on a good show but needs to know where it's poor, nailed on team Brazil won't tell him

FACT: if you think Axl is a "fact joke" void of stage presence your perspective of reality is somewhere between non-existent and completely out of touch. you have been buried on fan boy message boards hyper analyzing voice, appearance etc and somehow miss the reality that while Axl has aged he still is loaded with more stage presence than most any performer out there. he exudes rock star in a way few besides mick jagger do when he steps on staged

be pissed about no new music. but you lose all credibility on topics like this.

total. fucking. farce.

lolwut?

Your post isn't "FACT". It's an opinion, just like all of the other opinions expressed on here. Many, many people (on and off this board) can clearly see that Axl these days isn't anywhere near the gold standard he once set for all frontmen.

The stones stage presence is no where near as good as they were back in the day but still have more stage presence than most other bands I've seen, for me Axl just needs his ass kickin to look a bit more serious when he's on stage.

I can't agree that Springsteen is anything other than dull, I just didn't enjoy it as much as what all the hype was about.

Axl still puts on a good show but needs to know where it's poor, nailed on team Brazil won't tell him

Now we're talking. See? It wasn't a pointless thread after all. ;)

Like I said, when people age, and specially artists you just can't expect them to be "exactly" or "literally" the same as they were in their youth. That's why I said that no one is expecting Axl running around in his 28 year old biker shorts again. That said, Axl is just 52, but his fans make it seem like "oh, God, please understand. He has aged." That's utter bullshit.

When Axl was 44 and 48 respectively, he still had that "fire" in him, and his performance was not bad (considering his age). Now, after Rio 2011 he has been in autopilot, and his performance has just declined a lot. Most of the people in the forum can see that. That's basically what we're discussing.

I saw Axl in 2010 and he was great, still running around and killing it. I saw him again in 2012 and it was like seeing a ghost. Not even close, and that's just in comparison with 2010, man. Not even trying to compare that to the 90s.

• Like 1

But it is kinda pointless, nothing's going to change, same old tour , slightly less movement n obviously Axl's getting older and more unfit, shit happens, it happens with age and bad management of the band

The best I've seen Axl was 2006, his voice was probably better then than it was in 1992/3 , just the shit hair let it down , now Axl's mid 50's take a couple of years and looks it, so what , he still puts on a great show , exception rock in rio 2011

But it is kinda pointless, nothing's going to change, same old tour , slightly less movement n obviously Axl's getting older and more unfit, shit happens, it happens with age and bad management of the band

The best I've seen Axl was 2006, his voice was probably better then than it was in 1992/3 , just the shit hair let it down , now Axl's mid 50's take a couple of years and looks it, so what , he still puts on a great show , exception rock in rio 2011

The BAND puts on a great show, Axl, since 2011 is a joke vocally...(except on maybe 7-8 times in the last 3 years....)

Edited by Motivation

FACT: if you think Axl is a "fact joke" void of stage presence your perspective of reality is somewhere between non-existent and completely out of touch. you have been buried on fan boy message boards hyper analyzing voice, appearance etc and somehow miss the reality that while Axl has aged he still is loaded with more stage presence than most any performer out there. he exudes rock star in a way few besides mick jagger do when he steps on staged

be pissed about no new music. but you lose all credibility on topics like this.

total. fucking. farce.

What makes him "exude" rockstar?

You could say the whole forum is pointless then. There's nothing new to discuss and nothing is gonna change... You made some good posts on this thread and I enjoyed reading them. Even though I've probably read the same thing a thousand times before. It's the reality of the GNR online community, not pointless IMO.

Surely a factor is that Axl doesn't rehearse with the band , just rocks up on tour , that's why the first bunch of shows on every recent tour have been a bit crap, they or he gets better as the tour goes on

Agree with this. It was probably ok not to rehearse back in the day, just jump on stage and nail it. He probably thinks he can do the same now, but it doesn't work that way. This has been discussed plenty of times, but ageing vocal chords need work to maintain. And we all know Axl's work ethic.

Well, man, I don't know what you're expecting from a fan forum, then. You think discussing Guns N' Roses and its members is "kinda pointless". So when we discuss the possibility of new music, that's also "kinda pointless" to you. That's... I don't know what to say, a very odd way of thinking.

When you say that in 2006 he was "the best you have seen" and his voice, in your opinion, was probably even better than it was in the 90s, you're contradicting your first premise. If his voice was able to be "probably better" than in his prime, even if he was older, then why it's almost impossible for you to understand that people expect more from a 50 year old Axl Rose?

You seem to ignore a lot of points I'm making. He was 48 when I saw him for the first time. Killer show, killer voice, killer performance. Then I saw him in 2012, that's only 2 years and somehow you want me to understand that in 2 years Axl aged like 20? Because what I saw 2 years before was 100% different.

Finally, Axl is not in his mid 50s, he's 52.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Take notice, I said mid 50's take a couple of years, for me Axl was perfect in 06, great in 10, bit worse in 12 and a bit better this year

Noted. My bad.

See, then there was a brusque change between those years. That's what we're discussing. I think we could all be happy with a version of Axl who gives a fuck about his performance, not with someone who is just going through the motions. Age is not an excuse, he's not 75.

• Like 1

My option is , if a 2015 tour will happen, with or without cd2.... Axl , please fuckin rehearse with the band you have chosen to put together under a name you control.... More effort, more focus.... Kick all the fans asses that are giving the band a load of flack and prove a point that it's serious

My option is , if a 2015 tour will happen, with or without cd2.... Axl , please fuckin rehearse with the band you have chosen to put together under a name you control.... More effort, more focus.... Kick all the fans asses that are giving the band a load of flack and prove a point that it's serious

Well, there's a lot of people around here that are disappointed by not only Axl terrible performance but lack of new music. So, at least in my case, and I have said this before, if he's in 2010 level in 2015 and he decides to perform more UYI songs, I'm happy. That said, I'm not the entire board so you will still see a big large group of people complaining about the set list.

http://youtu.be/SuZSWnAZJAA

http://youtu.be/_E9tXu5oOx8

http://youtu.be/bfrjVKhn0DM

2010 he was awesome! I do remember he hurt his leg by falling off a table after a show in 2012. He tweeted he needs to take it easier or know his limits...something like that. But either way 2010 I felt he was amazing, especially at the show I linked

Yeah that was in moscow, i was at the Dublin show which followed that, it's the best I've seen Axl there and he moved round well considering what went on

2010 he was awesome! I do remember he hurt his leg by falling off a table after a show in 2012. He tweeted he needs to take it easier or know his limits...something like that. But either way 2010 I felt he was amazing, especially at the show I linked

Yeah that was in moscow, i was at the Dublin show which followed that, it's the best I've seen Axl there and he moved round well considering what went on

I thought it was Netherlands?

He fell off the table in Moscow, that's where the tour kicked off

He fell off the table in Moscow, that's where the tour kicked off

Oh I get ya! Haha I thought you were talking about the video

His leg injury looked painful, so maybe that has slowed him down.

I'm watching the O2 Arena show. Axl has no stage presence anymore. He just wiggles back and forth. I get it...he's older but a little more enthusiasm would be nice.

Sorry for duplicate topic. . Tried to move this to the dance section. It didn't work.

Being older is no excuse imo. Steven Tyler was a mad man on stage in his early 50's. Axl not moving around has more to do with his unwillingness to get into shape again. When he was 30, he hired a trainer and worked out. He took it seriously. Now, that doesn't APPEAR to be a priority. If it was, he wouldn't be so overweight.