The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

I tend to watch football with my mother as we have some interesting conversations and she is a bigger fan of football than me. One conversation which happens whenever ''the Jeeerrmans'' play is basically an answer to the following question: ''which member of the German team can you envision in a SS uniform?''. This happens every two years. You'll here things like this: ''that Schweinsteiger, I can just imagine him marching the Jews to the gas chamber, with his big leather boots and his death cap''. We have narrowed it down to Schweinsteiger. Schweinsteiger seems to be the only outright, movie villain Nazi, left. Muller and Kroos and one or two others would pass as ordinary  WWehrmacht.

I mourn for the days of Oliver Khan!!

Enlightened bunch, my family.

I find them quite impartial and fair as commentators, our lot, as much as i prefer em, dont half come off as prejudiced sometimes.  And other times they talk absolute cobblers.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Mascerano is still playing? I remember him from world cup 2006.

Hes 32 and still sharp as a tack.

OLE OLE OLE OLE!!!!! CHILE!!!! CHILE!!!  OLE OLE OLE OLE!!! CHILE, CHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boy Messi bottled it, whaddya know!

Player of the tournament?  ALEXIS SANCHEZ BABY, ALEXIS SANCHEZ WOOOOAHHH!!!!!

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Messi quits international football, what a fuckin' pussy!  Fuck me, if England players chucked it in every time we bottled a peno or didnt see a tournament out to silverware there wouldn't be a squad.

He could have had another world cup in him, surely? He's only 29!! He's at his prime now!! Heck he could have another two at a push, albeit the second one as a super sub.

The Argies won't like this. I watched a documentary about Messi in the build up to the last World Cup and I know he is not really loved in Argentina. There is a feeling that he has not played his best football for them, and that he is ''more Spanish'' than Argie.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

He could have had another world cup in him, surely? He's only 29!! He's at his prime now!! Heck he could have another two at a push, albeit the second one as a super sub.

The Argies won't like this. I watched a documentary about Messi in the build up to the last World Cup and I know he is not really loved in Argentina. There is a feeling that he has not played his best football for them, and that he is ''more Spanish'' than Argie.

He ain't quit cuz he's too old, he's quit for 'emotional reasons', ya big girls blouse! :lol:

A bloke called Kim? :lol:

'ere Dad, look at this book here, Jean Paul Satre!  Look, it's a bloke with a birds name!  Thats like me being called Harold Gladys!  They're a funny lot, these writers!'  Well if its good enough for Kipling!

Edited by Len B'stard

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

A bloke called Kim? :lol:

'ere Dad, look at this book here, Jean Paul Satre!  Look, it's a bloke with a birds name!  Thats like me being called Harold Gladys!  They're a funny lot, these writers!'  Well if its good enough for Kipling!

Yes, it is fair to say he did not meet all the basic requirements of a 1980s Australian Cricket Captain. He even talked posh!!