Rush Announce R40 Live 40th Anniversary Tour [SPOILERS]

Powerage5

Unfortunately, it's not looking good for me with the Toronto shows, which really blows. I'm working my buns off to try and get one off though, so I'll see if I can figure anything out before the public on-sale date. Detroit may be my only option as of right now.

Unfortunately, it's not looking good for me with the Toronto shows, which really blows. I'm working my buns off to try and get one off though, so I'll see if I can figure anything out before the public on-sale date. Detroit may be my only option as of right now.

Bummer :( We'll definitely have to meet up if we end up at one of the same gigs though! Detroit would be fucking cool - you, me, Zoso and Russ.
  • Like 1

I would love to see this concert with my brother. He's a huge Rush fan and actually got me into them. I've seen Rush many times. I love the fact that they don't have an opening act, because being Rush they don't need one.

I know my brother will be seeing this show in NYC when they come through.

One of the best bands of all time.

Like I said I had some financial prorities come up this week so I'm not ready to spend almost $200 a ticket until next week, but I figured I'd check the Toronto presale for shits and giggles. I couldn't pop up a pair at all for either of them after trying for twenty minutes. I do think it's kind of stupid to have the presale link open to anybody and the only password requirement is for Ticketmaster VIP crap.

Like I said I had some financial prorities come up this week so I'm not ready to spend almost $200 a ticket until next week, but I figured I'd check the Toronto presale for shits and giggles. I couldn't pop up a pair at all for either of them after trying for twenty minutes. I do think it's kind of stupid to have the presale link open to anybody and the only password requirement is for Ticketmaster VIP crap.

Same here. I had a mini breakdown when I couldn't pull up a single ticket for Detroit or either Toronto show after getting Montreal, and now I'm gonna try and get a decent seat for the opening night in Tulsa in the general sale in a few mins :mellow:

Yup, I caved in and got tickets to Tulsa. About halfway back on the floor, but it'll be cool to see the opening night!

Fuck it. I bought for Buffalo. I was quickly able to pull up a pair in 117. Even with my impending passport renewal it still works out cheaper than Toronto anyways. First Rush show out of seven times that I've never gone to Toronto. It feels weird. :lol:

P5 - we'll have to meet for a beer. ;)

Fuck it. I bought for Buffalo. I was quickly able to pull up a pair in 117. Even with my impending passport renewal it still works out cheaper than Toronto anyways. First Rush show out of seven times that I've never gone to Toronto. It feels weird. :lol:

Definitely! I'll go ahead and get a single for Toronto in the Citicard presale then?

Definitely! I'll go ahead and get a single for Toronto in the Citicard presale then?

I'd say yes on that one. Buffalo will likely be all I do so I'm glad I can at least scratch that off!

Not to mention last year when there was talk of the tour Geddy mentioned it was a group decision to tour and they hadn't yet decided whether R40 was a go even though he was eager to get out and play, and even though he didn't specify it seemed to me that he meant Neil was the unsure one. I also think that's why his drum solo was split in two on the last tour - it's getting hard on the old guy! I can't blame him either.

I can imagine it's pretty hard for Neil. He's been uncertain about touring for the last couple of tours, but he always gets really into it anyway. I'm not sure how much longer he'll want to go on with it. I do hope they release at least one more album, but I guess we'll have to see.

I personally don't think they'll do another album. Clockwork Angels is a great note to end their recording career on IMO.

I can see them doing at least one more album, maybe not with a full scale tour behind it but these guys are arguably at the top of their game instrumentally. I have seen Rush every tour since Snakes and Arrows and I feel that their technical abilites are still as good as they ever were - even if Geddy can't sing as high as he used to. Clockwork Angels would definitely be a strong way to end their career, however I still think they could probably dish out more kickass tunes!

Sucks that the onsale date for the CA shows are 2/6 and not today like the rest of the shows, I just wanna get my tickets for this tour already!! Can't wait to see them live again

• Like 1

Recent interview with Neil in the Toronto Star makes it sound like this really will be it.

To be fair, if it were up to Neil they would've been done 10 years ago (Or more...). But yeah, this time I'll believe him.

Even as early as the Vapor Trails tour Alex made it seem like they would play it by ear as far as continuing to tour and record. Neil decided he wanted to do it again at the time of course but they didn't have a timeline. I do think Neil still enjoys it but recognizes he's getting on and with his daughter I'm sure he prioritizes his family time.

• Like 1

Just got my ticket to the first Toronto gig - dead center in the lower bowl right behind the floor. There was like, zero demand for the Wednesday show - I could still use the interactive map to pick my own seat, and I could've even gotten decent floor seats if I wanted.

So it looks like I'm doing:

5/8 - Tulsa

6/10 - Buffalo

6/17 - Toronto

6/21 - Montreal

6/25 - Philadelphia

6/29 - New York

Not at all what I originally planned, and I didn't manage to get amazing seats to any gig, but I can't complain :)