International 2015 Competition of MyGNR Tone for Guitar Shootout Ultimate Challenge Official Thread for the 2015 Grand Prix Competition Challenge

Tone?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's that time again, apparently.

No judges this time, YOU ALL will be the judges.

Instead of having a 3 judge panel, I will make a public poll for anyone to vote in (1 vote per person). If you'd like to participate as a challenger, PM me so I can add you to the poll.

Aspiring challengers must PM me by 1/4/16 to be put on the poll. The poll will go live the following Monday, 1/11/16, exactly two weeks from today. Post your submissions in this thread on that day as well, but not before then.

Rules & Regulations:

Any hosting service may be used to host your clip: YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. are all acceptable as long as they allow for free and simple listening (no sites that require accounts).

Submissions should be anywhere from 1-3 minutes long, demoing whichever tone(s) of yours you think will win. Guitar only - no tracks with bass, drums, vocals, etc. will be considered for judgement. There should also be no post-production on your track - if you want to use a gate or OD or delay or whatever in your actual signal chain that's fine, but nothing can be added after the track is recorded.

All are encouraged to participate, make sure to include a quick summary of your gear used in the clip with your submission. PM me with any questions, I don't want to clutter this thread up too much.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I will make a public poll for anyone to vote in (1 vote per person

I like the idea

The previous years challenge was a bit overruled

I was one of the judges, but I was too stoned.

I was one of the judges too and don't appreciate having my integrity besmirched. ?

Also, I thought being drunk and stoned was a prerequisite to being a judge in a guitar tone comp.?

I like the idea

I was one of the judges too and don't appreciate having my integrity besmirched.

Also, I thought being drunk and stoned was a prerequisite to being a judge in a guitar tone comp.

To be fair though, I'm always stoned. It's a condition. Can't wait for this btw. (sorry for besmirching bro)

I like the idea

I was one of the judges too and don't appreciate having my integrity besmirched.

Also, I thought being drunk and stoned was a prerequisite to being a judge in a guitar tone comp.

To be fair though, I'm always stoned. It's a condition. Can't wait for this btw. (sorry for besmirching bro)

Nah, all good. I was referring to the "overruled" comment. (And I was kidding).

I hope some more people put some entries in. It was fun last year.

I like the idea

Nah, all good. I was referring to the "overruled" comment. (And I was kidding).

I hope some more people put some entries in. It was fun last year.

I know at least Klay will not be able to resist, so that's a start. :P It was great last year. Omar always brings it.

• Like 1

Are there no entries then?

I think people are distracted by the fact that there is actual GNR news. Last year we had quite a few entries, somewhere in the 7-10 range if I recall correctly. I know most of those people still actively post, not to mention there are probably hundreds of other guitarists registered on this forum. The forum was a lot less D&N heavy a year ago - now there's serious GNR stuff going on.

That's my theory at least. :lol: