07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

19 hours ago, dgnr said:

And there was a time when we had our much dreamed reunion, and they played Coma every night, and they brought Adler, and Slash played Sorry and Axl tickled Slash on stage. Crazy times, beautiful times. We can all die happy  :drool:

It really is crazy, right? I'm repeating myself here but it's ironic that I never wanted this to happen and yet i'm literally more happy than many of the reunionists. There are so many incredible, impossibly fantastic aspects of this whole experience on so many levels that I couldn't fathom being majorly critical of anything pertaining to the shows and performances at this point. It'd be like still being on your honeymoon having the best time ever and then getting on the phone every day to bitch to your friends that your wife has this really annoying mole on the back of her neck that drives you insane.

I mean, i'm really not too keen on Slash's improvisational solos on the Chinese stuff: i'd personally prefer he either stuck closer to the original like he did on Twat or wrote his own completely new versions and stuck to them. 

But you know what? I ain't gonna come on here after every show and moan about it over and over and over and over in every fucking thread like a little bitch. And when I go to a bunch of shows round Europe next year I ain't gonna give a flying fuck if it's the exact same core setlist and Axl isn't 100% raspy and Slash is noodling the Chinese solos because it's going to be fucking awesome anyway and I don't give a shit. 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Awesome to see the two gifs side by side. The second one pretty much shows why Slash didn't so much as blink when Axl tickled him in the first. He learned long ago to ignore outside influences (silly redheads) trying to throw him off his game.

Did Axl ever do this with Ashba? Or have any of the musicians working with Slash done stuff like that on stage with/to Slash? :) 

51 minutes ago, GNR-girl said:

Did Axl ever do this with Ashba? Or have any of the musicians working with Slash done stuff like that on stage with/to Slash? :) 

Tbh he's goofed around with everyone at some point and he was often very affectionate towards Robin and Robin would sometimes even put his head against Axl's chest. 

But it's a whole other level with Slash in terms of the connection, love, respect, years they've known eachother. As much as I loved Bucket and Robin and hate all the tired 'hired hands' bullshit, it's pretty obvious that Axl treats Slash and Duff as equals. You can't fake that chemistry. 

• Like 1

Man oh man. Haven't had time to write a review. I have nothing more to say than Wow. Never in a million years did I think I'd witness that, and that stadium was fucking packed. To anyone who ever told me GNR sucked the past 18 years they've been my band - suck my fucking dick. Pure fucking rock magic. 

Side note- the lithos...where they limited? When I was able to get one it said 68/350. Does that mean I lucked out?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, charliehoodger said:

Man oh man. Haven't had time to write a review. I have nothing more to say than Wow. Never in a million years did I think I'd witness that, and that stadium was fucking packed. To anyone who ever told me GNR sucked the past 18 years they've been my band - suck my fucking dick. Pure fucking rock magic. 

Side note- the lithos...where they limited? When I was able to get one it said 68/350. Does that mean I lucked out?

those lithos are super cool right?  That was the biggest BEST and hottest show I have ever experienced!  I agree AMAZING... so much so I bought tix the following day for north jersey on saturday.  GNR is the only band I have ever seen twice in the same tour.  twice on UYI and now twice NITL.  I told my husband to expect GNR on the brain disease for quite a while to come. An event like this stays with you:headbang:

• Like 1

• downzy unpinned this topic
57 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

You must have been right in front of me because I have 69 and 70. 

2 hours ago, metalms said:

those lithos are super cool right?  That was the biggest BEST and hottest show I have ever experienced!  I agree AMAZING... so much so I bought tix the following day for north jersey on saturday.  GNR is the only band I have ever seen twice in the same tour.  twice on UYI and now twice NITL.  I told my husband to expect GNR on the brain disease for quite a while to come. An event like this stays with you:headbang:

Awesome :headbang:

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone said this but maybe they debuted Sorry in Philly as a way Axl actually apologizing for 2003 no show?  However if you go by the lyrics it's a different kind of sorry... sorry for you etc

Anyway I was at the concert it was awesome! They are my favorite band and it was absolutely amazing my favorite were Layla to November rain and then Estranged if anyone really cares.

Hopefully they come back again I'll see them in the pit next time!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fernomenoyde said:

Guns N' Roses | Chinese Democracy | 07.14.2016 Philadelphia, PA (Multicam) 
--------------
Guns N' Roses .  Lincoln Field, Philadelphia
Audio: remastered / video edit by Fernomenoyde
ALL CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDERS

ENJOY!!!!!!

CONGRATS FUCKING AWESOME MULTICAM EDIT!

:headbang:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karri said:

I have at least one source. Do you?

"And for the idiots out there, no, this song is not about someone I used to know".

-Axl

Still not buying it. Slash and Duff told Axl to shut up and sing. Who else did? Either way, it's fucking awesome they're playing it. Love Slash's takes on Bucket. I think the fact that he actually  says pretty close to the feel of Buckets parts but nobody else's suggests he maybe respects what Bucket did more. Maybe. 

20 hours ago, jerry said:

Not sure if anyone said this but maybe they debuted Sorry in Philly as a way Axl actually apologizing for 2003 no show?  However if you go by the lyrics it's a different kind of sorry... sorry for you etc

Anyway I was at the concert it was awesome! They are my favorite band and it was absolutely amazing my favorite were Layla to November rain and then Estranged if anyone really cares.

Hopefully they come back again I'll see them in the pit next time!

We can all stand in a row and they can all suck our fucking dicks. Edit: sorry replied to wrong person! But they can still suck our dicks. 

Edited by Jordan Rose

On 16/07/2016 at 3:39 PM, charliehoodger said:

Yeah. Suck our dicks. 

2 hours ago, Karri said:

Yeah. I agree it is weird.

A while back I started a thread analysing Sorry line by line and by the end of the discussion, virtually everyone agreed it makes no sense for it to be directed at anyone else except verses -> Slash/old band and chorus -> fans. I wish he'd just bloody tell us who it's about. And I don't believe it's aimed at a composite of enemies/media/fans/whatever because it's WAY too personal and specifically directed at only a few individuals at most. Might try and find that thread......

• Like 1