MTV is bringing Unplugged back - is it GNR's turn?

56 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think the acoustic November Rain was done in the 93 Hartford show. Buy the end of that tour it was still just Slash and Axl for most of the song but Slash was using his Les Paul with Acoustic effects.

The best quality acoustic set from that tour is Argentina 7/16/93.. The Segue in and out of the set is amazing too. Awesome quality and probably my favorite Gn'R bootleg.. The intro to Brownstone is off the charts on this show too! That lineup had CHEMISTRY!! There are two Argentina shows out there but 7/16/93 is the one you want. Starts off dicey because of equipment issues. The even stop in the middle of Jungle because of them. But once resolved, WATCH OUT!!

Bad ass Double Talkin Jive with Oh Well and Train Kept A Rollin medley during the intro and small Roadhouse Blues snippet with vocals at the end.
Dead Flowers (Stones Cover)
You Ain't The First
You're Crazy (with awesome intro jam.. Hendrix Sample and maybe fame (fame could have been later in the show)
Used To Love Her
Patience 
KOHD
November Rain
Dead Horse

Amazing

I love the fact that you manage to get the 7/16-93 show into almost every post you do! ;) Amazing show!

• Like 1

I saw Tom Waits do "Storytellers" and there's nothing spontaneous or natural about it, the audience is on a cold soundstage where they bitched about bringing bottled water, the producers are worried about camera angles and other bullshit that the audience and band members lose patience over. 

If GNR opened the soundchecks for this tour to fanclub members and filmed them with a Q&A at different shows, then edited them into one Unplugged or Storytellers, it would probably be a better way to go about it. Of course the questions would have been prescreened *L* 

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I love the fact that you manage to get the 7/16-93 show into almost every post you do! ;) Amazing show!

I am obsessed with it. It is sooooo good. I always had the acoustic set from some CD I bought ages ago but ended up downloading the whole show a few weeks before Vegas.. Love it. It was their second to last show. It was like they hit their peak and then poof... gone

• Like 1