Battlefield 1

So this is completely weird and not what I expected at all: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/06/battlefield-1-officially-confirmed-release-date-and-first-details-revealed

The concept is interesting, I'm very surprised. I hope the game is good, I don't really know what else to say I'm in such shock at the setting/release video - it's so un-Battlefield :lol:.

Fuck EA/Dice/Origin though, I'm sure your $60 preorder includes half the game. Then you pay $50 for the rest of it 6 months after initial release.

I just noticed at the bottom of the trailer it in the first few frames it says "Game engine footage." That's nuts, I know game engine footage doesn't = gameplay exactly, but that's still very impressive! 

I have been hoping for a modern made WWII game for a while, the last one was, World At War? Long time ago. But WWI is closish, should be interesting, and hasn't been beaten to death like WWII has. Though I'd still like to see a newer WWII game. 

• Like 2

it looks amazing and i cannot wait to play it, also having the harlem hell fighters in the game is also awesome. they also separated the assault and medic class once again, as a medic i'am extremely happy for this.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Should be a goodie. My bro and I were talking about the old Metal of Honor game and wishing they would go back to that era of military FPS. Come to find out, Battlefield I is here! Hope to God they do it right...

Edited by Un42nutzly

They didn't want to this because they weren't sure their demographic would know what World War I was. Doesn't that fucking tell you everyone you need to know? Abhorrent.

I can't really get over the fact they're talking about this really gritty World War I story, with trailer music like that "YEAH ISN'T WAR AWESOME?!" I like the idea, but I can't see this being all that different. I'll gladly be proven wrong, but I'm not sure they'll be able to do a campaign justice and I've really grown out of focusing my attention towards multiplayer FPS. Everything Battlefield leaves somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth too, purely for the high horse that fans are on. Battlefield vs Call of Duty is worse than Microsoft vs Sony, just the worst. I actually kind'a liked Hardline though, but seem to be in a minority. And Black Ops 3 was the best CoD in a very long time, I bet the majority of the hate it gets came from people who never played it. I hope this sets a precedent though for these games returning to their roots, if only for a little bit. 

The popularity of Overwatch suggests to me that these two might be better off taking a year off and work on something special. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

I heard a rumour that this game won't have French and Russian forces in it. What in the absolute fuck? I mean, I understand some liberties being taken, but come on.

i think they will be added in expansion packs. battlefield expansion are usually pretty meaty and in battlefield 2 they added new countries in their expansions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bran said:

i think they will be added in expansion packs. battlefield expansion are usually pretty meaty and in battlefield 2 they added new countries in their expansions.

I do hope that's the case then. I find it hard to believe they'd be outright excluded.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

I heard a rumour that this game won't have French and Russian forces in it. What in the absolute fuck? I mean, I understand some liberties being taken, but come on.

DICE might not be confident that their audience will know who the French or Russians are.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2016 at 11:18 PM, Zeppelin said:

I do hope that's the case then. I find it hard to believe they'd be outright excluded.

i didn't see this until now(i'm a fucking idiot so sue me :lol:)  

a developer posted on his twitter about the french

" @JeanCaneton L'armée française est présente dans la campagne, et on prend un soin tout particulier pour l'ajouter en MP après le lancement"

which google translates to

"The French army is present in the country, and we take great care to add MP after launch"

so it looks like the french will be in the game, i think the russians will be as well. its also being rumored that we will be getting much more free stuff in terms of MP than in the past.

• Like 1

levelcapgaming doing a class by class breakdown, starting with the assault class.

sounds like the assault class is really a mix of assault and engineer, at this time(closed alpha) assault is best equipped at taking down tanks. they get 2 anti tank grenades, plus a tripod missile(?) launcher of some sort. it has be used with the tripod so you need to find a ledge, a window sill, or lay down prone to use it. assault has smg's and shotguns, they are the best killers at close range, but the guns have significant drop off in killing ability as distance increases. still not sure what class gets the dynamite.

a couple of the guns you get

mp18

hqdefault.jpg

beretta model 1918(the automatico m1918)

beretta-model-1918-submachine-gun.jpg

remington model 10A

17010930_1.jpg?v=8D0629989E3DC90

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

russia and france are confirmed for dlc. france will be added in the first expansion in march 2017, "they shall not pass"(said by french general at verdun) beta goes from august 30(if insider) to september 8. first free map will be released in december, titled "giants shadow"

earlier i was playing as a medic(which needs serious work) i was near flag B, inside a bombed out building, i see two enemy(land tank, light tank) tanks low on health coming at our tank, who was low on health, the two tanks ram our tank and blow it up, which i threw my AT grenade blowing up both enemy tanks and getting 5 kills.

On 9/1/2016 at 4:45 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Sound, gameplay, and graphics are amazing

They need to make it feel bigger, though. It's fucking WWI

They need to find a way to make large Bayonetta and infantry charges a thing, and make Rush way bigger

Did beta start? I thought I signed up for it, maybe it went to my spam folder.

From the previews I saw, yeah the maps looked kinda small compared to what we're used to in BF. But everything else seems great.

EDIT: Ah open beta, downloading now. Though I was supposed to get an email about closed beta. :max:

Edited by OmarBradley