What went wrong with NUGNR?

16 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I would lose all respect for Slash if he did this. I refuse to accept any material from a reunited GNR that does not involve starting from scratch with the guys together in the studio. Every member needs to have input, like they used to. 

I'd plan on it. He is plays Chinese better and TIL with his own takes on those songs, if rumors or slash recording for GNR with axl not recording new vocals are true, especially considering he sounds as good as he does now, then 2 and 2 equals 4

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

I don't know if that was the case at the very beginning. It turned out to be really good and that's it. No masterplan. 

Well I don't mean it like it was a conspiracy. I just think axl could see Tommy was leaving and I think he wanted to tour with duff. After seeing how much better it probably was now versus then and seeing as Duff was an objective third party to mending things with slash, I just think it warmed axl up to the idea of a reunion going from something he would hate to something that might be worth doing.

I do not feel it was doomed right from the start. Certain things took place over the course of 12/13 years that killed Axl's vision of what Guns N' Roses was at the time.

I believe that had Chinese Democracy been released in 2001/2002 We may have had different results.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I would lose all respect for Slash if he did this. I refuse to accept any material from a reunited GNR that does not involve starting from scratch with the guys together in the studio. Every member needs to have input, like they used to. 

nonsense.   we should welcome any new music.. if we even get new music.

• Like 1

On 5.6.2016 at 2:24 AM, SWINGTRADER said:

But it's kinda like Fortus working on an old Slash idea. As long as it's good and the band agrees the idea is good enough to turn into a song and be a part of the album, it's cool imo.

It's all unreleased material anyway. Starting from scratch without using at least the best ideas Axl has come up with will be counter productive.

We don't even know how long it will take Axl and the band to finish and release an album that will include existing material.

This has been done before since AFD, and many other bands have done this. Members always quit bands, so you can't really start over every time the bass player leaves. Axl actually did this when Robin left. He asked Brian May if he could come up with any solos that he'd like cause he was bummed out about Robin leaving and didn't want to use his solos on at least some of the material.

Slash and Duff can make it sound more Gn'R. November Rain and Estranged did not sound like Guns tunes to me before Slash made those Guns. Same with It's So Easy. It was far removed from what a Guns song sounds like. They know what to do with Axl's ideas. If he recorded something brilliant and it's in the vault, why not use it and give it to Slash?

If there's a song like Better, on that level of quality, why not use it? start from scratch and it might take another 20 years.

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

But it's kinda like Fortus working on an old Slash idea. As long as it's good and the band agrees the idea is good enough to turn into a song and be a part of the album, it's cool imo.

It's all unreleased material anyway. Starting from scratch without using at least the best ideas Axl has come up with will be counter productive.

We don't even know how long it will take Axl and the band to finish and release an album that will include existing material.

This has been done before since AFD, and many other bands have done this. Members always quit bands, so you can't really start over every time the bass player leaves. Axl actually did this when Robin left. He asked Brian May if he could come up with any solos that he'd like cause he was bummed out about Robin leaving and didn't want to use his solos on at least some of the material.

Slash and Duff can make it sound more Gn'R. November Rain and Estranged did not sound like Guns tunes to me before Slash made those Guns. Same with It's So Easy. It was far removed from what a Guns song sounds like. They know what to do with Axl's ideas. If he recorded something brilliant and it's in the vault, why not use it and give it to Slash?

If there's a song like Better, on that level of quality, why not use it? start from scratch and it might take another 20 years.

I moderately agree.