For Those Seeing GN'R Live For The 1st Time This Year: Is This a Dream or What??!!

Yes is is an awesome time to be a GNR fan. I saw them in Nashville from the Pit and it may be the best concert I have ever been to. I thought it would calm me down seeing them but now I just want to see them more. I have been thinking about going to Atlanta

• Like 1

I'm excited too. ive been a fan since I can remember. one of my earliest memories of my entire life is being three years old in '88... watching the Patience video on mtv. I would watch mtv constantly waiting for it to come on. I got my first copy of AFD around 90 when I was 5.... and my love for the band only grew from there. I've never seen them live.... but I got tickets to their show in Dallas (Arlington) in a couple of weeks. absolutely cannot wait!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Yes is is an awesome time to be a GNR fan. I saw them in Nashville from the Pit and it may be the best concert I have ever been to. I thought it would calm me down seeing them but now I just want to see them more. I have been thinking about going to Atlanta

The pit!! Man! Lucky you! 

I considered getting pit tickets but thought about having to stand for hours and my back wouldn't appreciate the strain lol. 

Ahh I wish I could afford to make it to another show but with kids and bills that's completely unlikely for me. I hear that a new album may possibly be on the slate in the future. If so, I'll have to wait until they roll through here again, hopefully next year. 

4 hours ago, nevergotochurch said:

I'm excited too. ive been a fan since I can remember. one of my earliest memories of my entire life is being three years old in '88... watching the Patience video on mtv. I would watch mtv constantly waiting for it to come on. I got my first copy of AFD around 90 when I was 5.... and my love for the band only grew from there. I've never seen them live.... but I got tickets to their show in Dallas (Arlington) in a couple of weeks. absolutely cannot wait!!!

Cool memories!! I've got my early way back  MTV memories too but they include the likes of Pat Benatar, Toto and Tonie Basil lol..

If I would have known that Skrillex was going to open for the Houston show when I bought tickets I would have probably bought tix for Arlington. The Cult is worth driving another hour or so for. Skrillex...really? Lol

51 minutes ago, Basicredhead17 said:

I've never seen them live. So excited to be going to the show in Dallas. I just can't believe this is real!

Same here..never been to a concert but will finally be seeing them AUG 9TH. SF!...I'm sure others are sick of me talking about it lol but I can't believe it's actually happening! Will be flying in from AK to see those guys. Can't wait! :headbang:

I became a fan of theirs sometime in or around 1988 when I was 9. They were gods to me growing up... almost mystical. I was there during the early 90's, when they were gods of pop culture. I was just a tad too young to seem them then, and dreamed of doing so for decades as Axl paraded around with "his" GNR. I was never tempted to see that version because it just wasn't GNR to me so when it happened... when they reunited? I told whoever would listen that I waited two decades... an entire lifetime almost... to see this band and that I was paying whatever was asked to see them up close and personal. That happened in Nashville and it was surprisingly emotional. It was so emotional that I was caught off guard a few times watching these guys perform songs that meant so much as a kid and teenager. More than a few times I was overcome with emotion and cried. Yeah, I know, fucking whatever. But those songs, this band... I had no idea how heavy it was all going to be and how personal their music was during certain times in my life.

But yeah... it was a dream and it happened and now I can check it off the 'ol "do this before you die" list and I couldn't be happier. They were better than I had hoped and exceeded whatever I had in my head by a mile. I'll never forget it.

Edited by Nintari

it awesome i saw them the second night in mexico and yeah the dream of seeing axl and slash finally on stage its happening :D , i have a hope of see them again this year after the south america tour i don't know perhaps they can play a concert again in Mexico on the way to USA lol 

Edited by GN'R MEX
more coment

16 hours ago, axlslash said:

I saw Guns from the rail at the UCAP show in Philly. I'm as excited now, days before MetLife, as I was when the lights went out back in 2012. This is as excited as I think I have ever been for a concert. 

It's almost show time for you!!! :dance:

14 hours ago, smith13 said:

You are going to remember this show for the rest of your life. 

Yes agreed....and hopefully more GN'R shows to come!!! 

12 hours ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

I think above all else you're going to realize that the Periscopes & YouTube video's just don't do it justice.  It's way better in person and you're in for a treat.

Dude, it's been what.......8 years since I've gone to concert at a major venue. I never seem to have the money at the right time, then there's a babysitter issue as well..so THIS is such a treat and I believe you. I can't wait to see for myself!

11 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Yes it was my dream and in a few weeks it will come true!!!

Definitely!!! 

7 hours ago, Nintari said:

I became a fan of theirs sometime in or around 1988 when I was 9. They were gods to me growing up... almost mystical. I was there during the early 90's, when they were gods of pop culture. I was just a tad too young to seem them then, and dreamed of doing so for decades as Axl paraded around with "his" GNR. I was never tempted to see that version because it just wasn't GNR to me so when it happened... when they reunited? I told whoever would listen that I waited two decades... an entire lifetime almost... to see this band and that I was paying whatever was asked to see them up close and personal. That happened in Nashville and it was surprisingly emotional. It was so emotional that I was caught off guard a few times watching these guys perform songs that meant so much as a kid and teenager. More than a few times I was overcome with emotion and cried. Yeah, I know, fucking whatever. But those songs, this band... I had no idea how heavy it was all going to be and how personal their music was during certain times in my life.

But yeah... it was a dream and it happened and now I can check it off the 'ol "do this before you die" list and I couldn't be happier. They were better than I had hoped and exceeded whatever I had in my head by a mile. I'll never forget it.

That is beautiful. Nothing wrong with emotion. That was all of your love and adoration for the band brimming to the surface.  Did you have pretty good seats? I too lost interest during the Axl n Roses incarnation of the band. Waiting 40 years for the release of Chinese Democracy didn't help either. 

Edited by Tiffani

7 hours ago, GN'R MEX said:

it awesome i saw them the second night in mexico and yeah the dream of seeing axl and slash finally on stage its happening :D , i have a hope of see them again this year after the south america tour i don't know perhaps they can play a concert again in Mexico on the way to USA lol 

Yea, I think I'm going to be bitten by a serious bug after this upcoming concert...eagerly wishing for their return like you lol.. 

I think I appreciated the shows I've seen this year more than my first one in 92 on the Guns/Tallica/FNM tour. I was only 13 then and even though I've seen a total of 30 GN'R shows, some of my friends like to mess with me and tell me I've still never seen the real deal since I haven't seen the AFD 5 play together all at once.  Anyway, I hope you have a blast!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tiffani said:

That is beautiful. Nothing wrong with emotion. That was all of your love and adoration for the band brimming to the surface.  Did you have pretty good seats? I too lost interest during the Axl n Roses incarnation of the band. Waiting 40 years for the release of Chinese Democracy didn't help either. 

I was second row. I think the emotions came from the way certain songs attached themselves to certain moments in life. A good example of this is when they played Wish You Were Here. I avoided all spoilers so that was a surprise to me. I use to visit my grandparents down south every summer between the ages of like 12-14 and started learning guitar between that time. One summer, I was sitting in one of the bedrooms alone with my acoustic guitar and a copy of Guitar World which had the tabs to WYWH, trying to learn the song. My grandfather (who was basically my dad since my dad was a deadbeat POS) would sneak down the hallway and listen to me play. I didn't know it of course, otherwise I would have been too nervous to play. Well, one time, he just popped in after I was done and sort of gave me an emotional hug and told me I was really good and that whatever I was playing was really pretty. It really made me feel good and gave me early encouragement and kind of told me that what I was doing was the right move etc. When Slash played the opening notes to that song that night, I turned to my GF and tried to get "my grandfather use to listen to me play this song..." but I choked up and just turned away. 

I had similar experiences throughout the night during other songs... and it really was a learning experience not only about myself, but about music in general and how we all use it to cope and/or associate it with certain times and things in our life. It was a night of dancing with ghosts. Really amazing stuff.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nintari said:

I was second row. I think the emotions came from the way certain songs attached themselves to certain moments in life. A good example of this is when they played Wish You Were Here. I avoided all spoilers so that was a surprise to me. I use to visit my grandparents down south every summer between the ages of like 12-14 and started learning guitar between that time. One summer, I was sitting in one of the bedrooms alone with my acoustic guitar and a copy of Guitar World which had the tabs to WYWH, trying to learn the song. My grandfather (who was basically my dad since my dad was a deadbeat POS) would sneak down the hallway and listen to me play. I didn't know it of course, otherwise I would have been too nervous to play. Well, one time, he just popped in after I was done and sort of gave me an emotional hug and told me I was really good and that whatever I was playing was really pretty. It really made me feel good and gave me early encouragement and kind of told me that what I was doing was the right move etc. When Slash played the opening notes to that song that night, I turned to my GF and tried to get "my grandfather use to listen to me play this song..." but I choked up and just turned away. 

I had similar experiences throughout the night during other songs... and it really was a learning experience not only about myself, but about music in general and how we all use it to cope and/or associate it with certain times and things in our life. It was a night of dancing with ghosts. Really amazing stuff.

A night of dancing with ghosts...

Wow...that is poignant. I sense a loss there. I've definitely had my share and I am very sorry for yours. Sounds like your concert experience was soul cleansing and quite epiphanous. And you're so right about the power of music to transport our spirits and heal us. I believe music is the purest and most true artform there is..

8 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I think I appreciated the shows I've seen this year more than my first one in 92 on the Guns/Tallica/FNM tour. I was only 13 then and even though I've seen a total of 30 GN'R shows, some of my friends like to mess with me and tell me I've still never seen the real deal since I haven't seen the AFD 5 play together all at once.  Anyway, I hope you have a blast!

Oh man...Metallica, Guns and Faith show had to have been epic!!! I'm not sure if I will ever make anywhere close to 30 shows...hell, who even knows where Guns will go from here, but I'm going to squeeze in as many as circumstances allow lol.