Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

I don't live in LA and it's not like I ever had plans to attend this show (if in fact it happens) but $2k for a good ticket? 

LOL, LMFAO, & GTFOOH. :rofl-lol:

No thanks. I love my lord and savior to death but I have priorities. I'll be happy with something from periscope or youtube. I could settle for one good pic of those 5 idiots together too. I don't ask for much, I'm easy. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Yiss yiss yiss

...But I'm closer. It should be me. And I have the camera equipment already. (That they most definitely wont let me take in but whatever.) So...

giphy.gif

But jokes aside, if it's AFD5 and I can afford to go I promise I will film Izzy the entire time. You guys will just have to ignore my sobbing from excitement in the background.

Fair enough.  But I just might be crazy enough to join you.

22 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

Do you guys remember axl did not want to go the induction because he wanted to pick the people to get inducted.  I have a feeling if it's a 30th anniversary concert he will pick who he wants up there so there will be a chance Izzy and/or Steven won't be there.. I hope not.. I won't be able to afford the tickets and flight with hotel so I will sit home and watch it on periscope hopefully.. hopeful someone will upload it to YouTube.

Izzy has been quiet lately but that really doesn't mean much.  Izzy will appear for a while than disappear for a while.  He is a mystery.. 

i dont think axl will have Izzy sign something saying stay quiet because Izzy can behave..

If Axl would "pick" people for AFD show (and would not include Izzy and Steven) then he really should change the band's name officially into " Cunts N' Roses" like @DieselDaisy suggested on another thread.  :anger::anger::anger:

• Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Announcement delayed due to events in Manchester. 

Maybe they're going to start cancelling shows, possibly London. 

I think they will postpone a few. I got jumped on in the other thread for mentioning this but when the Paris attacks happened a lot of shows (outside of france) were cancelled due to insurance issues. I don't see why this attack would be any different.

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think they will postpone a few. I got jumped on in the other thread for mentioning this but when the Paris attacks happened a lot of shows (outside of france) were cancelled due to insurance issues. I don't see why this attack would be any different.

I go to a lot of shows at the MEN arena. My daughter has come home today from school telling me all about this terror attack because her friends mum took her older sister to the show last night. None of my family want me to go to the shows in June, so maybe they will. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Announcement delayed due to events in Manchester. 

Maybe they're going to start cancelling shows, possibly London. 

The announcement is now on thursday. I'm unable to smash my head that day. :max:

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I go to a lot of shows at the MEN arena. My daughter has come home today from school telling me all about this terror attack because her friends mum took her older sister to the show last night. None of my family want me to go to the shows in June, so maybe they will. 

This whole situation is just awful. :( The fact that they specifically picked Ariana because there would be children there just makes me feel sick.

I hope your friends are ok?

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

This whole situation is just awful. :( The fact that they specifically picked Ariana because there would be children there just makes me feel sick.

I hope your friends are ok?

They're physically fine, my daughters friend told her she heard her mum and sister crying all night. I still just feel sick, when I think of those young children and their poor parents who were still looking for them today.. it's horrific. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That attack was awful, I've been expecting this to happen for some time now. There's been so many terror attacks in Europe during past year. The biggest problem IMO is, that even if they have good security  procedures before people go in to the venue, it's useless if they don't have them when people come out.  

2 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

That attack was awful, I've been expecting this to happen for some time now. There's been so many terror attacks in Europe during past year. The biggest problem IMO is, that even if they have good security  procedures before people go in to the venue, it's useless if they don't have them when people come out.  

It's almost impossible to protect people once they're outside the venue though. The best they could to is check people as they're leaving but that's not going to stop anybody that's standing on the sidewalk or on the street. Or maybe waiting in the parking garage...

I think the reality is wherever there's a large group of people we have to now accept the fact that there's a risk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

It's almost impossible to protect people once they're outside the venue though. The best they could to is check people as they're leaving but that's not going to stop anybody that's standing on the sidewalk or on the street. Or maybe waiting in the parking garage...

I think the reality is wherever there's a large group of people we have to now accept the fact that there's a risk.

You are right... there's nothing they can do about it. :(

I am going to London this weekend, I booked it ages ago with all of the main attractions included because it's my sons 4th birthday on Friday and that's what my kids wanted to do. I feel just as uneasy about going to these as I do a stadium concert. Wherever there's a crowd, there's a chance they will target it. 

37 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They're physically fine, my daughters friend told her she heard her mum and sister crying all night. I still just feel sick, when I think of those young children and their poor parents who were still looking for them today.. it's horrific. 

:hug:It was an awful attack and I can't even go there in my head thinking about those families who lost someone. 

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is what Jarmo said on nightrain 

IMG_3941.PNG.23c5563aa729f8f8ccb8e845c4645e9d.PNG

Maybe they were going to add a show in Manchester. 

I find the wording of this Jarmo message kinda odd. Don't know.

Off topic:

I've been reading the Lithographs thread and I think I've been doing all things wrong in life. I should have been something like a "Official GNR litho chaser" and make easy money. Going city after city buying maybe 3-4 to resell on ebay. Yeah, I'm an asshole ? but seriously the way people bitch, whine and fight for those is amazing and the amount of money they're willing to pay is unbelievable. 

Random thought of the day. 

Carry on.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

:hug:It was an awful attack and I can't even go there in my head thinking about those families who lost someone. 

I find the wording of this Jarmo message kinda odd. Don't know.

I find  a smiley face in a message which is referring to terrorist attack (where several people died) odd.  

Edited by Fourteenbeers
---
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I find  a smiley face in a message which is referring to terrorist attack (where several people died) odd.  

Yes, a sad face would have made more sense, and I'm sorry but the GnR Manchester tweet, is wrong on so many levels.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The person who runs GnRs social media is a complete twit. 

Well, since GNRs social media is run by Jarmo and/or Fernando (I think), you're spot on with that assessment :rolleyes:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1