Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Yeah but I'm being petty. :P That billboard is at least 5k a month. Probably a lot more since it's on Sunset Blvd. That's a lot of money that could of gone to bringing back a certain guitarist. :D

Well you know Axl, likes to spend lot of money on a lot of useless crap, but doesn't want to pay his friend. Kind of sad it you think about it.:(

Edited by Fourteenbeers

What are you guys talking about? What is Wolfmother and what did this Slash-account do or say about it?

The bit about the anouncement being something bigger makes me sad. What again didn't work out with this band? Izzy said yes, then no? This is driving me crazy even though I would not have traveled to the States. 

52 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

What are you guys talking about? What is Wolfmother and what did this Slash-account do or say about it?

The bit about the anouncement being something bigger makes me sad. What again didn't work out with this band? Izzy said yes, then no? This is driving me crazy even though I would not have traveled to the States. 

Wolfmother is a band and their lead singer sang on By The Sword for Slash's solo album, it was released as a single. 

When Wolfmother opened for GnR at one of the shows, the Slash account posted in the show thread "By The Sword fuckers" then about an hour later Slash came out to play BTS with Wolfmother during their set. 

He didn't do any sound check or anything with them, so who could've known that was going to happen? 

• Like 1

Clowns :facepalm:

They fucked up the Bilbao poster as well. I already explained it to Jen. They put the spanish flag on the logo like this

DA_TVD5XoAAOR1N.jpg

Which you'd think is normal if you are not aware of the political and cultural situation of the Basque Country. A whole lot of the people in there seek independence and don't consider themselves to be spanish (same as Catalonia) so it has caused a bit of drama in there to see the spanish flag by the name of their city. While is technically correct that at the moment, the territory belongs to Spain, I believe they have should at least know the situation of the places where they're going. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Clowns :facepalm:

They fucked up the Bilbao poster as well. I already explained it to Jen. They put the spanish flag on the logo like this

DA_TVD5XoAAOR1N.jpg

Which you'd think is normal if you are not aware of the political and cultural situation of the Basque Country. A whole lot of the people in there seek independence and don't consider themselves to be spanish (same as Catalonia) so it has caused a bit of drama in there to see the spanish flag by the name of their city. While is technically correct that at the moment, the territory belongs to Spain, I believe they have should at least know the situation of the places where they're going. 

I'm probably going to sound like an ignorant American for a second so I apologize :lol: But wouldn't that mean GNR was technically right to use Spanish flag? Isn't it sort of like they used a United States flag instead of a California flag for a LA show? Wouldn't the politically correct thing to do be to use the flag that the territory belongs to? :question:

Edited by Kris_1989

6 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I'm probably going to sound like an ignorant American for a second so I apologize :lol: But wouldn't that mean GNR was technically right to use Spanish flag? Isn't it sort of like they used a United States flag instead of a California flag for a LA show? Wouldn't the politically correct thing to do be to use the flag that the territory belongs to? :question:

Not exactly. The political situation of the Basque country is a very sensitive topic that has caused the death of almost 900 people from the second half of the last century until a couple of years ago when the terrorist band ETA "officially" gave up their guns. And of course, there are many people who support independence but don't agree with the way of terror. But so many people consider the use of the spanish flag in there like a provocation. Again, the band didn't have to know this but I think their PR department  should have done some research given the history is remarkable enough. I hope they are not selling shirts with that logo cause they are not gonna work well in Bilbao. :lol:

• Like 2

These are the people who don't know the Irish flag!! Everyone knows Ireland's flag ffs!!  They don't know that UK is also part of Europe and if you're going to seperate it from Europe at least have the decency to actually play the UK not just England :lol:

Oh and they spelt phenomenal wrong on the London posters too - phenominal LOL!!

Also, one of the lithos had Febuary on it!! :lol:

Theyre idiots!! 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

These are the people who don't know the Irish flag!! Everyone knows Ireland's flag ffs!!  They don't know that UK is also part of Europe and if you're going to seperate it from Europe at least have the decency to actually play the UK not just England :lol:

Oh and they spelt phenomenal wrong on the London posters too - phenominal LOL!!

Also, one of the lithos had Febuary on it!! :lol:

Theyre idiots!! 

Omg that's really bad. :rofl-lol: I blame Melissa. She's part Irish, ya know. :hahafyou:

Hopefully they didn't use the wrong flag on the Bilbao lithos :nervous:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The Bilbao litho is really cool - until you look at the horns on the devil :lol:

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Bilbao Litho's the coolest so far,  Awesome art

I'll have to go check it out later I'm knee deep in 1992 Izzy interviews at the moment. :lol:

@Darkenchantress aren't you a week out till your show now? You better give us a full report when you get back!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I'll have to go check it out later I'm knee deep in 1992 Izzy interviews at the moment. :lol:

@Darkenchantress aren't you a week out till your show now? You better give us a full report when you get back!

2 hours ago, supercool said:

another lithography :img_2015.jpg

On 4/5/2017 at 6:13 PM, supercool said:

17761138_1516624488348379_10824585579826

• Like 1

Spoiler

Trying to finish a paper for Uni, it has to be submitted by midnight, anyone see me on here tonight tell me to get out.

left it to the last minute, I'm hopeless, Izzyness is a very distracting disease ?   Bye

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Not exactly. The political situation of the Basque country is a very sensitive topic that has caused the death of almost 900 people from the second half of the last century until a couple of years ago when the terrorist band ETA "officially" gave up their guns. And of course, there are many people who support independence but don't agree with the way of terror. But so many people consider the use of the spanish flag in there like a provocation. Again, the band didn't have to know this but I think their PR department  should have done some research given the history is remarkable enough. I hope they are not selling shirts with that logo cause they are not gonna work well in Bilbao. :lol:

I'm guessing that ETA and IRA in Northern Ireland lost a lot of their support after September 11th?  

40 minutes ago, Archtop said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Trying to finish a paper for Uni, it has to be submitted by midnight, anyone see me on here tonight tell me to get out.

left it to the last minute, I'm hopeless, Izzyness is a very distracting disease ?   Bye

giphy.gif

52 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I think all most lithos are fugly except the San Diego one. I call it the Little Mermaid on acid and is badass. :headbang:

IMG_0508.jpg

I like this one. I hate the whole metal dude skull evil evil put horns on everything stuff. (Sorry, I know I might be alone with that kinda taste here on this board.) But badass mermaid with Axl's 80ies cap is cool! :lol:

I didn't even know bands did these kind of litho things until now, never saw any before. Normally I don't buy a lot of merchandise though, the only time I did was Axl's band in 2010, I bought a t shirt that said GnR rocks the UK on it :lol: 

I will not be buying a litho, no way am I paying £45 for one. 

6 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Yes! Sunday it is! I still don't know how I feel, I'm having mixed feelings. I'm probably gonna cry when I hear Slash's guitar but I'm gonna feel like I'm betraying Izzy and I'm gonna hate myself. <_<

2 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I'm guessing that ETA and IRA in Northern Ireland lost a lot of their support after September 11th?  

Don't know about IRA but ETA didn't have much support anyway, at least not in a public way.

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I think all most lithos are fugly except the San Diego one. I call it the Little Mermaid on acid and is badass. :headbang:

That's my favorite too! It's simply stunning!

2 hours ago, Archtop said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Awww. You can with this, come on!! :hug: