Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

26 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is that around the time Axl said in an interview he saw Izzy on his security cameras at his house and he just ignored him, pretty sure it was around that time zone :lol:

Yes, it was in Axl's 2000 Rolling Stone interview he said he saw Izzy on his security cameras and ignored him. That must have really hurt. :(  

Wow.. I didn't know about that. :( I knew about TB putting Izzy on the infamous "enemy" list but ignoring him while he's outside Axl's house is pretty cold.

26 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I made me listen to CD one and a half time. I don't know about Izzy but if he had asked me, I'd told him to send it back. 

It's stupidly produced over the top, there's nothing raw rock and roll in it, ok granted Axl didn't want that, he was succesful. I don't find groove in there, I don't like his voice in it nor do I like drums or guitars. Some hooks, riffs and melodies are somewhat good but it's not even half enough for me to start liking it.

Gosh, I know I can be so harsh. Sorry.

Not sorry. :P

I still haven't gotten through the whole thing. :nervous: I keep trying to force myself to listen to it but about halfway through I get bored and tune it out while I'm doing other things. :lol: It's just too many layers for me. :smiley-confused2:

2 minutes ago, Izzyarg said:

oops sorry i share it on my twitter cause i was very excited with the page :smiley-confused2:

Shame on you. :P It's ok, I guess. I have about 8 more interviews to add, two albums worth of lyrics and then I have to finish the 2012 tour section and it'll be pretty much be done. If that bugs people then all they'll need is just a little patience rock4:awesomeface:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Wow.. I didn't know about that. :( I knew about TB putting Izzy on the infamous "enemy" list but ignoring him while he's outside Axl's house is pretty cold.

I still haven't gotten through the whole thing. :nervous: I keep trying to force myself to listen to it but about halfway through I get bored and tune it out while I'm doing other things. :lol: It's just too many layers for me. :smiley-confused2:

Shame on you. :P It's ok, I guess. I have about 8 more interviews to add, two albums worth of lyrics and then I have to finish the 2012 tour section and it'll be pretty much be done. If that bugs people then all they'll need is just a little patience rock4:awesomeface:

well at least a lot of people love the page over here on fb and twitter! when is finished i'll share it again ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Yes, I realise my post makes it sound like he was sat watching his cameras though and I don't think he was, he said his security cameras caught an unannounced visit from Izzy at his gate. It's still kinda the same thing though, he knew Izzy had been round and wanting to see him and he didn't get back to him. We know Izzy didn't give up though and caught him out anyway  at his house :heart:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I realise my post makes it sound like he was sat watching his cameras though and I don't think he was, he said his security cameras caught an unannounced visit from Izzy at his gate. It's still kinda the same thing though, he knew Izzy had been round and wanting to see him and he didn't get back to him. We know Izzy didn't give up though and caught him out anyway  at his house :heart:

I wonder what made Izzy so consistent in trying to stay / getting back to contact Axl? Izzy never struck me as the sentimental type? 

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I made me listen to CD one and a half time. I don't know about Izzy but if he had asked me, I'd told him to send it back. 

Same here. It really shouldn't be hard work listening to music but CD is too much like hard work. I might try again in a few years  weeks, yeah a few weeks :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

So do we think he sent it back or no? :lol: 

I have never listened to Chinese Democracy.  Nor will I ever listen to Chinese Democracy.  I have an inkling that it's no good, but I can't say that definitively.

I will say that it was a beautiful night here in Nashville, and as I drove over to my friend's house, I rolled the windows down and cranked up Izzy's version of "Memphis".  And that is a song that I CAN say - definitively - is OUTSTANDING.:heart:

PS - He totally mailed that shit back.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well They Both are same,  How many times Izzy leaving Axl too :max:

From my understanding Izzy left the band because the they were spiraling out of control (drugs alcohol, Axl starting riots etc.) Izzy was trying to stay off drugs and Axl was trying to turn him into a hired hand. Sure I've read stuff -  like Izzy didn't seem to be interested in being in a band anymore. But I'm guessing  that the reasons I listed above were the the main cause of that.  

He has left Axl several times?  When did this happen? 

PS. every time somebody talks about leaving a band, this is the first thing that comes to my mind :lol:

Edited by Fourteenbeers

43 minutes ago, Frey said:

What's with all the CD hate here? :max:

I mean granted, there are some songs I can't stand on that record, but there's also some pretty amazing stuff on there if you're willing to give it a chance. All in all it's a pretty decent album imo, especially considering what other things pass for music these days.

Axl has talked about having Izzy on his security camera? I thought it was only Izzy who has talked about dropping by Axl's place and no one letting him in.

Either way, childish. Why are all these mofos so pathetic and why am I even a fan of this band.

Maybe not exactly sentimental, but contrary to popular belief (not in this thread obviously but you know what I mean) I do think he feels a sense of responsibility towards various things, including the well-being of his band mates. And you know, he's known Axl since they were children, he knows Axl is a nutball, he kind of watched out for him when they were new in LA... I guess he'll probably keep checking up on him for the rest of his life. It's that big brother/little brother thing @Kris_1989 once mentioned.

Also, I think Izzy is just a caring guy. In interviews, he always came across as genuinly worried about his friends. In the old ones he seemed mostly worried about Slash and Duff, in a more recent (recent by GNR standards...) one he seemed pretty worried about Axl.

So yeah, this whole checking up on Axl thing doesn't really surprise me. He seems to be doing the same with the other guys too.

I don't think that CD is a bad album ( it's "meh"  album for me). I don't think it's Gn'R. It's Axl Rose's solo album with the name Guns n' Roses slapped on it. ( In my mind I refer CD as You snooze - you lose -album - because of Dexter Holland's comments on it: 

GUNS N' ROSES' CHINESE DEMOCRACYSNATCHED BY OFFSPRING

CALIFORNIA PUNKERS DECIDE TO CALL THEIR NEXT ALBUM CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

The Offspring probably didn't get Axl Rose's vote for naming their new album Chinese Democracy.

The Orange County, California, punkers snatched the title from Guns N' Roses' long-awaited and much-delayed album, according to a band spokesperson.

"You snooze you lose," Offspring singer Dexter Holland said in a statement. "Axl ripped off my braids, so I ripped off his album title." :lol:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1470891/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-snatched-by-offspring/

I do agree about Izzy's potential feel of responsibility over Axl  because of their long history together (and obviously he is a caring guy... duh) 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

I mean granted, there are some songs I can't stand on that record, but there's also some pretty amazing stuff on there if you're willing to give it a chance. All in all it's a pretty decent album imo, especially considering what other things pass for music these days.

Axl has talked about having Izzy on his security camera? I thought it was only Izzy who has talked about dropping by Axl's place and no one letting him in.

Either way, childish. Why are all these mofos so pathetic and why am I even a fan of this band.

Maybe not exactly sentimental, but contrary to popular belief (not in this thread obviously but you know what I mean) I do think he feels a sense of responsibility towards various things, including the well-being of his band mates. And you know, he's known Axl since they were children, he knows Axl is a nutball, he kind of watched out for him when they were new in LA... I guess he'll probably keep checking up on him for the rest of his life. It's that big brother/little brother thing @Kris_1989 once mentioned.

Also, I think Izzy is just a caring guy. In interviews, he always came across as genuinly worried about his friends. In the old ones he seemed mostly worried about Slash and Duff, in a more recent (recent by GNR standards...) one he seemed pretty worried about Axl.

So yeah, this whole checking up on Axl thing doesn't really surprise me. He seems to be doing the same with the other guys too.

Keep telling me things like that about Izzy and you make me a happy gal! :awesomeface:

I remember a story that has beem posted here about Izzy sending over a guitar to a guy / former band member / I totally forgot when that guy got frustrated with the music industry. Izzy sent the guitar and the note "Write it down", meaning, write music about it. That always warmed my cold, old heart. :wub: So yeah, I'm more than willing to go say Izzy is caring for his friends and former band mates. Even if it doesn't sound entirely believable to my ears.

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Keep telling me things like that about Izzy and you make me a happy gal! :awesomeface:

I remember a story that has beem posted here about Izzy sending over a guitar to a guy / former band member / I totally forgot when that guy got frustrated with the music industry. Izzy sent the guitar and the note "Write it down", meaning, write music about it. That always warmed my cold, old heart. :wub: So yeah, I'm more than willing to go say Izzy is caring for his friends and former band mates. Even if it doesn't sound entirely believable to my ears.

That wasn't a former band member. It was Taz Bentley who is still in the band. :P

33 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't hate CD, it's just not really my taste. I've tried many times to listen to it with an open mind but I can't get through it no matter how much I try... I hate to bring up the layers thing again, but that's my main issue with it. There's so much going on at once that the songs seem muddled and lifeless at times. Like a bunch of machines playing with no sense of direction. It's just too much. CD has a lot of potential but I think Axl got a little lost without Duff, Izzy & Slash to reel in his ideas. :shrugs:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Frey said:

This sentence sums up my feelings about this band perfectly. Fuckers. Thank you! :lol:

Also, I'm not surprised about Izzy caring for his friends. We've heard stories. Like that one Taz told of the guitar Izzy sent to him, going to that gig of his former Hollywood Rose drummer or the 6 hour ride to Duff's birthday. Just because he wants to be left alone doesn't mean that he doesn't enjoy caring for his people. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

That wasn't a former band member. It was Taz Bentley who is still in the band. :P

I don't hate CD, it's just not really my taste. I've tried many times to listen to it with an open mind but I can't get through it no matter how much I try... I hate to bring up the layers thing again, but that's my main issue with it. There's so much going on at once that the songs seem muddled and lifeless at times. Like a bunch of machines playing with no sense of direction. It's just too much. CD has a lot of potential but I think Axl got a little lost without Duff, Izzy & Slash to reel in his ideas. :shrugs:

Axl's ideas + Izzy's less is more -approach to song writing+ Slash's riffs and solos = GN'R magic 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Oh, that was Taz!! :lol: Nice! Do you remember why Taz got frustrated and what about?

It's funny, I was only starting to get to know all those band constellation, band members and their names a few month ago when I came to this thread really. So sometimes I come back to a story I read some weeks or months ago and I'm like "Oh that was HIM" because the name wouldn't tell me anything back then, forget the name as time goes by, learn something more on the way and then finally I can put 2 and 2 together.  :P

Edited by Tori72

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Oh, that was Taz!! :lol: Nice! Do you remember why Taz got frustrated and what about?

It's funny, I was only starting to get to know all those band constellation, band members and their names a few month ago when I came to this thread really. So sometimes I come back to a story I read some weeks or months ago and I'm like "Oh that was HIM" because the name wouldn't tell me anything back then, I learned something more on the way and then I can put 2 and 2 together.  :P

I think it was because two of the members of his other band The Burden Brothers had left so they were no longer touring or getting as much airplay as they used to get.

Sucks they didn't stay together they were really good. :wacko:

Izzy should get the Ju Ju hounds & the burden brothers back together and go on tour together. That's a reunion tour I could get behind. :headbang:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I don't think that CD is a bad album ( it's "meh"  album for me). I don't think it's Gn'R. It's Axl Rose's solo album with the name Guns n' Roses slapped on it. ( In my mind I refer CD as You snooze - you lose -album - because of Dexter Holland's comments on it: 

GUNS N' ROSES' CHINESE DEMOCRACYSNATCHED BY OFFSPRING

CALIFORNIA PUNKERS DECIDE TO CALL THEIR NEXT ALBUM CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

The Offspring probably didn't get Axl Rose's vote for naming their new album Chinese Democracy.

The Orange County, California, punkers snatched the title from Guns N' Roses' long-awaited and much-delayed album, according to a band spokesperson.

"You snooze you lose," Offspring singer Dexter Holland said in a statement. "Axl ripped off my braids, so I ripped off his album title." :lol:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1470891/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-snatched-by-offspring/

I do agree about Izzy's potential feel of responsibility over Axl  because of their long history together (and obviously he is a caring guy... duh) 

Is He really name it ChiDem too? 

Its not good to name it album with same name

N'did Axl ever said tht He got His braids after see Dexter's:shrugs:

2 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

From my understanding Izzy left the band because the they were spiraling out of control (drugs alcohol, Axl starting riots etc.) Izzy was trying to stay off drugs and Axl was trying to turn him into a hired hand. Sure I've read stuff -  like Izzy didn't seem to be interested in being in a band anymore. But I'm guessing  that the reasons I listed above were the the main cause of that.  

He has left Axl several times?  When did this happen? 

PS. every time somebody talks about leaving a band, this is the first thing that comes to my mind :lol:

Not talking about 91 cause I understand tht

He left Axl in Lafayette , to L. A

From biographies I read

Whenever Axl join His bands He left too for couple of times

Sometimes I feel tht He avoid Axl tho:shrugs:

41 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think it was because two of the members of his other band The Burden Brothers had left so they were no longer touring or getting as much airplay as they used to get.

Sucks they didn't stay together they were really good. :wacko:

Izzy should get the Ju Ju hounds & the burden brothers back together and go on tour together. That's a reunion tour I could get behind. :headbang:

Wow! I love that song, never heard it before. Will dig some more into Burden Brothers then :lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Is He really name it ChiDem too? 

Its not good to name it album with same name

N'did Axl ever said tht He got His braids after see Dexter's:shrugs:

Not talking about 91 cause I understand tht

He left Axl in Lafayette , to L. A

From biographies I read

Whenever Axl join His bands He left too for couple of times

Sometimes I feel tht He avoid Axl tho:shrugs:

The Dexter Holland thing - Dexter was clearly joking - about the braids and the album title.:lol:

About Izzy leaving from Lafayette - I've never had the impression that Izzy and Axl were some kind off  BFF:s during their school years in Indiana. So Izzy leaving could be more about ditching a place he didn't care for, than abandoning a friend. Axl has stated that Izzy used to hate Indiana/Lafayette

What I've read about their early years in LA  - it wasn't unusual that musicians used to play in lots of different bands. Did Izzy leave bands because he was trying to avoid Axl? Who knows.. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

I thought He was serious :lol: 

Axl hate tht place too,  Maybe more than Izzy after hearing His story

Why dont go together after all Izzy left when He graduate high school N' didnt Axl quit school   :shrugs:

Im not saying Izzy leaving bands because He try to avoid Axl

Edited by SerenityScorp