Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

"When the band was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Izzy set up a meeting with Axl at an LA Hotel. He wanted to get an agreement for the original band to play together one last time - do the fuckin' reunion there in that moment and then say 'Thank you, good fuckin' night.' After waiting for two hours for Axl to show, he drove home to Ojai. No-show Axl had made him miserable one more fuckin' time.

Lately i'm trying to love Axl, but this guy makes it difficult :max: i have the impression that he's always trying to do an eternal vendetta to Izzy for something.. when i was younger and watched videos like 14 years or Dust n Bones , while Izzy was singning , i noticed that axl was trying to ruin his part and years later i  found out that izzy said it several times, and it's well known that they used to low his guitar volume on the shows and records, then he played in O2 and had trouble with his sound again... I'm not saying Axl is an asshole cause he cares about Izzy, he cried when Izzy left , it was a big loss in his life, but he has a problem with forgiving and with abandon , in other words he's childish and he has a big proud... i bet he's still resentful about Slash and duff but he needed this reunion thing.

Also Izzy said:

"(Axl) can still be a tyrant, but then he can turn around and be the nicest guy in the world."

So i admire Izzy's patience with him, he knows Axl had a troubled life and still loyal despite Axl's reactions... and that's true Bro Love my friends 

f1a0e110-0fa5-0133-45e1-0a2ca390b447.gif 

Ps : where Axl should be :    43b1de6574eed038a24bfd8c443bf42d508f361a

• Like 2

Here I am, one day away from the show, a little bit excited, not gonna lie but... I just read in another forum a guy with very reliable source saying that he is surprised to see Izzy is not in Europe cause the deal with him was actually made. He doesn't know the conditions or why he isn't there but according to his source he was in for real and doesn't know what happened. :shrugs:

Fuck this shit, I don't really need the drama one day before the show. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jane M. said:

When Izzy left Indiana in 1980 he was supposed to take Axl inside his backpack and didn't do it. :shrugs:

OK,  I've forgotten about that:blink: Then again I've read/heard so many different versions of many Gn'R -stories from different sources, that I can't recall who did what and where anymore.  

Edited by Fourteenbeers

41 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Here I am, one day away from the show, a little bit excited, not gonna lie but... I just read in another forum a guy with very reliable source saying that he is surprised to see Izzy is not in Europe cause the deal with him was actually made. He doesn't know the conditions or why he isn't there but according to his source he was in for real and doesn't know what happened. :shrugs:

If you go to the gig thinking about Izzy, you drive yourself nuts. Try to think more positive or funny things.  When you see Duff, imagine him in that pink beauty pageant princess outfit with tiara - or Axl jumping into the crowd wearing white underpants, fur coat and peaked cap. :lol: (tbh  he took the the cap off  before jumping)

I' ll take it, god damn it!

28ZwwV.gif

I know that when I'm going to the concert, I'm probably going to be complaining too.. it's raining cats and dogs or Axl sounds horrible ( the Lisbon gig made made worried about his voice, it didn't sound good. )

Edited by Fourteenbeers

55 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Oh Jeez, you are killing me with this. WTF happend? Gooood, can't even begin to describe how much I'd love to see Izzy live. Please, Stradlin, come here!

Anyway I hate rumours like this. It pains me. Aaaahhh!

Edited by Tori72

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Oh Jeez, you are killing me with this. WTH happend? Gooood, can't even begin to describe how much I'd love to see Izzy live. Please, Stradlin, come here!

Anyway I hate rumours like this. It pains me. Aaaahhh!

He forgot to bring avocadoes for Everyone so maybe He back to L.A again :smiley-confused2:

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

When Izzy tweets : "I'm in the band again" i will believe it... meanwhile listen to this and enjoy the show! 

• Like 1

I hate this band so much that I love them.

To add onto the Axl/Izzy "drama" discussion above, I've actually had some really good convos with a big Axl fan (who also has a lot of respect for the Iz) over the last couple of days.  Call it an Izzy/Axl summit, if you will, and we were their representatives. :P  

Anyway, we talked about a ton of stuff, but she was saying that she believes that Axl is really torn up about Izzy not being there.  Which I think is possible. I think Axl is probably an emotional disaster deep down.  Not even deep down, actually.  He just is.  Anyway, we went thru all the scenarios - the money, Izzy just wanting to move on, some sort of weird falling out between them - but we just can't fucking figure out why he isn't there.  I really think money was some sort of factor otherwise Izzy wouldn't have tweeted about it.  He just wouldn't have. But WHY was money the issue?  WHY wouldn't he be paid equally when we all know Axl is like srsly obsessively in love with him? :D

Re: the Hall of Fame stuff - correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the RRHOF induction was in Apr 2012.  If there was any bad blood btw them over this, then why did Izzy play with GNR later that year at the Hard Rock???

I guess at the end of the day if the answer is that there is an Izzy/Axl bad blood issue that's causing this .... DEBACLE .... that answer is still left with a question mark.  Because what the hell happened between the Hard Rock performances in 2012 and 2016 that fucked things up?  

Gaaaaaaaaaah. I just don't know what to do!!!!  But I feel like a Backstreet Boys gif may help.

I-Want-It-That-Way-Backstreet-Boys-Gif.g

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

If he's only playing guest spots he wouldn't be at every show so he could still show up. :shrugs: 

2 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

I hate this band so much that I love them.

To add onto the Axl/Izzy "drama" discussion above, I've actually had some really good convos with a big Axl fan (who also has a lot of respect for the Iz) over the last couple of days.  Call it an Izzy/Axl summit, if you will, and we were their representatives. :P  

Anyway, we talked about a ton of stuff, but she was saying that she believes that Axl is really torn up about Izzy not being there.  Which I think is possible. I think Axl is probably an emotional disaster deep down.  Not even deep down, actually.  He just is.  Anyway, we went thru all the scenarios - the money, Izzy just wanting to move on, some sort of weird falling out between them - but we just can't fucking figure out why he isn't there.  I really think money was some sort of factor otherwise Izzy wouldn't have tweeted about it.  He just wouldn't have. But WHY was money the issue?  WHY wouldn't he be paid equally when we all know Axl is like srsly obsessively in love with him? :D

Re: the Hall of Fame stuff - correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the RRHOF induction was in Apr 2012.  If there was any bad blood btw them over this, then why did Izzy play with GNR later that year at the Hard Rock???

I guess at the end of the day if the answer is that there is an Izzy/Axl bad blood issue that's causing this .... DEBACLE .... that answer is still left with a question mark.  Because what the hell happened between the Hard Rock performances in 2012 and 2016 that fucked things up?  

Gaaaaaaaaaah. I just don't know what to do!!!!  But I feel like a Backstreet Boys gif may help.

I really don't think Axl's the one causing the problems. I think it's one of the other two *cough*slash*cough* or TB fucked something up.

I've said it before in this thread but Axl is like a child with his emotions, he can't hide them. If he was pissed at Izzy he would've shown it by now.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

If he's only playing guest spots he wouldn't be at every show so he could still show up. :shrugs: 

I really don't think Axl's the one causing the problems. I think it's one of the other two *cough*slash*cough* or TB fucked something up.

I've said it before in this thread but Axl is like a child with his emotions, he can't hide them. If he was pissed at Izzy he would've shown it by now.

So I have tried to blame this on Slash in other conversations on Twitter (and maybe on here, I can't remember?) and I got ANNIHILATED.  I was afraid for my life.

Like, not really.  But really.

Edited by Cold Jen Time
  • Like 1

Just now, Cold Jen Time said:

So I have tried to blame this on Slash in other conversations on Twitter and I got ANNIHILATED.  I was afraid for my life.

Like, not really.  But really.

lol I've gone rounds with @BorderlineCrazy about it a couple times but at least he's nice with his Slashisgod lifestyle. :lol:

I just remember that one insider on here that said one of them asked for more money last minute and that's what caused the negotiation problems with Izzy. I don't think Axl would be asking for more money... he's already the highest paid so it's not like he needs it. Duff would be stupid to do that because as mean as it is to say he's not selling any extra tickets. So that leaves Slash. The one who just got divorced and may be wanting to replenish the bank. :smiley-confused2:

But regardless of the money thing, looking back on all the crap they've done over the past year, Izzy has plenty of legitimate reasons to not want anything to do with this tour. They've been pretty disrespectful to him and Steven so I can't blame him if that's the case.

• Like 3

Izzy is not on that tour because he wanted equal loot. Equal loot probably means the same money Duff/Slash are making, problem is Izzy is not in the partership. Maybe he wanted back in but 2/3 of that partership said no to that idea. This is more complicated than just a simple disagreement between friends and Izzy seems over and done with all.

That said, I don't think Axl was the problem and I don't think there's currently bad blood between them. Axl seems like a reformed rockstar, I have to admit I'm very surprised. 

• Like 3

As Izzy says "I'm past the point of concern" :lol: right now but it' obvious that if some of the other two wanted more money and they gave it to him it was Slash. I mean, for the general public only Axl and Slash matter, the tour would still be the same without Duff as much as he probably hates to admit it and that's the truth. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

As Izzy says "I'm past the point of concern" :lol: right now but it' obvious that if some of the other two wanted more money and they gave it to him it was Slash. I mean, for the general public only Axl and Slash matter, the tour would still be the same without Duff as much as he probably hates to admit it and that's the truth. 

Truth. 

To the general public.

Absolute truth.

• Like 1