Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

17 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

She went to a show and has been brainwashed. Give her some time to recover. :P

Yeah, she wrote a looong post praising how amazing they were. 

15 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Those assholes totally won me over. I can't function. Forgive me, Stradlin, i love you and I missed you but I cried listening to Patience tonight, omg, im a mess right now. :facepalm:

Oh Christ. They got another one.  The rest of you - save yourselves while you can.

I won't be in the front, so I won't be brainwashed.  (Probably getting tanked up in background) 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Yeah, she wrote a looong post praising how amazing they were. 

I'm a journalist in real life, I write long texts to eat, so when I have to describe something, I go all the way... hazards of the office :P 

21 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Those assholes totally won me over. I can't function. Forgive me, Stradlin, i love you and I missed you but I cried listening to Patience tonight, omg, im a mess right now. :facepalm:

Well, I swear I didn't see that coming :o Can't wait to read this review! @Kris_1989, save yourself, don't go to the show, they will broke you too :nervous:

• Like 1

Just now, dgnr said:

@Kris_1989, save yourself, don't go to the show, they will broke you too :nervous:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Dafuq's wrong with you people? 

If you don't stop I'm gonna wear these at the gig and get arrested:

s-l300.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Oh Fortus. 

I know, I know ... altnation isn't the best source of "news" <_< .... but still.  Can any of you imagine a new album?  No way, right?!  Like ..... no.  Not gonna happen.  

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-planning-new-album-were-assembling-ideas/?utm_campaign=Contact+Quiboat+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=quiboat

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Should I look forward to London? Still feeling a bit 50-50 at the moment. 

YES!!!!!!!!!  It's a fucking amazing show.  Promise!!!

And wear Izzy gear.  Made me feel better about the situation.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

@Kris_1989 How You can change Your site domain?  

Im new to this Wix site

If you go to 'manage site' there should be a section to edit your site name. It wont be completely custom unless you want to pay for that.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nah, it's the same old shit Richard has been saying for years now. I cannot imagine an album from the current lineup, just no. 

What I can imagine is Slash making a solo album and asking Axl to guest on two or three, let him write some lyrics. Get Duff to play bass. Get Izzy and Steven on a few too and some other guests in there as well. I think that would be brilliant :) 

Axl can go and make an album with Angus, someone who can kick his ass and get him working in a reasonable time frame.

Izzy to release more solo work. 

That, for me personally, would make me happier than having Fortus, Frank and Melissa on a GnR album. 

Hear, hear, @MillionsOfSpiders:hug:

• Like 1

I can't with you people, I stay away for a day or two and you blame Slash for everything that goes wrong in the world :lol: You're the one behind this, @Kris_1989 :max:

Now seriosuly, to everyone who think Slash is to blame for Izzy not being back in the band, please explain this tweet to me:

April 8, 2016! Just a week after the first show, Slash and the crazy ginger just starting to work together after a few decades of cold war. Why would Slash wish one of the missing members a happy birthday if he was the one who left him out? And he was the only one of the three to wish him a happy birthday last year, how would Axl and Duff take it knowing that Slash didn't want Izzy back and publicly he's making it look exactly the opposite way? I can't imagine Slash risking his new relationship with Axl in such an absurd way (and come on, you guys know Axl is THAT EASY to upset and Slash knows it even better!).

One more thing, Slash used Izzy's account when there was all that controversy about it being real or fake. How did he know? Did Izzy tell him when Slash called to say he was out? Wasn't he, the dirty one, worried about Izzy looking for Rolling Stone journalists to make an interview back then?

Sorry guys but I'm sticking to my opinion which is; Slash wanted the real band back, couldn't make it happen and had to settle for Axl's band with him and Duff.

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Should I look forward to London? Still feeling a bit 50-50 at the moment. 

Really? How much more proof do you need? :lol:

18 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

So happy to read this!! I'm kinda proud of them as you were one of the toughest to win over :P Really glad you had a wonderful time and the three bastards played Patience for you!! :)

Just hope you won't tell us Fortus was the MVP and he's better than the old one. Please, don't go that far :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I can't with you people, I stay away for a day or two and you blame Slash for everything that goes wrong in the world :lol: You're the one behind this, @Kris_1989 :max:

Now seriosuly, to everyone who think Slash is to blame for Izzy not being back in the band, please explain this tweet to me:

April 8, 2016! Just a week after the first show, Slash and the crazy ginger just starting to work together after a few decades of cold war. Why would Slash wish one of the missing members a happy birthday if he was the one who left him out? 

He was feeling super guilty.

As he should have.

:smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Izzy site tht U using now is paid?

No it's free. That's why it has that wixsite.com url. If I paid for it I'd be able to use just ondowntheroad.com

19 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

giphy.gif

April 8, 2016! Just a week after the first show, Slash and the crazy ginger just starting to work together after a few decades of cold war. Why would Slash wish one of the missing members a happy birthday if he was the one who left him out? And he was the only one of the three to wish him a happy birthday last year, how would Axl and Duff take it knowing that Slash didn't want Izzy back and publicly he's making it look exactly the opposite way? I can't imagine Slash risking his new relationship with Axl in such an absurd way (and come on, you guys know Axl is THAT EASY to upset and Slash knows it even better!).

One more thing, Slash used Izzy's account when there was all that controversy about it being real or fake. How did he know? Did Izzy tell him when Slash called to say he was out? Wasn't he, the dirty one, worried about Izzy looking for Rolling Stone journalists to make an interview back then?

Sorry guys but I'm sticking to my opinion which is; Slash wanted the real band back, couldn't make it happen and had to settle for Axl's band with him and Duff.

Really? How much more proof do you need? :lol:

Maybe it was a guilt induced I'msorryIscrewedyououtofthereunionbuthappybirthday tweet? :awesomeface:

Jokes aside, I hope I'm not coming across as a Slash hater because that's not the case. I loved him in Velvet Revolver, solo and with SMKC and I still think he's an amazing guitarist. Definitely in my top 10 of all time. BUT... I don't see how that somebody asked for more money last minute theory could fit with Duff, Izzy, Steven, or Axl. Granted, that rumor could be 100% bullshit but it's the only rumor that makes sense to me. Why else would everything fall apart all of the sudden??

On top of the money thing, weren't Duff & Izzy in the studio around December '15? So obviously they were still on good terms... and I can't picture Izzy & Axl having any long term feud. Axl cares about Izzy too much for that. So all that leaves is Slash or TB for the issues... :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Kris_1989

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

No it's free. That's why it has that wixsite.com url. If I paid for it I'd be able to use just ondowntheroad.com

Yeah I want to change the address but not have to pay the domain

How could You do tht? I mean, befor Its Izzy, didnt You name it ondowntheroad.wixsite. com

I want to change the name so tht it didnt use My email name but I dont know how,  All I see before is pay to change the domain

3 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Yeah I want to change the address but not have to pay the domain

How could You do tht? I mean, befor Its Izzy, didnt You name it ondowntheroad.wixsite. com

I want to change the name so tht it didnt use My email name but I dont know how,  All I see before is pay to change the domain

Not sure if this link will work but try this: https://www.wix.com/account/settings/?referralInfo=site-home

Then change your username to whatever you want to be before the .wixsite.com That should fix it for you. If the link doesn't work just go to your account settings and change the username there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

He was feeling super guilty.

As he should have.

:smiley-confused2:

If that was the case, he would suck so bad at making ammends :rofl-lol:

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

giphy.gif

Maybe it was a guilt induced I'msorryIscrewedyououtofthereunionbuthappybirthday tweet? :awesomeface:

Jokes aside, I hope I'm not coming across as a Slash hater because that's not the case. I loved him in Velvet Revolver, solo and with SMKC and I still think he's an amazing guitarist. Definitely in my top 10 of all time. BUT... I don't see how that somebody asked for more money last minute theory could fit with Duff, Izzy, Steven, or Axl. Granted, that rumor could be 100% bullshit but it's the only rumor that makes sense to me. Why else would everything fall apart all of the sudden??

On top of the money thing, weren't Duff & Izzy in the studio around December '15? So obviously they were still on good terms then... and I can't picture Izzy & Axl having any long term feud. Axl cares about Izzy too much for that. So all that leaves is Slash or TB for the issues... :smiley-confused2:

The money thing could fit Axl because he wasn't very successful lately, threw away millions with CD and he has to pay so many people (employed musicians and his massive entourage).I totally believe the rumor was utter bullshit, though, like when Jim Florentine claimed Duff was loaning money to Slash. I got from a source I trust 200% that not only that was complete non-sense but also Duff jumped at the guy for saying those stupid things.

The Duff-Izzy thing is really weird to me too. I though Duff would make sure Izzy was there no matter what but that wasn't the case. But don't you think he would resent Slash if he left his best buddy out? Yet, Duff (and his whole family) love Slash and they're closer than ever.

And I don't believe there's a feud between Axl and Izzy but I do believe what Izzy wanted the band to do was completely different from Axl's idea and that could be the biggest thing. Probably Axl wasn't willing to let Steven (and maybe Izzy) back in full time and get rid of Richard and Frank. Pitman was always in and once he screwed up, they got Melissa, that seems to mean that CD songs were always intended to be played, was Izzy going to do it instead of Richard? Did he want to? Izzy probably wanted to make new music, how many new songs did we get from this band so far? Izzy and Axl might be in good terms with each other but that doesn't mean they don't disagree on everything regarding GNR. I can only think of one thing that Izzy and Axl must agree on and that's the "no press" policy :P

Also, if the rumor said someone asked for more money "last minute", what does last minute mean? Because Slash and Duff talked to Steven in january and the three of them started rehearsing without anybody else, so at what point was Izzy in and then things changed? I just can't see it. If there was any truth to that "last minute" rumor, it should be for guest appearances but I still believe it was another lie. I mean, Steven spoke about everything earlier this year and he mentioned Izzy "wanted to do it the right way" and all that but he never said Izzy was actually in at some point and knowing Steven, I don't think it was because there were some things he shouldn't talk about, that's not how he works :lol:

I don't think you're a Slash hater at all, though.

• Like 2

The money thing could fit Axl because he wasn't very successful lately, threw away millions with CD and he has to pay so many people (employed musicians and his massive entourage).

But Axl toured pretty consistently with NuGNR after CD was released so I don't think he would've been hurting that much financially. And he had to of known a massive check was coming his way with Slash back in the fold. So I still can't picture him asking for more money than 50% (if that's what he's getting).

4 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I totally believe the rumor was utter bullshit, though, like when Jim Florentine claimed Duff was loaning money to Slash. I got from a source I trust 200% that not only that was complete non-sense but also Duff jumped at the guy for saying those stupid things.

That whole Jim Florentine shit was so weird. Obviously Slash took a major hit with Perla but to automatically assume he's broke and borrowing money from Duff is a pretty crazy leap to make.

The Duff-Izzy thing is really weird to me too. I though Duff would make sure Izzy was there no matter what but that wasn't the case. But don't you think he would resent Slash if he left his best buddy out? Yet, Duff (and his whole family) love Slash and they're closer than ever.

No because I think Duff is the type of guy that doesn't pick sides and tries to mend fences from the inside if makes sense. I know he's never taken credit for it but I don't doubt for one second that it was Duff that put the bug in Axl's ear to call Slash. Everyone and their mother has tried to claim responsibility for NITL but I think we all know it started with Duff's help.

And I don't believe there's a feud between Axl and Izzy but I do believe what Izzy wanted the band to do was completely different from Axl's idea and that could be the biggest thing. Probably Axl wasn't willing to let Steven (and maybe Izzy) back in full time and get rid of Richard and Frank. Pitman was always in and once he screwed up, they got Melissa, that seems to mean that CD songs were always intended to be played, was Izzy going to do it instead of Richard? Did he want to? Izzy probably wanted to make new music, how many new songs did we get from this band so far? Izzy and Axl might be in good terms with each other but that doesn't mean they don't disagree on everything regarding GNR. I can only think of one thing that Izzy and Axl must agree on and that's the "no press" policy :P

Also, if the rumor said someone asked for more money "last minute", what does last minute mean? Because Slash and Duff talked to Steven in january and the three of them started rehearsing without anybody else, so at what point was Izzy in and then things changed? I just can't see it. If there was any truth to that "last minute" rumor, it should be for guest appearances but I still believe it was another lie. I mean, Steven spoke about everything earlier this year and he mentioned Izzy "wanted to do it the right way" and all that but he never said Izzy was actually in at some point and knowing Steven, I don't think it was because there were some things he shouldn't talk about, that's not how he works :lol:

I think you might be on to something with this. Maybe it really doesn't have anything to do with money (although that's what Izzy's bullshit tweet alluded to) Maybe it really just comes down to Izzy wanting AFD5 or nothing and Axl not willing to budge and let go of the transplants. Maybe Axl was worried how this tour would go with Slash? Maybe he was worried that Duff & Slash would quit on him and if he had given up the hired hands for Izzy & Steven he'd be left with nothing? If you look at it that way, it is a bit of a risk for Axl to take. He'd be giving up complete control and that's not something I could see Axl ever doing. No matter how much the guy has mellowed out I think he needs some sense of control to tour.

I don't think Eddie Money is a liar though and he's the one that said Izzy was in for Vegas (and I think Coachella?). That guys been right about everything he's said except for that so I think it's safe to assume that Izzy was in at some point?

Why don't you ask your source what happened so we can stop speculating? :lol: (kidding)

• Like 1

I can't see Izzy expecting to just go straight into being the AFD5 again and tour like they are doing whilst making an album. It's just not realistic, he must know this, like we all do.

Axl and Adler, on a tour of this magnitude, making an album as they go?? :lol: 

I like Steven, but I don't always believe what he says and I don't believe Izzy would tell him much at all. I personally don't think Izzy would have a problem with Fortus or Frank being there, I don't see him being like that, I really don't. I feel like he's a respectful guy and he was when he played with them before and I don't think he'd begrudge them some kind of role and he knows they're important to Axl. That's just my take on it, though. 

And @Kris_1989 I think it always comes down to control with Axl. He will be clinging to that 50%, you can bet he is, he won't give any of that up to anyone. Sadly. A shame because I think he could trust Izzy more than the other two :ph34r:

• Like 4