Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The NO! gang eh? Well, well, well, well, well, well, well, welly well...well.

Made me think of this for some reason. Someone should edit GNR's faces onto theirs lol.

That was some creepy ass film. Don't want to see it again.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

It is pretty intense and obviously miserable/dark subject matter. But when I was a kid my mum hyped it up so much as this awful, awful scarring experience so when I finally saw it I honestly didn't find it too bad.

A much more harrowing film in my opinion is Requiem For A Dream. It is relentless. I was so upset after seeing it I actually watched it a second time just to try and numb myself lol.

I've seen Requiem once. Really well made and the acting is brilliant. For me it felt more sad and hopeless than creepy tbh.

When it comes to Kubrick's films Dr. Strangelove and 2001 Space Odyssey are the one's that I really like. 

@Cold Jen Time books usually are better than films. 

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah it wasn't creepy just as you say very, very sad and hopeless.

I'm a biiiig fan of Kubrick. Strangelove and 2001 are brilliant, all of his films are but I think my favourite is possibly Eyes Wide Shut. What did you think of 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Haven't seen it actually. But this is the best line  from Strangelove:

quote-gentlemen-you-can-t-fight-in-here-

We are really derailing this thread.. 

Just now, Cold Jen Time said:

I'm waiting for 2017:  The Year We Make Contact .... with Stradlin. :suspicious:

What kind of contact are we talking about?;)

56 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Today is my lucky day! :dance:I called ticketmaster to see if they had any seats closer and the guy helping me was a massive GNR fan, he used his managers code to override some locked tickets and exchanged my ticket from section H row 12 to Section E row 4 on Slash's side! This is why I love GNR fans. We've always got each others backs. :lol: Bring on the Slash drool! :headbang:

giphy.gif

Hope Izzy doesn't show up or I'll be on the wrong side. :rofl-lol:

Dang, that is awesome girl! rock3

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Dang, that is awesome girl! rock3

I'm pretty stoked. If I come back from my show saying Slash is a god we get to blame that guy for putting me up close. :rofl-lol:

----

@SerenityScorp look what got here today :D

vLCRuTq.png

11 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Welcome to the dark side :) Hopefully this will put an end to your crazy idea of selling your ticket. After @Darkenchantress review, I'm even more confident that you'll have a wonderful time. You don't get to see the king of the six strings playing some of the most brilliant masterpieces (many of them written by a legendary farmer :heart:) everyday!

I'm actually really excited now and I already feel like a traitor. :lol:@Darkenchantress & @dgnr's reviews made me want to keep my ticket so hopefully I'll have as good of a time as they did. But Izzy is still the only true guitar god in my eyes. Sorry not sorry. :D

----

Off topic but do you guys think I should film the show or periscope it? I've got my Queen & Cheap Trick shows coming up so they can be my test shows to see if periscope works on my phone or not. :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Y'all, I think I've hit my limit and can say that - at this point - I honestly do not fucking care if he ever gets back on stage with any of those guys. Is that wrong?!  :nervous: I don't mean to sound like an asshole and I certainly understand why ppl do want him back with GNR, so I'm not discounting those feelings at all.  Believe me, I COMPLETELY understand.  But from the outside looking in, he has more integrity and more class than any of them.  And I don't even want him on the same stage as the Pokémon.  This just isn't a band that I can see Izzy wanting to be a part of.

I loved the NITL show I saw, I am so glad I went, and I don't have any regrets. Truly amazing.  But right now I would just like some more music from Izzy.  And a solo tour.  A solo tour would be nice.  

1) This could be the perfect time for Izzy to decide to catch up with us ... i will use my telepathy to call him: * you have to read this Izzy, connecting with izzy stradlin, ommmm ♪ please read this *

2) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest , one of my favs by Kubrick. Is good to know some people in here likes Queen , Kubrick, Avocados, Guitars , etcetera :wub:

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 2:05 PM, Cold Jen Time said:

Might I suggest a picture of me?  

:smiley-confused2:

Seriously, @Kris_1989, the site is so insanely amazing.  Kudos, girl.  I can't wait to share it and tell the world what you've created!!!!!  I also messaged Nick and told him thanks for the help.  He's a good egg, not a bad apple. :rofl-lol:

You're too kind!

• Like 1

@Darkenchantress Oh, thanks so much for that review. It makes me very emotional and also nervous. :facepalm:

I am way more excited than you before the show but now I get anxious if I'd enjoy it as much as you guys?! I don't know if I can find as many emotions inside of me as you, @dgnr and @money honey. It's today in a week and I'm starting to wonder if I like Guns n Roses at all. Do I really like enough songs to enjoy myself on a concert? What if I'll only hear Mickey and get frustrated over it. I will find Slash's drooling disgusting, I know it and maybe won't care less for that ageing giraffe wandering the stage.

Aaargh!!! I know I'm wierd.

I get what you're saying @Cold Jen Time. I don't think it's a band Izzy would want to join and I would be more than bloody happy if he'd keep on putting out more music and start playing on fucking stages again. Man... But reportedly he wanted a reunion and was all in for it. That is what kept my hopes up that he might be turning up at least for Europe. There is still a tiny place in my heart that hopes for Munich. And I know how ridiculous that is... I hope I can enjoy the show nevertheless. Well, if there's not too much Mickey or Slash-drool flying around. :nervous:

6 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

All though my last post was not very positive, I have to add: @Darkenchantress and @dgnr your experiences have made me really want to go to see the show.  Check my brain cells at the door (both of them) and just have fun.rock3

Hahaha. Glad it helped, you're gonna have a great time for sure.

6 hours ago, dgnr said:

I was waiting for this all day long :P I'm so glad you had such a great time! You even called them 'the holy trinity. Shit. What have they done to you? :o haha And c'mon now, make @BorderlineCrazy happy and say with all words that Slash is god :smiley-confused2:

And btw did you wear the 'Where's Izzy' shirt?

Not gonna say a word but if Slash isn't God he surely looks a lot like him. :lol:

And yeah! I wore this one and people loved it!

yuLfKbo.jpg

6 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

Y'all, I think I've hit my limit and can say that - at this point - I honestly do not fucking care if he ever gets back on stage with any of those guys. Is that wrong?!  :nervous: I don't mean to sound like an asshole and I certainly understand why ppl do want him back with GNR, so I'm not discounting those feelings at all.  Believe me, I COMPLETELY understand.  But from the outside looking in, he has more integrity and more class than any of them.  And I don't even want him on the same stage as the Pokémon.  This just isn't a band that I can see Izzy wanting to be a part of.

I loved the NITL show I saw, I am so glad I went, and I don't have any regrets. Truly amazing.  But right now I would just like some more music from Izzy.  And a solo tour.  A solo tour would be nice.  

Yep, this. The fact that i went to the show and enjoyed it and (stupid me!) was actually hoping for Izzy to show up, doesn't mean I can't agree with what you said. I would love to see him up there where he belongs but not at any cost, least at the cost of his integrity. On Sunday when they showed Pokemon on the screen I was thinking the same, there's no way in hell Izzy would join a band like this. Now I can say it, she is useless. She is probably talented but she adds nothing to the band, nothing, and her backing vocals on some songs are annoying as fuck, Duff's (and i think Dizzy does some too) are more than enough. Also, she dances and jumps weirdly probably following the rhythm of her planet cause she surely wasn't following the rhythm of the songs. :facepalm: I ignored her for pretty much the whole show but some things you just can't ignore. Like that drummer messing the tempo every fucking time, gosh, he is bad. I strongly recommend to anyone going to the shows not watching the Ritz show or any video involving Matt Sorum playing YCBM, cause the way that guy plays some songs is just painful to hear. :lol: I know I'm turning this post into a review of the hired hands but well, it has to be done I guess. So, I choose you, Richard Lortus. Let me say first that the guy is an outstanding guitar player, he's probably technically better than Slash and of course, he is a better guitar player than Izzy but... NO. No matter how hard he tries, no matter how much he moves, the spot he is trying to fill is way TOO big for him. He has zero charisma on stage no matter how hard he punches his guitar (?????). 

So, no, I also don't see Izzy joining this band simply cause I think this band is the opposite music means to him. But damn, I can't help but think that the world is missing his big talent. 

6 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I'm glad you had fun @Darkenchantress don't tell @BorderlineCrazy that Slash is a god. We'll never hear the end of it if you do. :D

Oh fuck, i think I did! Hahaha :ph34r: I just saw you got better seats! That's great!! You're gonna enjoy it too, you'll see!

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

The NO! gang eh? Well, well, well, well, well, well, well, welly well...well.

Made me think of this for some reason. Someone should edit GNR's faces onto theirs lol.

Favorite movie of all time! Welcome to our happy place!

5 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

I'm waiting for 2017:  The Year We Make Contact .... with Stradlin. :suspicious:

PLEASE.

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Wow, this was an awesome review!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

These last few months my excitement for the band had worn off significantly with the lack of certain members, new music and after seeing them live three times last year. They'll be playing again here in October with The Who and I never considered not going but I wasn't feeling it like last year when I was basically living everyday just thinking of getting to the days of the shows like nothing else mattered. Now @dgnr's review as well as your got me so excited again. You both made me relive those amazing feelings that I felt during those gigs and now I can't wait!! Thanks! ^_^

Glad it helped. I'm the most surprised about how much i enjoyed it but well, sometimes shit happens! :lol: Slash is God.

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

@Darkenchantress Oh, thanks so much for that review. It makes me very emotional and also nervous. :facepalm:

I am way more excited than you before the show but now I get anxious if I'd enjoy it as much as you guys?! I don't know if I can find as many emotions inside of me as you, @dgnr and @money honey. It's today in a week and I'm starting to wonder if I like Guns n Roses at all. Do I really like enough songs to enjoy myself on a concert? What if I'll only hear Mickey and get frustrated over it. I will find Slash's drooling disgusting, I know it and maybe won't care less for that ageing giraffe wandering the stage.

Aaargh!!! I know I'm wierd.

I get what you're saying @Cold Jen Time. I don't think it's a band Izzy would want to join and I would be more than bloody happy if he'd keep on putting out more music and start playing on fucking stages again. Man... But reportedly he wanted a reunion and was all in for it. That is what kept my hopes up that he might be turning up at least for Europe. There is still a tiny place in my heart that hopes for Munich. And I know how ridiculous that is... I hope I can enjoy the show nevertheless. Well, if there's not too much Mickey or Slash-drool flying around. :nervous:

You are gonna have a great time, believe me! Especially if it's your first time as it was mine. I know I have talked in this very post about how much the drummer messes the tempo or how ridiculous Pokemon is but you won't care about those things while you are there. You won't mind Slash drooling, it just shows how much he is into his guitar playing he doesn't care about anything else, or Mickey, as long as Axl keeps singing those songs you love and IZZY helped to write or wrote himself. Keep that in mind, a part of him is still there as long as they play his songs. Seriously, it's gonna be good. :hug:

• Like 1

Just now, Tori72 said:

And just on a sidenote. I hope Slash didn't relapse, I really do. 

I've heard rumors but they weren't from anybody I'd trust so I think he's fine. If he had there would be warning signs by now. :shrugs: