Velvet Revolver with Lzzy Hale?

aksel

If Guns n Roses ever has any downtime what would you guys think about reuniting Velvet Revolver with Lzzy Hale on vocals? Or some other project with Slash, Duff and Lzzy.

I just think her voice is the next best thing if you cant have Axl singing over Slash's guitar.

Here is a video of her and Slash playing "Out to get me"

Should've ended it with "So you can lick me". Powerful performance, much better than I expected but no, not what I would wish Slash and Duff to do during GNR downtime. Ideally for me would be to bring back the Neurotic Outsiders and recruit Slash, surely to never gonna happen but one can dream right. 

This would suit me fine, as I got bored quickly of Halestorm's music (but love Lzzy as a performer). Tbh I've never really liked the lyrics/vocals of Out Ta Get Me, but that was a nice change. Lzzy suits GN'R. 

VR were a terribly short-lived band who wrote some good music and gave stellar performances during what was a commercially hard time for rock/metal music. I'm concerned this will be forgotten in rock history, when compared to GN'R, or the memory of Scott never winning the battle against his addiction. I don't think there's a place for Lzzy in VR (they had an opportunity to hire a female singer first time round, but didn't as Slash said that she would become a band girlfriend). 

• Like 2

I think Halestorm's songs are pretty shitty but Lzzy is indeed an unbelievable singer.

It would be cool to see her doing something with Slash and Duff but not VR. To me the band died with Scott, I don't ever wanna see the Velvet Revolver name being used again.

Also, if Slash and Duff were to do something else together, I wish they'd finally get it right and choose Steven over Matt.

On 14/02/2017 at 5:56 PM, ZoSoRose said:

The Velvet Revolver name should never be revived. It would be asinine at this point. Its been almost 10 years, Scott is dead, and GNR reunited.

Agreed. Scott is irreplaceable. They tried to replace Scott and never could. 

I would still like to hear their work with Corey Taylor 

• 1 month later...