Axl and Kid Rock no longer friends...

HowlinWolf

Not sure if this was posted (I tried to search) but I was watching Hoppus with Kid Rock On Demand last night and Hoppus brought up Axl..

It went SOMETHING like this..

So I hear you are friends with Axl Rose?

KR.. I don't think we are friends anymore, I think Axl is mad at me..

Why?

KR.. Because I did a record with Slash.. Whatever man, Slash has always been good to me, Axl has always been good to me.. My name is Paul and that is between you all..

Then he said Axl was fun to hang out with and was an Epic partier too...

That was the jist of it...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda childish yet unsurprising of Axl if true...

For the record, though I hate the music he's been doing for the last five years, I think Kid Rock is a great musician and I like everything from the Polyfuze Method, Early Morning Stoned Pimp to the self titled album ( Devil Without a Cause being my favourite ).

Pimp rock was fun while it lasted.

Guest Len B'stard

I think it's a load of bullshit. Axls alright with Duff and Duff is one of Slashs best mates. Also, Kid Rocks music is a pile of shit. Also he says i don't 'think' Axl and me are friends anymore, sounds like a presumption.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

i would hardly call Axl and Duff tight.

Nor would i, i just said he's alright with him despite his being Slash's friend so...y'know, why would he get the hump with Kid Rock about being on one song with Slash when he's perfectly alright with someone whoose done two albums and toured the world with him and is a good mate of his by all accounts?

Nor would i, i just said he's alright with him despite his being Slash's friend so...y'know, why would he get the hump with Kid Rock about being on one song with Slash when he's perfectly alright with someone whoose done two albums and toured the world with him and is a good mate of his by all accounts?

I agree with you. (Gasp)

Duff said on That Metal Show that they were just joking around and having a good time like they used too. That along with the fact they played a few songs together doesn't mean they are BFF's but they are definitely in some sort of friendship.

I never heard anything about Axl getting mad at Baz for trying to join Velvet Revolver. Did anyone else?

No. He tried out for VR several years before 06'. In 06' Axl contacted Baz, and with all they touring the did, and Eddie Trunk's show, Axl appearing on Angel Down, Baz appearing on CD, etc..I think it's safe to say that Axl wasn't mad at Baz.

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

Yeah, I have to agree. He's cool with Duff who is in a band with Slash, yet he's mad at Kid Rock who made one song with Slash? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Ali

Not sure if this was posted (I tried to search) but I was watching Hoppus with Kid Rock On Demand last night and Hoppus brought up Axl..

It went SOMETHING like this..

So I hear you are friends with Axl Rose?

KR.. I don't think we are friends anymore, I think Axl is mad at me..

Why?

KR.. Because I did a record with Slash.. Whatever man, Slash has always been good to me, Axl has always been good to me.. My name is Paul and that is between you all..

Then he said Axl was fun to hang out with and was an Epic partier too...

That was the jist of it...

Unless Axl says otherwise, I guess the friendship is still on, not that it appears to be much of a friendship.

SLASH - I Hold On (Kid Rock)

One of the best tracks on the album - it really a genuinely great song :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_n3662vgJw

Kid Rock made a presumption based on bullshit. imo.... Nothing more to it.

I wouldn't say that. If there is more to this story I doubt he would tell it. It didn't seem like he was looking bad mouth either one of his heroes.

Really? I don't know either of them well enough to determine if they are good friends or not.

Well next time the both are over for kebobs, you're welcome to join us.

BYOB though.

Really? I don't know either of them well enough to determine if they are good friends or not.

Oh shit you didn't know Sunny knows everything :shrugs:

..and what I don't know isn't important.

I hope they're friends. Kid Rock is great musician and an even better person.. He's smart businessman but without ripping off his fan base. If you've never seen him life, his shows are killer. I have taken several friends to see him who were skeptical or flat-out hated his music prior to the show. Each of them left with a new opinion and respect for his work and performance ability. He works out deals with his promoters to keep ticket prices reasonable so even the least wealthy of his core fan base can go see him live.

Rock N' Roll Jesus and Born Free are both solid albums with mostly a straight-forward southern rock feel, They're not for everyone, but his lyrics have gotten much better, and it's obvious that he and his band have put a great deal of work in to each one. He continues to play his old material live and seems to make it all flow nicely even though there seems to be a drastic contrast between his old and new work.

I've come to respect him even more recently after I learned about his efforts to make Detroit a better place (which seems impossible to do, IMO). He's a privileged guy who relates to regular people and he does his part to try to help his hometown people to succeed. Many celebrities have established charities, but I respect Kid Rock because his motivation seems authentic. Yes, it may seem to some that he's being as someone put it earlier a "media whore", but clearly trying to bring awareness to the problems Detroit faces. You can't fault him for that.

He's a media whoring no-talent redneck douche

Alot of things can be said about Kid Rock, but saying he has "no talent" is not one of them.

He plays He plays the guitar, keyboards/piano, turntables, and drums at every show, and is above average at all of them.

He has managed to succeed in so many different genres and continually reinvent himself.

It is fine not to like his music, but he is a heck of a musician in that he can actually play everything on stage, sing, and perform. To try and say that somehow that equates to being talentless is completely clueless.

He's a media whoring no-talent redneck douche

Alot of things can be said about Kid Rock, but saying he has "no talent" is not one of them.

He plays He plays the guitar, keyboards/piano, turntables, and drums at every show, and is above average at all of them.

He has managed to succeed in so many different genres and continually reinvent himself.

It is fine not to like his music, but he is a heck of a musician in that he can actually play everything on stage, sing, and perform. To try and say that somehow that equates to being talentless is completely clueless.

Agreed

some people call that "selling out"

..not saying kid did... just funny how when one artist contiously trys to reinvent himself to say fresh, relevant and to make a little dough, we respect him (kid) and when another does (slash) we call him a sell out and a poser..

not picking on anyone in particular, just saying...

Edited by SunnyDRE

some people call that "selling out"

..not saying kid did... just funny how when one artist contiously trys to reinvent himself to say fresh, relevant and to make a little dough, we respect him (kid) and when another does (slash) we call him a sell out and a poser..

not picking on anyone in particular, just saying...

I am not calling Slash a sell out, I am a fan. But when did he reinvent himself? One thing I like abour him, you know what you get.