Could the problem be that Axl doesn't creatively click with this lineup?

Could the label legally hold the final "album" under hostage unless Axl released it with a specific group of musicians who weren't in the band? Especially if those musicians were under contract to another label. That seems like it would be a huge legal conflict. If Slash owes his label three more albums - and they refuse to let him record for another label.........then interscope would be holding Axl to an impossible situation.

If they could do it - then Axl could do the same thing.

"Sorry Interscope, I don't have an album for you in 2014. But, I've formed another band called Axl's Erupting Volcano and we will be releasing an album with another label in 2014."

If Axl can't do that, then Slash/Duff/Sorum can't do it either. So Axl couldn't reunite this year even if everybody wanted to, because everybody still owes their respective labels music.

Yes? No?

new is a very tenuous term.

post new

I would guess we are looking at a 00s influenced album from this line up in 2020.

Could the label legally hold the final "album" under hostage unless Axl released it with a specific group of musicians who weren't in the band? Especially if those musicians were under contract to another label. That seems like it would be a huge legal conflict. If Slash owes his label three more albums - and they refuse to let him record for another label.........then interscope would be holding Axl to an impossible situation.

"Sorry Interscope, I don't have an album for you in 2014. But, I've formed another band called Axl's Erupting Volcano and we will be releasing an album with another label in 2014."

If Axl can't do that, then Slash/Duff/Sorum can't do it either. So Axl couldn't reunite this year even if everybody wanted to, because everybody still owes their respective labels music.

Yes? No?

There would surely be a lot of legal wrangling. Maybe forming a third partnership or old members like Slash joining Axl's GNR. Someone somewhere would have to swallow a lot of shit. Or start over in some way. You would think that interscope would have something to say about who releases that album yes, with Axl owing records, if he does.

But first they have want to do it, make up, stop calling each other names, maybe do a tour to clear the air, see if Adler survives etc.

new is a very tenuous term.

post new

I would guess we are looking at a 00s influenced album from this line up in 2020.

Yes? No?

There would surely be a lot of legal wrangling. Maybe forming a third partnership or old members like Slash joining Axl's GNR. Someone somewhere would have to swallow a lot of shit. Or start over in some way. You would think that interscope would have something to say about who releases that album yes, with Axl owing records, if he does.

But first they have want to do it, make up, stop calling each other names, maybe do a tour to clear the air, see if Adler survives etc.

ya, that's my point or question.

It wouldn't just be interscope's call.

If Slash and Duff still owe their labels new music, could they join another band release albums on another label?

It just doesn't seem like Interscope could legally keep Axl from releasing a record in hopes of a reunion. There has to be labor laws that prevent that from happening. And has much as Axl loves to sue people, surely he would have done so if this was the actual case.

Yes? No?

Since CD was released Axl has said he wanted another album soon. In interviews he has said he hates the industry these days. Manament only said they are working on it. The thing is it´s been 5 years since CD and we never heard any kind of explanation from the GN´R camp. We keep getting tours and nothing about the album nor new songs being played live so far. The thing is we don´t know. And I think that instead of getting an announcement to announce information the camp should issue a statement with an update about the album. Unless Axl would update us during the current tour. What are the odds? Besides it is something he has done before and ended up in nothing. So if the record company wants a reunion, if Axl doesn´t feel like making a new album or if the record company doesn´t give a fuck about GN´R old and new the camp must tell us the truth. Now if a lot of people revolt because they don´t like the truth that´s another story. But in my case I´m fine with the truth whatever it is.

Axl just needs to get his head out of his ass and look around to see his megalomaniac plans for album releases will never come to fruition simply because the general public doesn't give a shit about nuGnR, only classic GnR. That being said, if he wants to release a second nuGnR album, it could easily be done with very little costs and expenses. A digital-only release would be ridiculously cheap for GnR and the label and it would buy them a reason to tour for 4 more years or so.