GNR and NIN will be touring SA at the same time... Will Axl call Robin?

It should be Izzy. It would help Axl to have sold out shows. Besides 2 original members better than one

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this isn't the United States: Axl doesn't need Izzy in South America to put up big numbers.

But hey, if fantasizing about semi-reunions floats your boat, by all means, have at it.

If and when old members join GnR on stage, I'll dig it and enjoy it, as I have in the past. But constantly bringing up the old band and/or old members is quite frankly frivolous. I'm not anti-old-members, I just listen to what Axl says about such things. That's all.

Besides, I have no doubts Robin has a lot more supporters (that gives a lot of fucks) than some current members.

You're right, man. I don't know what I was thinking. Robin was an integral part of the band's history, plus he contributed to some of the classic Chinese Democracy songs that are adored by so many these days. To have more supporters than some of the members that Axl currently employs in 2014 speaks volumes about the talent that this man must possess. (check his signature, guys ... will help to explain a few things)

Edited by Kush

This would be amazing, although I can't see it happening when Robin is in NIN mode. But let's hope so...

The next time Robin plays with Guns, he needs to play This I Love and make DJ look like an amateur. I can imagine him rocking it with all the high notes, and DJ looking terrified backstage. lol

It sucks that Robin only joined the band for Better. Clearly Axl didn't want to anybody to see that he's infinitely more interesting than Dj.

• Like 1

Robin isn't in NIN anymore, is he?

He is. Caught the Boston show last October--amazing.

I would love a GN'R/NIN tour, it's just not going to happen. Not ever.

Not ever, again. I am pretty sure NIN opened for GnR in the early 90s.

Trent considers every aspect of a Tour. From production, right down to openers. All of it has to fit a mental image. There is no way he'd be open to touring with a band like modern day GNR.

It might have been possible when GNR reinvented itself 1999-2002. Or if they hadn't recruited so many NIN personnel.

At what point would it make sense for this to happen?

The Florianópolis show is the same day NIN is in Buenos Aires. Unless I'm reading something wrong that's 20 hours away according to Google maps. And NIN will be playing in Bogota when GN'R are playing in Porto Alegre. That's... not even remotely close.

Where's this show where they're allegedly in the same city on the same day?

Even if they were, no way would this happen considering NIN's itinerary.

There is no way he'd be open to touring with a band like modern day GNR.

He opened for a much less relevant, albeit reunited Jane's Addiction a few years back.

Although, he likely holds that band in higher esteem than Axl's.

There is no way he'd be open to touring with a band like modern day GNR.

He opened for a much less relevant, albeit reunited Jane's Addiction a few years back.

Although, he likely holds that band in higher esteem than Axl's.

When NIN first started out they opened for Jane's Addiction, so the idea was to retire NIN the same way it started...it was only after the NIN/JA tour that he felt NIN deserved a proper send off.