What songs from the "classic era" do you think any version of nuguns does better than the classic guys?

Its definetly better setlist now than it was back then, and longer.

Neither of those statements are correct.

Well the first is a matter of opinion and the second is correct even if you remove all the solo spots its still a longer show

If you remove the solo spots and pointless jams, you've got like 45 minutes of music.

• Like 2

^^ What a load of bull.

This is an average New Guns set, even taking out all the solo spots and jams, you've got about 110 minutes of GNR songs:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Estranged

Better

Rocket Queen

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

Live and Let Die

This I Love

Used to Love Her

Motivation

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

Catcher in the Rye

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2

November Rain

Objectify

Don't Cry

Don't Let It Bring You Down

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Jam

Patience

The Seeker

Paradise City

Edited by Towelie

Note for note the current line-up are vastly superior to old GNR. But musically speaking there is something extremely powerful about a band playing their own songs. It's really frustrating that newer GNRs haven't had more opportunity to play their songs, because then you get moments like this:

^^ What a load of bull.

This is an average New Guns set, even taking out all the solo spots and jams, you've got about 110 minutes of GNR songs:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Estranged

Better

Rocket Queen

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

Live and Let Die

This I Love

Used to Love Her

Motivation

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

Catcher in the Rye

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2

November Rain

Objectify

Don't Cry

Don't Let It Bring You Down

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Jam

Patience

The Seeker

Paradise City

moreblack and his friends always make up these fallacies.

So do you, making up things like the original band didn't used to play 2 hour-2 and a half hour setlists every night. An average show was about 2:15, and that was only with about 15 minutes of jamming (if that much), so you still got 2 solid hours. By your count, thats 10 minutes more than what current GNR plays. So yeah, old GNR wins that one. But please, do try another argument.

• Like 2

I guess if all that matters is live performances, in effect it is agreed that this is the world's greatest cover band, which considering they've been at it for such a long time is not surprising.

Edited by alfa75

So do you, making up things like the original band didn't used to play 2 hour-2 and a half hour setlists every night. An average show was about 2:15, and that was only with about 15 minutes of jamming (if that much), so you still got 2 solid hours. By your count, thats 10 minutes more than what current GNR plays. So yeah, old GNR wins that one. But please, do try another argument.

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about

Note for note the current line-up are vastly superior to old GNR. But musically speaking there is something extremely powerful about a band playing their own songs. It's really frustrating that newer GNRs haven't had more opportunity to play their songs, because then you get moments like this:

Exactly.

Do you think Axl will let the new band have that opportunity this tour or will they just continue playing songs by other versions of the band, mainly songs written by the classic line-up?

I'd like to see the current band have a chance to imprint their name into GnR. Must be frustrating as a musician to make a living playing other people's hits.

Let's be real. Take away any 3-4 band members (except Axl) and GnR is still going to sell the same amount of tickets as they do now. Take away songs by the classic line-up (say Nov Rain, Jungle, SCOM, YCBM, PC) and the amount of tickets sold will drop considerably.

Why doesn't Axl give these guys a chance to make it on their own, with their own GnR music?

Edited by Groghan

^This. The shows were 2 hour-2 hour and a half, or even a little more - including a drum solo and some jamming.

None of them. That music has nothing to do with this band. The only difference btw any other cover band you can go listen to at any bar, is that this cover band has Axl as the singer. I am a drummer, average at best, and I can play almost every song note for note. Doenst make me gnr