26 years ago...

19880202ticket.jpg

Disclaimer: no I didn't go, but I thought this was pretty cool.

I remember there was mention of the video crew being there to shoot Great White, and I think the same thing happened when GNR shot SCOM and Great White made "Once Bitten Twice Shy" or another video.

GNR and Great White had the same manager and at first is was GNR opening for Great White with Great White being the one fimed for an MTV special.

The manager, I think his name was Allen Niven went to Great White and sad basically you guys can't follow GNR and the show they put on you would have a dead crowd, and he asked GW if they would open and be a tough act to follow insteed of trying to follow the toughest at in RNR at time and they done it.

There is an interview of there old manager eplaining how it all went down. It is a webcast on youtube with several parts to it which is very interesting but I don't know where that part is here is one of the webcast parts

• Like 2

@Diesil Daisy and Lenny,

Here Here!!! Fucking tell em' guys. These snot nose fucking brats wouldn't know a great band or concert if it smacked them in the face. I'm not going to say it's the best concert that gnr ever performed, but as far as the appetite era goes, the audio/video for this show makes it a legendary performance.

Anyone that thinks any concert post 2000 is better than the ritz obvoiusly a tool. I like the new band (all eras) but the old band was fucking legendary.

Never really liked the ritz, Axl and Slash were pretty bad on this one.

Slash? Maybe. He wasn't at the top of his game that night but even when Slash was bad he was still brilliant.

But Axl? Axl fucking owned that show!

IMHO Axls voice went to shit for the last half of the show.

Everyone in GNR was fucked up for that show and there playing of the songs suffered but it was still an ICONIC performance that showed the world who GNR was at THAT TIME.

Peoples dislike for this gig is indicative of why you will never ever get a decent rock n roll band ever again, for as long as there is a consensus of kids raised on pop music to believe that clean and crisp is the same thing as better than something thats wild, sloppy and passionate, you will never get a decent rock n roll band again cuz that is exactly the heart of what made rock n roll good and passionate and explosive and unpredictable. Rock n Roll, at its heart, is the sound of kids struggling with their instruments (oo, err). The greatest rock n roll bands of our times, any of em, all of em, The Who, The Beatles, The Stones, The Sex Pistols, The Kinks, all of em were sloppy as fuck, ramshackle, pissed as farts most of the time but driven by an absolute love for music and a gung ho devil-may-care attitude that shone through in the music and made it fucking electrifying.

For as long as you fuckin' snotty little student types going around like 'oh well look how sloppy it is' or 'oh, look, he missed a note, FAILLLLL' then you basically ain't getting the fuckin' point and whatever you go on to do with rock n roll you're gonna fuck it up because you don't have an understanding of the core of what got right into peoples fuckin' bones about this music.

It's sad, REALLY sad, REALLY REALLY fuckin' sad that i'm sitting here in 2014 and there's kids that grew up after the fact lookin' at the Ritz gig going 'thats naff, look how sloppy they are!' honestly, thats one step shy of goin' 'y'know, they could do with a haircut and a decent make up artist too' you have absolutely no idea about this fuckin' music and quite frankly, you don't deserve a band like Guns n Roses (THE Guns n Roses) and thats why you don't have one, cuz you probably wouldn't recognise em if they opened your cheeks and snuck up your arse one by one, instruments in hand ;)

Dude seriously, listen to better music.

Peoples dislike for this gig is indicative of why you will never ever get a decent rock n roll band ever again, for as long as there is a consensus of kids raised on pop music to believe that clean and crisp is the same thing as better than something thats wild, sloppy and passionate, you will never get a decent rock n roll band again cuz that is exactly the heart of what made rock n roll good and passionate and explosive and unpredictable. Rock n Roll, at its heart, is the sound of kids struggling with their instruments (oo, err). The greatest rock n roll bands of our times, any of em, all of em, The Who, The Beatles, The Stones, The Sex Pistols, The Kinks, all of em were sloppy as fuck, ramshackle, pissed as farts most of the time but driven by an absolute love for music and a gung ho devil-may-care attitude that shone through in the music and made it fucking electrifying.

For as long as you fuckin' snotty little student types going around like 'oh well look how sloppy it is' or 'oh, look, he missed a note, FAILLLLL' then you basically ain't getting the fuckin' point and whatever you go on to do with rock n roll you're gonna fuck it up because you don't have an understanding of the core of what got right into peoples fuckin' bones about this music.

It's sad, REALLY sad, REALLY REALLY fuckin' sad that i'm sitting here in 2014 and there's kids that grew up after the fact lookin' at the Ritz gig going 'thats naff, look how sloppy they are!' honestly, thats one step shy of goin' 'y'know, they could do with a haircut and a decent make up artist too' you have absolutely no idea about this fuckin' music and quite frankly, you don't deserve a band like Guns n Roses (THE Guns n Roses) and thats why you don't have one, cuz you probably wouldn't recognise em if they opened your cheeks and snuck up your arse one by one, instruments in hand ;)

This post should have ended this topic and should be pinned at the top of the page.

Lenny comes in with the post of 2014.

Listening to this is kind of fun. You'd never hear this kind of material anywhere. I'm not sure it makes it in anyway better than what we now get, I've kind of developed an ear for the modern, crisp clean and completely unreal sound of recordings these days.

I'm into sweet child and thus far into the set Slash has sounded like a normal mortal. The true superstar here thus far has been Axl.

Though looking at him, and listening to his voice, I feel like it's a miracle he could make a close approximation of this thing he has going here even in his mid 40's.

Crazy powerful voice, and amazingly in tune all the time! Class.

mckagan and adler are holding up the back end quite nicely aswell.