The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Has anybody doubts Wilder is the no1 now? He confirmed fighting Ortiz next and then there's the rematch with Fury.

Until one of them two won't stop Wilder I clearly think he's no1

I do, I think Wilder is shit too.  Said the same about Joshua, argued it in fact on this forum when everyone was going on about the Klitschko win like it made him the dogs bollocks...and Wilders the same, every time he faces anything like stiff competition he wobbles like fuck.  The truth is its a VERY weak generation of heavyweights and on any given night any one of them can beat the other.  Fury is no 1 to me, never lost in his life, never got a gift desicion (perhaps Big John McDermott) never had no establishment backing of any sort but always gets the job done.  Don’t get me wrong Wilder COULD be no 1 but its there to be proven, Josh had fought more names and better opposition than Fury AND Wilder in their 10 year careers...and Josh has only been around for 5.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I do, I think Wilder is shit too.  Said the same about Joshua, argued it in fact on this forum when everyone was going on about the Klitschko win like it made him the dogs bollocks...and Wilders the same, every time he faces anything like stiff competition he wobbles like fuck.  The truth is its a VERY weak generation of heavyweights and on any given night any one of them can beat the other.  Fury is no 1 to me, never lost in his life, never got a gift desicion (perhaps Big John McDermott) never had no establishment backing of any sort but always gets the job done.  Don’t get me wrong Wilder COULD be no 1 but its there to be proven, Josh had fought more names and better opposition than Fury AND Wilder in their 10 year careers...and Josh has only been around for 5.

The problem with Wilder is that everyone he has faced had better boxing skills than him but nobody was able to benefit from that. Everyone went down, even Fury, who outboxed him most of the time. 

I think it depends on what style you prefer. Fury is big but has great movement, he's fast and has a very good defense.

And while he is the better boxer I prefer Wilder's aggressive style amd power. I mean... it's the heavyweight devision... I wanna see people fall.

Having said that, I think everything's possible in the rematch between those two, and even when this generation of heavyweights is weak, it's far more exciting than the Klitshko era.

We have some good fights to expect in the future and even AJ will come back

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Whos it up too where this re match is Eddie or camp Ruiz...???

Eddie and the contract.  You'll hear a lot of breeze about Ruiz and his demands in the media now and in the coming weeks but trust me, the money is still AJ.  AJ even alluded in his little interview he's done since on his channel, I should say statement, that in the rematch clause a venue is stipulated:

3:06, he mentions 'date, location'.  That wasn't as casual and offhand and he's trying to make it look, he's subtly addressing these wild rumours that it has to be in Mexico or America etc etc, these things are calculated PR exercises, its made out to look like some sort of heartfelt message to fans but what he's really doing here is addressing gossip and explaining whats happening going forward.

7 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Is it true he got dropped in training leading up to the fight?

As if often the case with such things no one really knows, he certainly didn’t look right in the lead up, people even said something about an anxiety attack.

Something was wrong though, even I could see it, that post I made on the forum, ‘he looks shook’, that was made during the ring walk.

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Well fuck me if old Hawkeye saw it AJ must have been having issues.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

:lol:

I’m telling you there was something wrong with the cunt, he looked like he was bottling it or something, which is ridiculous cuz he seemed calm as fuck in front of 90,000 at Wembley, MSG is teensy in comparison.  He was doin all kindsa weird stuff even getting in the ring, moving his gumsheild in and out of his mouth, often a sign of having trouble breathing or just feeling off, worried me a bit cuz Gerald Mcllelan was doing that in the Nigel Benn fight and look what happened there, though that was mid-fight.  

All credit to Ruiz though, end of the day its the shots that did it and he was compus enough to put Ruiz on his arse.  Bad boxing really, like extremely poor.  He went in overly eager when he put him down and ended up getting clipped.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

All credit to Ruiz though, end of the day its the shots that did it and he was compus enough to put Ruiz on his arse.  Bad boxing really, like extremely poor.  He went in overly eager when he put him down and ended up getting clipped.

He's got really fast hands for his build, any other guy in that shape would gas out after punching at that speed for 1 round, nevermind 7. Fluid nasty combinations.

Edited by moreblack

8 hours ago, moreblack said:

He's got really fast hands for his build, any other guy in that shape would gas out after punching at that speed for 1 round, nevermind 7. Fluid nasty combinations.

Anyone into boxing was saying Ruiz would give him a tough night, he don’t really know what to do with short people, if you recall he struggled with Carlos Takam who is of a similar height and stance though not quite so fast hands.  And y’know speed and reflexes don’t have a lot to do necessarily with how much loose fat you’re carrying, look at Tyson Fury, he’s neither light nor in particularly good shape but he’s quick with his paws.  

There’s a lot of fighters like Ruiz, kinda under the radar heavyweights, who are a rough night for anyone, Oscar Rivas is another, Michael Hunter is another.

And Joshua has been matched hard throughout his career, hes the least protected of all the heavyweights and he might’ve actually benefited from being a little protected.

Edited by Len Cnut

On 6/6/2019 at 6:38 AM, Len Cnut said:

Eddie and the contract.  You'll hear a lot of breeze about Ruiz and his demands in the media now and in the coming weeks but trust me, the money is still AJ.  AJ even alluded in his little interview he's done since on his channel, I should say statement, that in the rematch clause a venue is stipulated:

3:06, he mentions 'date, location'.  That wasn't as casual and offhand and he's trying to make it look, he's subtly addressing these wild rumours that it has to be in Mexico or America etc etc, these things are calculated PR exercises, its made out to look like some sort of heartfelt message to fans but what he's really doing here is addressing gossip and explaining whats happening going forward.

He seems so calm for a guy that just lost all his belts.