Carlycosmos

GNR Women's discussion

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

Disagree, if it was a day, yes, but if it was two weeks, no way. And it was 87, still peak of their mutual love.

Steven was there for one day, it's a completely different situation. What happened to Duff was decades later and Duff wasn't in a coma and from what I know Slash at least talked to him plus then Slash was in the peak of depression after Guns broke. This was 87 when they still loved one another to death, when they were about to have their first success, please, I'm sure they were there. Plus nobody ever said they weren't, only that they weren't there when he woke up. I'm sure he didn't inform anyone when exactly he's gonna wake up and it would be impossible for anybody to stand at the bed for two weeks, so probably just how things happened.

Saying that they were so drunk they didn't even care for two weeks that Axl will die is definitely unfair.

Well, actually, i don't have Steven book with me now but Duff said in his book: "Not long after I got out of the hospital, Axl came up to Seattle to visit me. He was the only member of the band who had called me in the hospital, though McBob and Adam Day from the crew also called. I think from afar it must have sounded to Slash like just another brush with the line—and besides, he was dealing with an addiction of his own. Not that anyone owed me a call in a situation that was of my own making, but Axl’s concern still touched me." that's it.

Plus, i have here Slash's book too and there's not talk about Axl's overdose and he talked about him going to the hospital with his friend Danny McCrackren and Todd's Overdose, his grandma in hospital and his own hospital stays, no Axl, i would think he would have narrated this experience, having someone close in the hospital it's pretty traumatic and you would remember. 

And i don't get what the lenght of time has to do it with it, Steve's almost died and Slash didn't talk to Duff and Axl was depressed too so yes, knowing how they reacted to other similar situations i wouldn't be surprised they didn't go to see him and i didn't say they didn't care but i would think that they would put themself even more in a stupor if they're worried instead of doing the most "adult" thing and going to the hospital.

1 hour ago, giuls said:

Well, actually, i don't have Steven book with me now but Duff said in his book: "Not long after I got out of the hospital, Axl came up to Seattle to visit me. He was the only member of the band who had called me in the hospital, though McBob and Adam Day from the crew also called. I think from afar it must have sounded to Slash like just another brush with the line—and besides, he was dealing with an addiction of his own. Not that anyone owed me a call in a situation that was of my own making, but Axl’s concern still touched me." that's it.

Plus, i have here Slash's book too and there's not talk about Axl's overdose and he talked about him going to the hospital with his friend Danny McCrackren and Todd's Overdose, his grandma in hospital and his own hospital stays, no Axl, i would think he would have narrated this experience, having someone close in the hospital it's pretty traumatic and you would remember. 

And i don't get what the lenght of time has to do it with it, Steve's almost died and Slash didn't talk to Duff and Axl was depressed too so yes, knowing how they reacted to other similar situations i wouldn't be surprised they didn't go to see him and i didn't say they didn't care but i would think that they would put themself even more in a stupor if they're worried instead of doing the most "adult" thing and going to the hospital.

Of course Slash didn't talk about it in his book because it was a private and personal experience of Axl and he was very careful not to disclose any of Axl's privacy plus I am sure for himself it was also a very awful experience, not exactly something he would love to dwell on. I'd bet you all I have it wasn't because he didn't remember ;)

As for Slash not calling Duff, maybe, I wasn't sure of that one, that is actually extremely lame and it can only mean he was completely fucked out of his mind at that time which probably was the case because that's when he was in the process of breaking up with Axl and writing albums about him and then touring them, all higher than a kite most likely. Anyway that is not a justification and it was a nasty thing to do. But it still was a different situation, Duff was not in a coma, these were different times most of all and in 1987, if Axl was in a coma for two weeks, I just can't see them not coming and I'm pretty sure they did, anyway "my friends are calling back to me" said Axl ;)

Edited by Asia

25 minutes ago, Asia said:

Of course Slash didn't talk about it in his book because it was a private and personal experience of Axl and he was very careful not to disclose any of Axl's privacy plus I am sure for himself it was also a very awful experience, not exactly something he would love to dwell on. I'd bet you all I have it wasn't because he didn't remember ;)

As for Slash not calling Duff, maybe, I wasn't sure of that one, that is actually extremely lame and it can only mean he was completely fucked out of his mind at that time which probably was the case because that's when he was in the process of breaking up with Axl and writing albums about him and then touring them, all higher than a kite most likely. Anyway that is not a justification and it was a nasty thing to do. But it still was a different situation, Duff was not in a coma, these were different times most of all and in 1987, if Axl was in a coma for two weeks, I just can't see them not coming and I'm pretty sure they did, anyway "my friends are calling back to me" said Axl ;)

Well, like i said, we didn't know for sure and i used "i wouldn't be surprised" but yes, i wouldn't be surprised and sorry, i don't buy the "Slash was protecting Axl's privacy" Axl narrated it himself in 91, way before Slash wrote a book and this is the same man that talked about Axl being triggered and jumping out of a car and yes, Slash was pretty shitty to Duff, i don't see how it's that different from Axl's situation, Duff was literally begging his doctors to kill him he was so much in pain so yes, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show up, again, we don't know, but they have a pattern of behaviour.

I love their friendship to one another but i accept that there were times when they were pretty shitty to each other, it's a statement on the stenght of their relationships that they can look past that and i think it's beautiful.

(I searched for Steven's autobiography between my books and he said that he overdosed the first time right after the SCOM video was released so if i have my dates straight that was the first overdose any of the band members had since getting together and there was only Axl there, like i said, shitty).

3 hours ago, sara11111 said:

Found this on tumblr 

(My first post here btw:headbang:)5a8f240b-7a8c-4a8b-be68-6335520c3936-1.jpg

I never heard before that sory about Axl fighting like 20 County Sheriffs. I know he was high and it was reckless. And a scary and horrible situation. But I still  find it hilarious :rofl-lol:  I wish there was a video of that somewhere. Thanks a lot for that one. Cool reading! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, starlight said:

I didn't know Axl overdosed either, It's scary they all could have died at any time because of drugs and meds OD

I still learn something new everyday about those crazy mofos.

@sara11111 Welcome!

• Like 4

So Steven calls Slash "babe" and "love"? :P

Cool!

What does Axl call Slash? :awesomeface:

Do you think Axl has written letters for his Slash? :awesomeface:

I'd love to read those, if they exist....

• Like 1

I vote for Sweet Cancer O' Mine when he's mad:anger:,  Slashy-Poo for those intimate moments alone:wub: and Prettiest Piss Stain when they're with friends:hug:.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Slashy-Poo is great :rofl-lol: But I would bet in Saulmate.

Saulmate! Now that's a great one lol.

Keem 'em coming guys, Axl needs all our suggestions

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Pissycat :smiley-confused2:

• Like 2

So, it seems there are two conflicting stories re: Axl and an overdose/coma. I had never heard of him being in a two week coma either..I'm inclined to think the story where he gets into a fight with Erin and takes a bottle of pills as a pseudo suicide attempt, and subsequently her having to call the police and him getting his stomach pumped, (and no coma) is probably the correct one.. I really think one of the guys would have written about it in their book if Axl was near deaths door for two weeks!

My only Serpentine  ? :P

• Like 1

It might be yet another example of Tom Zutaut making up (or at least greatly exaggerating) stories about Axl.

8 hours ago, Frey said:

I want one that has something to do with corn, sweet corn? My beloved corn snake?

@Frey it could very well be that Zutaut told a lie, Axl talked about the OD but not about the supposed coma, strange for him that worn this heart upon his sleeve.

Edited by giuls

Truth is they don't talk about personal things and they never did. There's plenty of OD's and other drama in the band we know shit about.

Anyway changing the subject:

I thought that Axl's corn costume was Nu GNR era and I just learned it was still with the old band, not too important but surprised me, nevertheless.

We have to make a nickname with Anaconda in it in honor of Bonnie and her story with Axl (and in honor of Clyde because it's Clyde)

And something about boas in honor of Pandora.

Saw this for the first time today. Many photos don't show Slash's eyes or full face (all that hair). OK they're closed in this but still. Bone structure to die for. And those pillow lips... mmm

IMG_9749.JPG

• Like 4

BKVb0grO0YPa860pgzn7TAmWD-x1RXjjeFbFBCSt

Looks like Axl's personal assistants didn't always appear that bad to Slash :lol:

30 minutes ago, money honey said:

Saw this for the first time today. Many photos don't show Slash's eyes or full face (all that hair). OK they're closed in this but still. Bone structure to die for. And those pillow lips... mmm

IMG_9749.JPG

He looks more masculine/manly than Everyone in the Band

He looks great without sunglasses N' dat cheekbone *No wonder Axl attracted to Him :awesomeface:

20 minutes ago, Asia said:

Looks like Axl's personal assistants didn't always appear that bad to Slash :lol:

Someone's jelly:axl92:

N' Someone gets fired after :axl92:seen this photo

Edited by SerenityScorp

40 minutes ago, Asia said:

wtf :wow: ...anyway is it Gouldstein? Maybe it's bs but I remember reading he is gay...probably it was a mistake. But to me he seems to be all over our boys Duff,Slash, Axl...