GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

10 hours ago, Jane M. said:

This is my Messiah and the one I pray to, The Lord of Avocados. Some will say I'm worshipping the devil but I don't give a fuck, I like it.:hahafyou:

So....what do we have here?

Izzy - The Lord of Avocados 

Duff - The King of Lame Jokes

Slash - The Duke of Instagram

Axl - The Prince of Emojis 

Steven - The Jester of the Slaxland

:smiley-confused2:

can I be the princess? :wub:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I thought you were already a princess but I vote yes:hug:

I'm the Lady of Advocados and I have a meeting with prince Charles later today to discuss some organic farming matters (if I'm lucky I'm taking prince Harry with me).

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Well I'm the Duchess of Instagram then ;)

@Jane M. Please take Prince Harry and the rest of them scrounging palace squatters with you :) 

1 hour ago, Asia said:

As for crucification - it's a great symbol that has, in fact, thousands of meanings and calling it so bad because it just doesn't look sweet, lovely and nice seems quite silly to me. Gruesome? Well, yeah, this world ain't no paradise, gruesome things have been and always will be happening in their thousands and pretending not to see them ain't no solution.

I don't think anyone here objects to it because it isn't "sweet, lovely and nice" to look at. That is a silly thing to say. I'm not a squeamish person at all (quite the opposite actually), and I still think it's an unnecessarily ugly and ridiculous symbol for various reasons, and I'd never hang one into my house.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Jane M. Please take Prince Harry and the rest of them scrounging palace squatters with you :) 

:lol::lol::lol:

(Another thing as out of place in today's world as religion: royalty and monarchies.)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well I'm the Duchess of Instagram then ;)

The british royal family is way too big, where am I supposed to keep them? I can only think of Izzy's farm but he'll say no.

6 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

The british royal family is way too big, where am I supposed to keep them? I can only think of Izzy's farm but he'll say no.

I can take Harry, you'll keep the rest....or wait....they can join Axl's entourage, nobody will notice since his entourage is an independent state of its own ;)

No worries about prince Harry, I could find a place for him - my bedroom would be ok :smiley-confused2:

I can take care of prince George and princess Charlotte. They are so cuteee. And I would dress prince George in a more fashion way than his shorts with socks.

The rest of the family I couldn't care less, but I don't know, we could create a realitty show ala 'Keeping up with the Kardashians', 'The Osbournes' or 'The Malibu Lebeis' and they would be fine.

• Like 1

On 18.10.2016 at 9:19 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Frey I don't remember what I said, but I normally say the Oh My God lyrics are up there in my all time favourite lyrics ever. I wish the song had been better musically, that part really lets it down for me and I always felt it deserved better than sounding like a crappy demo.

I personally love those darker songs Axl writes, compared to stuff like November Rain and TIL I'd take Oh My God and Shacklers Revenge over them any day.

I think those lyrics you posted are better than some that made it onto CD (TIL) I think if he were seriously going to use them, he would rework them anyway. It's cool to see rough drafts though, and how they seem to be written on paper he's just grabbed from anywhere. Seems he's the type that something just pops into his head and then it flows, rather than a sit down and work at it kind. Thats kind of a curse in itself, you can't force it like some people can.

I agree with everything you said. I like the lyrics of OMG as well and always wished it were a better song, musically speaking.

To be fair though, Axl did say that OMG was only a rough, unfinished demo.

(Can't help but wonder why he released it for the End of Days soundtrack then though. Maybe he had to for some reason?)

And yeah, I much prefer the darker stuff to things like TIL too. TIL's the one song I can't bear to listen to. The lyrics make me cringe.

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

'The Malibu Lebeis'

:lol:

Now that's a show I would love to hate-watch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

But well, because of religion holiday/festival/event like Easter or Christmas could exist

Not really. All these so-called "Christian" festivals like Christmas or Easter are built upon pagan traditions anyway. Mostly revolving around sun worship.

The Romans were already exchanging gifts around the time of the midwinter solstice (it was called Saturnalia iirc) before Christianity arrived. Similarly, the Germanic people held winter solstice celebrations as well with food and drink and decorated their houses in evergreens.

Celebrating Christmas was even forbidden in England and the United States during the 16th and 17th century because it was considered "too pagan" and "too sinful".

It's funny to think how Christians wanted to ban Christmas back then when nowadays you can't even escape all the "Christmas is Jesus' birthday" nonsense everywhere. Though I do know that some really fundamentalist Christians in the US don't celebrate Christmas, Easter and Halloween because they're all "evil, pagan festivals".

Personally, I have no problem at all celebrating "Christmas" (I'd rather call it Yule in English) and Easter as a non-religious person. I'm not celebrating anybody's birth or miraculous return from death, I'm celebrating the midwinter solstice, the return of light, the return of spring, nature, family togetherness, good food and spending time with loved ones.

Back on topic, I recently saw a journalist mention that she talked to Axl about his Christmas traditions on the phone for a while in 1987.

And that's all she said bout it. :max:

I was so annoyed, I'd have loved to hear more about Axl's Christmas traditions.

47 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't think anyone here objects to it because it isn't "sweet, lovely and nice" to look at. That is a silly thing to say. I'm not a squeamish person at all (quite the opposite actually), and I still think it's an unnecessarily ugly and ridiculous symbol for various reasons, and I'd never hang one into my house.

Yep. Living in a Catholic country, these things are everywhere and you're used to them. But I still would never voluntarily hang one up anywhere near me. I dislike organized religion, the Catholic church and everything to do with it way too much to want something like that around me. 

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, dgnr said:

No worries about prince Harry, I could find a place for him - my bedroom would be ok :smiley-confused2:

I can take care of prince George and princess Charlotte. They are so cuteee. And I would dress prince George in a more fashion way than his shorts with socks.

Can you please take the corgis too? I don't think Dexter will get along with them.

36 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Can you please take the corgis too? I don't think Dexter will get along with them.

Well Dexter gets along with Sasha, so he's not the pickiest of the cats...He would be just fine with the corgis :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Half of the old buzzards will be dead soon anyway. Half the problem solved. 

Lol. We can make a deal. I'll be glad to take the whole royal family and give you what we have (Dumb and Dumber) :vomit:

Wow, this thread has a topic? :shock::ph34r::nervous:

• Like 1