GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

And on a completely unrelated note (I swear I'll stop spamming now, I'm just babysitting right now and really bored ), I just came across this picture again.

It's from Craig Duswalt's book and it has always amused me. Axl looks so tiny and precious there. I don't know if it's the weird girly hat he's wearing or what, but it's an interesting picture. And most importantly, he's wearing a a kind of baby sling! :lol:

According to Duswalt, Axl made a baby sling out of towels and stuff to carry his baby wallaby around in it (apparently he had a baby wallaby for a while during the UYI tour?). Everywhere he went, he carried the baby with him in that pouch he made for it. Duswalt said it was sweet to see such a doting and paternal side to Axl :wub: It's such a cute story, I think. But also makes me kinda sad he never had a real baby to dote on :(

297full-axl-rose.jpg

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Slash was VERY affectionate with Axl in the beginning of the band. He would go up to Axl, hug him and all. Now its like Axl looks more for Slash than the other way around. Maybe that was youth, drugs, alcohol, I dont know. Soften up ROCK Slash!! :slash::bitchfight:

I've wondered before about what happened to their early closeness and affection. Maybe it had to do with them even living together for a while back then (both with Slash's family and in the dirty little hell holes they also lived in)? That would naturally bring them closer together. And after GnR became more and more famous, they started to drift apart or something. Or maybe it really was just the drugs.

I agree with you that it's mostly Axl nowadays who tries to be affectionate and friendly with Slash. Slash always seems to react really well to that, but yeah, I also want him to initiate things for once. Just go up to him and give him a hug or something. Or poke him or kiss his chipmunk cheeks :awesomeface: Endless possibilities.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

And on a completely unrelated note (I swear I'll stop spamming now, I'm just babysitting right now and really bored ), I just came across this picture again.

It's from Craig Duswalt's book and it has always amused me. Axl looks so tiny and precious there. I don't know if it's the weird girly hat he's wearing or what, but it's an interesting picture. And most importantly, he's wearing a a kind of baby sling! :lol:

According to Duswalt, Axl made a baby sling out of towels and stuff to carry his baby wallaby around in it (apparently he had a baby wallaby for a while during the UYI tour?). Everywhere he went, he carried the baby with him in that pouch he made for it. Duswalt said it was sweet to see such a doting and paternal side to Axl :wub: It's such a cute story, I think. But also makes me kinda sad he never had a real baby to dote on :(

297full-axl-rose.jpg

I've wondered before about what happened to their early closeness and affection. Maybe it had to do with them even living together for a while back then (both with Slash's family and in the dirty little hell holes they also lived in)? That would naturally bring them closer together. And after GnR became more and more famous, they started to drift apart or something. Or maybe it really was just the drugs.

I agree with you that it's mostly Axl nowadays who tries to be affectionate and friendly with Slash. Slash always seems to react really well to that, but yeah, I also want him to initiate things for once. Just go up to him and give him a hug or something. Or poke him or kiss his chipmunk cheeks :awesomeface: Endless possibilities.

Yes, Slash needs to pull some really odd shit like KISS TONGUE THE GINGER! :rofl-lol:

The stadium would implode, hahahahaaha.... and I'd die if that happened! :wow:

13 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Ha! I've seen this picture before but thought it was apron haha. It's cute to see this side of him, well, let's talk about tenderness :rofl-lol: #chinaexchangeguyapproves

You really know a lot about the band, I'm impressed, learning something new every day. :hug: Keep it coming! :headbang:

15 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, Slash needs to pull some really odd shit like KISS TONGUE THE GINGER! :rofl-lol:

Jesusfuckingchrist girls, you're crazy :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_4OChnbkZog4HnTY8FYp

I think we'll see more interaction, it's just the beginning. I would also love to see some moments between Axl and Duff, the way they used to joke during the UYI era.  

Btw. I've just come across this picture and it really cracked me up :smiley-confused2:

slash-and-axl-prom-photo.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Jesusfuckingchrist girls, you're crazy :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_4OChnbkZog4HnTY8FYp

I think we'll see more interaction, it's just the beginning. I would also love to see some moments between Axl and Duff, the way they used to joke during the UYI era.  

Btw. I've just come across this picture and it really cracked me up :smiley-confused2:

slash-and-axl-prom-photo.jpg

ahahaaha that last pic is a BIG change because it's always Axl on the receiving end, if you know what I mean! :lol::rofl-lol:

Steven Adler wasn't afraid of spooning Axl when the opportunity was there :rofl-lol: I guess that goes for screwing Adriana and all the shame Axl put him through!

axl and steven.jpg

and that face! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

On 6/24/2016 at 2:18 PM, Lumikki said:

New Slaxl pic! Axl looks so happy in every single picture with Slash, it's amazing! You can tell how much he loves having him back :wub:

And since this was discussed in the Detroit thread, I think Axl changed the lyrics of Estranged to "How could I say that I never needed you..." on purpose as well.

I WANT TO BELIEVE :wow::lol:

CluN3J6VAAAc5M7.jpg

:lol:

Sounds totally reasonable to me :P

Axl got his game back w/Slash :wub:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Ha! I've seen this picture before but thought it was apron haha. It's cute to see this side of him, well, let's talk about tenderness :rofl-lol: #chinaexchangeguyapproves

You really know a lot about the band, I'm impressed, learning something new every day. :hug: Keep it coming! :headbang:

Ahahaha, yeah let's talk about tenderness. I'm sure the China Exchange guy would totally approve of this conversation.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Our next topic of discussion should be Axl showering or drinking coffee, to keep things here interesting for China guy. :lol:

Seriously though, it really is sweet how much he loves animals (and children). It's one of my favorite things about him.

And well, I've been following this stupid band for way too long and have a talent for remembering useless shit. And I apparently enjoy reading crappy books like Craig Duswalt's. That's where it all comes from :P:facepalm:

(Also, GnR was one of my subjects in my high school graduation exams. Really, I swear. :lol: I actually wrote a 30 page paper about GnR and then had to talk about it during oral exams :facepalm:. Does that make me a GnR scholar? :awesomeface:)

And yeah, more Duff and Axl would be awesome too. Also more Sluff. Because Slash and Duff also don't seem as close as they used to be for some reason.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Not gonna lie, I'd pay to watch that.

45 minutes ago, killuridols said:

ahahaaha that last pic is a BIG change because it's always Axl on the receiving end, if you know what I mean! :lol::rofl-lol:

Let's all pray that Axl never ends up on Tumblr, rockfic.com or various other places. Because considering how worried he always is about people being after his ass, he would probably have a heart attack or something if he came across the thousands upon thousands of fan fics, photo manips, drawings etc that feature him taking it up the ass.

God, I can't even imagine. Poor Axl would be so disturbed.

The horror of it all.

:rofl-lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Let's all pray that Axl never ends up on Tumblr, rockfic.com or various other places. Because considering how worried he always is about people being after his ass, he would probably have a heart attack or something if he came across the thousands upon thousands of fan fics, photo manips, drawings etc that feature him taking it up the ass.

God, I can't even imagine. Poor Axl would be so disturbed.

The horror of it all.

:rofl-lol:

He's finding out about it... as of... RIGHT NOW :scared:

Thank you Lumikki, you're so brilliant! :awesomeface:

And next time we are at a show, we'll be pulled off by Andrei.......

............. outside the stadium! with a kick in our butts for talking so much trash about them here :rofl-lol:

12 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Dammit, I can't stop watching Estranged and Rocket Queen from these two shows :drool::headbang:. I need help haha.

giphy.gif

I'm begining to think that the name of the tour should be Saturday Night Fever. There is great deal of dancing going on in these shows if we add the Axl/DC tour as well. Next thing we know they are gonna cover Staying Alive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lumikki said:

297full-axl-rose.jpg

Yeah, the wallaby story is so sweet :)

36 minutes ago, oaka said:

@Lumikki that is a baby sling?? I always believed it was an apron! Hahaha!! I thought he was having a barbeque or sth...??

I have never heard of the baby wallaby story. Nice one! Thanks for sharing! ??

Here's a picture of the baby wallaby from the same book. Axl had named him Freddie (after Freddie Mercury, of course)

image-SJC8AJQ3.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

If Axl is really reading this thread, he probably already had multiple heart attacks. This thread is full of things that would be horrifying to him :P

I hope he's reading this thread :popcorn:, we aren't wasting our time for nothing :max:

(just kidding :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:, but he'll definitely learn something new)

The baby wallaby thing is so freaking cute :wub:, thanks for posting. Btw. What subject was it that you wrote a GNR paper and took an exam? That's really cool!

6 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm begining to think that the name of the tour should be Saturday Night Fever. There is great deal of dancing going on in these shows if we add the Axl/DC tour as well. Next thing we know they are gonna cover Staying Alive.

He's dancing like nobody's watching :headbang:. I love his dance moves, hope to see him dance more and more 

:lol: Hahahaha you're so cool @Lumikki :hug:

Do you guys think Justin Bieber copycats Axl a lot? All this baby animals talk and pics reminded me of Justin having a monkey for a while, carrying it around, but I think he abandoned it later :max: 

He does a lot of shit similar to what Axl did in the 90s, with less spice though, lol :lol:

:lol: Hahahaha you're so cool @Lumikki :hug:

Do you guys think Justin Bieber copycats Axl a lot? All this baby animals talk and pics reminded me of Justin having a monkey for a while, carrying it around, but I think he abandoned it later :max: 

He does a lot of shit similar to what Axl did in the 90s, with less spice though, lol :lol:

That comparison nearly made me choke on my drink :lol:

I mean, I can give Axl a lot of shit and I feel it's deserved, but if Justin Bieber thinks he's anything like Axl, then that little douchebag has a lot to learn. He can't hold a candle to Axl's talent, stage presence or anything else, not even in his wildest dreams.

I do wonder what happened to Axl's baby wallaby though? Hope he didn't abandon it like Bieber does with his pets. And why did he have a baby wallaby in the first place? Shouldn't they be with their mother or, if the mother is dead, raised by qualified people?

Edited by Frey

3 hours ago, Frey said:

That comparison nearly made me choke on my drink :lol:

I mean, I can give Axl a lot of shit and I feel it's deserved, but if Justin Bieber thinks he's anything like Axl, then that little douchebag has a lot to learn. He can't hold a candle to Axl's talent, stage presence or anything else, not even in his wildest dreams.

I do wonder what happened to Axl's baby wallaby though? Hope he didn't abandon it like Bieber does with his pets. And why did he have a baby wallaby in the first place? Shouldn't they be with their mother or, if the mother is dead, raised by qualified people?

:rolleyes:

I didnt compare them the way you're putting it out. Never talked about singing, music or anything related to talent.

I only asked and been wondering about the things Justin does to call attention from the media. His demeanor resembles that of Axl in the 90s. And Axl's popularity in the 90s was similar to Justin's now. Maybe bigger.

:rolleyes:

I didnt compare them the way you're putting it out. Never talked about singing, music or anything related to talent.

I only asked and been wondering about the things Justin does to call attention from the media. His demeanor resembles that of Axl in the 90s. And Axl's popularity in the 90s was similar to Justin's now. Maybe bigger.

Yeah, but stuff like Axl having a wallaby for example was not widely known back then, unlike Bieber and his pets.

I think Axl didn't try too hard to cause controversy most of the time, it just came naturally to him. With Bieber it seems to be a mix of calculated PR and stupidity.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

Omg, look what I just saw on Tumblr. :wow:

Duff's ex-wife Mandy (lol yet another person getting involved in the GnR telenovela? :P) came across this picture on Instagram and tagged Meegan. Wanted Meegan to see this charming Slaxl manip apparently :awesomeface:

But is Meegan even still on Instagram? Didn't she delete her account or something?

Still, I think it's hilarious. Meegan really should show this to Slash and Axl :rofl-lol:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/slaxlannt.png~original

6 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I hope he's reading this thread :popcorn:, we aren't wasting our time for nothing :max:

(just kidding :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:, but he'll definitely learn something new)

The baby wallaby thing is so freaking cute :wub:, thanks for posting. Btw. What subject was it that you wrote a GNR paper and took an exam? That's really cool!

He's dancing like nobody's watching :headbang:. I love his dance moves, hope to see him dance more and more 

Yes, it's full of helpful advice regarding every area of his life, from his clothes to his entourage :awesomeface:

It was for my English class. I wrote about the history of the band, various band members' biographies, and a lot about the controversy surrounding the band.

And I just looked at that thing (haven't looked at in years), and saw I even wrote like half a page about Beta. :facepalm: And I included lots of really nice pictures of Axl, Slash and the other band members. Hope my English teacher appreciated that :rofl-lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Frey said:

Yeah, but stuff like Axl having a wallaby for example was not widely known back then, unlike Bieber and his pets.

I think Axl didn't try too hard to cause controversy most of the time, it just came naturally to him. With Bieber it seems to be a mix of calculated PR and stupidity.

That's why I said Bieber is a copycat. That's the way copycats act and behave. None of their ideas are original and they push too hard to appear natural.

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Duff's ex-wife Mandy (lol yet another person getting involved in the GnR telenovela? :P) came across this picture on Instagram and tagged Meegan. Wanted Meegan to see this charming Slaxl manip apparently :awesomeface:

But is Meegan even still on Instagram? Didn't she delete her account or something?

Still, I think it's hilarious. Meegan really should show this to Slash and Axl :rofl-lol:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/slaxlannt.png~original

Shit, that picture embarasses me! :wacko:

I guess it is from that Kirsten Stewart movie :scared:

Yes, Meegan shut down her account but it doesn't mean she deleted it.

Lol that Mandy girl, wtf, maybe she thinks pic is real? :confused:

RE: the wallaby... Axl could have a paddock for it at his Malibu home, LOL. He certainly would have the room for it. I don't know this for a fact but I don't think wallabies are restricted animals. They can be found for sale in the USA. They're not as large as kangaroos and they're not nasty like them, either, so they probably are not particularly dangerous pets. (a large kangaroo can kill a person and it has happened AFAIK). They're also not an endangered or protected species, AFAIK. They're related to kangaroos and as far as I've been told by Australian friends, they're considered a nuisance sometimes. You can find kangaroo steaks for sale in the supermarkets in Australia, LOL. 

Anyway, point being, it's totally plausible that he would have been able to care for it at his house.

13 hours ago, Lumikki said:

*Mandy* is back now?! Wow, everyone's popping up! I have to say, if I were Meegan or Erin or any of them, I'd probably keep my 'real,' non-fan-oriented personal account under a fake name so nobody else could find it...

On 6/28/2016 at 0:46 PM, killuridols said:

and

Ok, yes, I think it was mentioned here before but I didn't pay attention to it because everytime Izzy comes off critical of Axl I cringe. I dont like Izzy because of that, he acts like he knew better than anyone else but I don't know based on what.

I agree; I don't like Izzy or the way he has dealt with the band at all. He comes off as being very pretentious and hypercritical of everyone, and his comments about Axl in particular have been unnecessarily nasty and unkind. It comes across as especially nasty when one considers that Axl has gone out of his way to defend Izzy...even when he quit the band, Axl was criticizing Izzy's actions, not slamming the guy on a personal level. Every time someone goes off on how "cool" Izzy is...yeah, given his history, not so much IMHO.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Frey said:

On one level I actually feel bad for people like Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. They got immensely famous at a young age, and that's overwhelming, I would imagine. Plus, all the completely douchey adolescent things they've done have been under the world's microscope. People do all sorts of stupid shit when they're that age - and the difference is that they don't have to answer to a world audience. I mean, hell, can you imagine if the press had been reporting on GnR when they were in their late teens? Axl getting arrested all the time in Indiana and hitchhiking across America; Izzy selling heroin; Duff being a punk, all the drugs and drinking...the tabloids would never have been out of stories.

In terms of musical talent, though, Bieber vs. Axl...oh, HELL no.