MYGNRFORUM Through the Years Daily Song Challenge

BlueJean Baby

19 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I got nothing for 2016 :shrugs:

@BlueJean Baby what were the old ideas that were floating around from last time?

Another one with a daily topic or question like we have done in the past. (Example: song with a color in the title, a song that reminds you of someone)

I have found a lot of these lists online and could pick through them to find new ones. Or if any of you have any topics you would like to see included, please list them here. 😆

I can set up Friday afternoon and post a new thread if we get a general consensus from people who participate. So speak now or forever hold your peace...😆

Edited by BlueJean Baby

44 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

what about some sort of connections thing, you post a song and the next person has to post one with a connection to it and so on :shrugs:

@BlueJean Baby do you know what i mean? like 7 degrees of separation type.

You will need to give an example miss Jan for after my shift, I am so tired I can't think! :lol: For reals! :P 

9 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I'm up for most of them tbh ;)

what about some sort of connections thing, you post a song and the next person has to post one with a connection to it and so on :shrugs:

@BlueJean Baby do you know what i mean? like 7 degrees of separation type.

Can you elaborate with an example or two? Are you meaning something like if I posted November Rain, for example, then the next person would have to post one of the following: song with a month in the title, song with a weather condition or a GNR song? And if so, would we just keep going for a certain number of days or until a specified end date?  Or would whoever posts first each day would set the topics for that day?🙄

Edited by BlueJean Baby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

@triad Oh dear Lord, Kid Rock ? :blink: 

I'm not judging or anything.. :D

Lol, surprised me that he's back!  I was going to use this --> :suspicious: myself.  

Still, I think someone else in this thread appreciates him, too.  Wasn't Bawitdaba posted? 

Edit: Yes, yes it was, by @J Dog, and I was the only one that gave it a like!  :lol:

Edited by triad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

@janrichmond need your input...see my earlier post to you 😗

For example the song you posted would have to be followed by another song with a connection to it, like a song with Beautiful in the title or Trauma in the title or maybe a song by someone without those 2 words but by someone who has collaborated with Pink, or has a connection to her. The poster has to say what the connection is.

I'm just winging this so anyone else feel free to add or change the rules.

Over to you @BlueJean Baby

47 minutes ago, triad said:

Lol, surprised me that he's back!  I was going to use this --> :suspicious: myself.  

Still, I think someone else in this thread appreciates him, too.  Wasn't Bawitdaba posted? 

Edit: Yes, yes it was, by @J Dog, and I was the only one that gave it a like!  :lol:

That's the way to search a thread and call me out :lol: I can handle some Kid. Not saying he's a favorite of mine and some of his stuff is extra cheesy, but yes, certain Kid I can get down with.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

For example the song you posted would have to be followed by another song with a connection to it, like a song with Beautiful in the title or Trauma in the title or maybe a song by someone without those 2 words but by someone who has collaborated with Pink, or has a connection to her. The poster has to say what the connection is.

I'm just winging this so anyone else feel free to add or change the rules.

Over to you @BlueJean Baby

Thinking this through, I think maybe we should start with a list of songs for each day and then we can post songs connected to it for that day. I am afraid if we try to connect to the song last posted, we will risk having two different members posting a different connection to that song and it will get confusing and start running in two different directions. I know that sounds confusing too :blink: but i remember that word association thread we had here a while back, and it started jumping all over the place and didn't run smoothly. People were associating to words 4 or 5 posts prior and it got all f'd up. 

So why don't I post a list of say 60 random songs by various artists, one per day, and each day we can post connection songs to that one song for that day?  Reason for varying the artists is to allow for more connections to be made, if we did all GNR there are only so many collaborating artists that could be used.  So connections can be made to words in the title of the song or to artists who are connected to or who have collaborated with the daily song artist. The poster of the connecting songs would need to say what connection is being made.

All posters participating, please agree, add ideas, post concerns or forever hold your peace 😆😆😆

• Like 3