If you could hear only one....

oldnews

(influenced by the ultimate rock star thread)

If the magical wizard of music appeared to you and said you could listen to one unreleased / years in the making album which one would you choose ? David Bowie -Toy ? Dr Dre - Detox ? Beach Boys - Smile ? Tool - TBC ? Glassjaw - TBC ?

we all know Axl drove his car over the only copy of Legend of the Red Panda but i'm sure the wizard could magic it back together  for you if you chose that one

I think i'd have to go for Deftones - EROS with  Green Day - Cigarettes and Valentines a close second

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

I'd like to hear CD 2000 era and Detox.

Bob Dylan/Johnny Cash. It didn't have an official title, but they recorded like 20 songs with hopes of releasing it.

What about The Planets album from Dre? I always wondered what happened with that project

On 9/19/2017 at 2:31 AM, Sosso said:

What about The Planets album from Dre? I always wondered what happened with that project

It did sound interesting didn't it? He could've probably pulled it off. A lot of Chronic 2001 had kind of a spacey sound.

On the topic of hip hop, I would've loved to hear Pac's next album if he hadn't died. Until the Emd of Time, Better Dayz, Still I Rise, they all had some great songs, the post production hurt the majority of them. Most of the original unreleased versions are great. He was going with a really raw sound. It fit.