Let’s honestly talk about ticket prices...

yeah I don t regret my money either  but prices should be adapted to the continent where the show takes place.

every gnr fan should be able to attend at least 1 show.

thats my opinion. I mean even in europe ticket prices in eastern europe are lower than in western europe so why those ticket prices everywhere at the same level in north and south america??

• Like 1

Was reading that in South America prices are high cause it's super expensive to even get there and transport between cities and that makes sense if you think about. South America is massive and they are doing only several shows with 1000s and 1000s of kilometers between them. Not like in Europe 

11 minutes ago, tremolo said:

That doesn't justify anything.

The only reason they charge such outrageous ticket prices is because they can get away with it.

Was reading that Muse's Drones tour costed 750.000$ per day during the tour. I guess GnR could be around the same (bigger stage but less props and drones) and when they toured South America they had 4 shows in 9 days and had to get the stage from USA and back to USA for at least 2 days each, that's 13 days of costs with 4 shows. That's 10m$ of costs, on those 10m$ add promoters' and band's cuts and other stuff in it and there you go. Expensive tickets :D 

37 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Was reading that in South America prices are high cause it's super expensive to even get there and transport between cities and that makes sense if you think about. South America is massive and they are doing only several shows with 1000s and 1000s of kilometers between them. Not like in Europe 

No, in Argentina the last show in this year was much more expensive case The Who,the last year was no many expensive.

On 10/14/2017 at 12:08 AM, Sydney Fan said:

i would really like to know when and why the music industry thought they could fuck the fan by increasing ticket prices to the price they are now. I routinely see comments on band forums from north american fans who reminince when they saw bands like van halen and maiden in mid 80's in their prime and only paid less than $10.00 for a ticket probably between 3 to 5 bucks and i think those prices were normal. But how the fuck promoters can justify prices being what they are and thats not including VIP pricing. My thoughts are bands wernt getting ripped off back then in terms of pricing  and the economy in some countries hasn't vastly changed. So how did pricing end up the way it has?

When touring became the only way that artists could make money that their label didn't steal from them 

I think there's a few factors:

1. Modern production values are expensive to stage. (Big stage, Big Crew, Big Effects).

2. Rockstar Lifestyle is expensive. It's not like any of these guys live small.

3. Tours used to be seen as promotion for the record sales. Ticket sales were basically ancillary. The real money was made on records. In our digital age - there's not as much money to be made on recorded music so they're making up the difference with live shows.

4. There's a lot of corruption in the industry. Legalised scalping, massive corporations and all the rest.

5. Natural inflation - almost nothing else costs what it did back in the day. 

Pop it all together and it cost me $50 to see GNR in 1993 and more like $600 or something in 2017

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chunder Monkey said:

I think there's a few factors:

1. Modern production values are expensive to stage. (Big stage, Big Crew, Big Effects).

2. Rockstar Lifestyle is expensive. It's not like any of these guys live small.

3. Tours used to be seen as promotion for the record sales. Ticket sales were basically ancillary. The real money was made on records. In our digital age - there's not as much money to be made on recorded music so they're making up the difference with live shows.

4. There's a lot of corruption in the industry. Legalised scalping, massive corporations and all the rest.

5. Natural inflation - almost nothing else costs what it did back in the day. 

Pop it all together and it cost me $50 to see GNR in 1993 and more like $600 or something in 2017

6. They are greedy bastards