Gardening

Gracii Guns

It was bitter!  I had a Sweet Honey Pecan salad today.  Organic mixed greens, romaine, all-natural chicken breast, bacon, toasted pecans, avocado, tomatoes and carrots with Cheddar and Monterey Jack.  The dressing was warm honey Dijon.  It was so good!  I've never had a warm dressing on my salad.

I should be jumping for joy but I'm all mellow.  I showered in the fancy shower.  I need him to turn up the heat a bit but it was wonderful.  It's pretty and it all just works.

Okay, I'm over it.  MY BATHROOMS ARE ALMOST DONE! :lol:

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

It was bitter!  I had a Sweet Honey Pecan salad today.  Organic mixed greens, romaine, all-natural chicken breast, bacon, toasted pecans, avocado, tomatoes and carrots with Cheddar and Monterey Jack.  The dressing was warm honey Dijon.  It was so good!  I've never had a warm dressing on my salad.

I should be jumping for joy but I'm all mellow.  I showered in the fancy shower.  I need him to turn up the heat a bit but it was wonderful.  It's pretty and it all just works.

Okay, I'm over it.  MY BATHROOMS ARE ALMOST DONE! :lol:

Yay showering at home! In your awesome new bathrooms!! :dance:They'll be all done in no time :headbang: Cant wait to see pics! Im really happy for you!

I like bitters greens like dandelions, but it sounds like this was even more bitter?! 

That salad sounds incredible :drool:. Wow, I want that now. The warm dressing sounds so good, you wouldnt think to put warm on the greens would ya. US cuisine is kicking so much ass - so tasty and healthy. Kinda weird to think that Ill be pineing for the meal you ate yesterday, all day today :lol: Sounds like it was from a restaurant?

Edited by soon

Yeah a place called First Watch and I'm going back sometime this week. :lol:  Wonder if you can buy that dressing?

It was power washing day!  I jumped right on it first thing.  God do I love a power washer.  For one brief minute the outside of the house is clean.  And I need a shower. :lol:

And for one brief minute, I have no plant sale orders at my house.  Lets see how long that will last. :lol:

Don't forget we have class tonight.  I think our last one?

Edited by cineater

34 minutes ago, cineater said:

Yeah a place called First Watch and I'm going back sometime this week. :lol:  Wonder if you can buy that dressing?It was power washing day!  I jumped right on it first thing.  God do I love a power washer.  For one brief minute the outside of the house is clean. 

And for one brief minute, I have no plant sale orders at my house.  Lets see how long that will last. :lol:

Id be going back too!! :lol: Ill have to look for that dressing, because I checked and that restaurant doesnt have locations here. Sounds amazing!

Im having homemade ginger-beef with roasted broccoli stem. Its pretty good, but not like that salad.

Isnt power washing so f'n satisfying?!?! Im glad you are getting some 'you' time today. I bet Marsha has called since you posted though? :lol: 

34 minutes ago, cineater said:

And I need a shower. :lol:

And now you can actually have one!! :headbang::lol:

Gonna fertilize my chamomile today. Should be able to start frequent morning harvestings soon.

Its class today!!! Bouyah!

Edited by soon

49 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's our last class on food preservation.  Ginger beef sounds great!

Yeah that's my clean patio.  It looks crowded with plants in the picture. :lol:  Really I have room to move around.

Your patio looks perfect! Id love to have that one day. Its great plant/life balance as far as Im concerned. :lol: Looking clean and spiffy out there!

Its so sad its the last class. I havent done any canning in a bit so this will be good. Thanks for link - Lets do this!

Love my patio.  Tomorrow it gets a coating of bug spray on hard surfaces.  Apparently the mosquitos love it too.  I'm running down to mom's tomorrow to trim her bushes and work her yard.  Craigs coming over and hopefully by the time I get home it will all be done.

9 minutes ago, cineater said:

Love my patio.  Tomorrow it gets a coating of bug spray on hard surfaces.  Apparently the mosquitos love it too.  I'm running down to mom's tomorrow to trim her bushes and work her yard.  Craigs coming over and hopefully by the time I get home it will all be done.

Im thinking about getting some citronella candles for my back porch. Lots of those wolf spiders out there too. 

I hope you have a nice time at your mom's. Incidentally, Im looking for a woman to do some of those same activities with :D

You wont know what to do with yourself when the bathrooms and sales are done!

I really did not anticipate that the instructor would be teaching us about bloody poo :lol:

12 minutes ago, cineater said:

Starting off with all the food poisoning you can get didn't encourage me to preserve my own food. :lol:

Haha, well thats actually something that I can maybe help with... the safe canning, I mean :lol:

This has been a trip. I learned lots. And gardening culture is so rad. Thanks so much for inviting me! Im looking forward to the Dr Tallamy talk on native plants in July :headbang:

Enjoyed class but I'm glad it's done.  The evenings are busy for me when the weather is nice.  I'll get back into evening stuff in July when it's too hot to be outside.

Damn, one of my string of lights went out.  Either it's wet or I loosen up one of the lights when I hit it with the power washer.  Either way, it was beautiful on the patio tonight.

Look out this morning and Lily is in the corner of the patio eating her latest kill.  Guess it's clean enough to eat off of. :lol:  Off to mom's to work on her yard.

Edited by cineater

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Enjoyed class but I'm glad it's done.  The evenings are busy for me when the weather is nice.  I'll get back into evening stuff in July when it's too hot to be outside.

Damn, one of my string of lights went out.  Either it's wet or I loosen up one of the lights when I hit it with the power washer.  Either way, it was beautiful on the patio tonight.

Look out this morning and Lily is in the corner of the patio eating her latest kill.  Guess it's clean enough to eat off of. :lol:  Off to mom's to work on her yard.

I hope the classes arent too expensive when they come back. But yeah, its not the time of year for gardeners to be away form the garden!

Your patio looks like the perfect sanctuary. Hope you can get the light sorted. I might try and do some work on my balcony today.

Hahaha, Lily! She knew just the use for your clean patio :lol: You put in some flowers for your mom on Mothers day, right? 

Now that my garden is all thinned I will be forming the individual watering 'holes', covered with straw. Should reduce watering by quite a bit... now that the heat waves over I do this? lol Better late then never!

Yeah but she thought the lavender were weeds and she pulled up most of them.  Got her bushes and tree trimmed.  poor little bird got its foot caught in the nest and was hanging upside down.  Rescued it but I don't think it is going to make it.

This is our last nice day before the heat sets in.  Leaf mulch was delivered to the garden this morning.  We traded Gary perennials for the use of his dump truck.  The mulch was free.  Marsha says it's hot, decomposing.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Yeah but she thought the lavender were weeds and she pulled up most of them.  Got her bushes and tree trimmed.  poor little bird got its foot caught in the nest and was hanging upside down.  Rescued it but I don't think it is going to make it.

This is our last nice day before the heat sets in.  Leaf mulch was delivered to the garden this morning.  We traded Gary perennials for the use of his dump truck.  The mulch was free.  Marsha says it's hot, decomposing.

Sucks about the lavender. Poor bird, it’s nice that you could at least make it more comfortable.

But, isn’t te leaf mulch you already had basically compost? I’d thought you want not hot leaf mulch?

i must have ate something off and I didn’t get much done at the garden before coming home, sick. 

It's free and we take what they give us.  Maybe it's better for the soil.  I feel like I shouldn't put as much on since it's compost.

Good progress on the bathrooms but there's still a little to do.  He'll be back Friday and finish up.  In the meantime I have two functioning showers!

Weir Wednesday, get better fast.

29 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's free and we take what they give us.  Maybe it's better for the soil.  I feel like I shouldn't put as much on since it's compost.

Good progress on the bathrooms but there's still a little to do.  He'll be back Friday and finish up.  In the meantime I have two functioning showers!

Weir Wednesday, get better fast.

That food preserving teacher must have jinxed me about food poisoning :lol: (not that this was from food I preserved of course! I think it was fresh salad greens) So far Im only feeling worse as time goes by. Cant miss Weir Wednesday though! Ugh.

Id be running both showers at once, just because I could! I cant wait to see the final rooms! 

I still suck at micro greens so I will be ordering some of the Orta pots that are self watering. They've more recently introduced a line of larger rectangular orta pots, and thats what Id get.

"Honey don't stop trying and you'll get what you deserve", lol.  You will get microgreens down!

They were talking about either adding salt or sugar to stuff to make sure those bacteria didn't grow in your food preservation.  I'm wondering if eating white crackers, which have a lot of salt, to make you feel better when you have an upset stomach has something to do with that.  What do you think?

Bobby starts at 7 or is it 8 for you?  https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=238

43 minutes ago, cineater said:

"Honey don't stop trying and you'll get what you deserve", lol.  You will get microgreens down!

They were talking about either adding salt or sugar to stuff to make sure those bacteria didn't grow in your food preservation.  I'm wondering if eating white crackers, which have a lot of salt, to make you feel better when you have an upset stomach has something to do with that.  What do you think?

Bobby starts at 7 or is it 8 for you?  https://nugs.tv/free/?showID=238

Hahahahaha! I need all the encouragement I can get with those micro greens :lol:

Thats a neat thought about the crackers. I have no idea but it seems like a good hypothesis. Just wish I had some crackers, now!

Here we go, The Music Never Stopped!! :dance:

Edit: I think you’re on to something about the salt! 

Edited by soon

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Okay that drummer can do whatever he wants, lol.  Looks like a god or something. :lol:

He’s a great background singer too. I’d pay to see him dangle Mickey Hart upside down :lol:

i finished that Grateful Dead doc btw. Now I know why you don’t like to talk too much about Jerry, especially towards the end. So very sad.

Neat Peggy O tonight!!

Edited by soon

Susan is going to buy flowers for her open house on Friday.  The open house isn't until the 19th but they are coming to take pictures.  Hopefully she can keep them alive until then.

I might watch that when it gets hotter.  It's just sad to hear the history of a band that's not around any more.

Yeah that's a Norse God.  He dwarfs that drum set.  His name is Jay Lane.

Edited by cineater

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Susan is going to buy flowers for her open house on Friday.  The open house isn't until the 19th but they are coming to take pictures.  Hopefully she can keep them alive until then.

I might watch that when it gets hotter.  It's just sad to hear the history of a band that's not around any more.

Send me dead flowers at my open house. What did she get?

Theres nothing you can hold for very long. They knew it early on, I guess? I also heard the Days Between and was a bit gutted! I thought there was lots of other neat stuff in the doc and some funner parts too. I think youd enjoy it.