Gardening

Gracii Guns

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

That was two points below frost point.  It freezes here at 32 and she said the plant was okay to 28.  I thought that was really interesting.  If you're really interesting I remember.

They can come at 10.  I'm moving this stuff out. :lol:  But I have some plants and Marsha has some.  I pull what she needs to complete an order and set it to the side so when she comes down with what she has we put the whole order together.  She's not suppose to come again until Sunday but we'll see.

We have the neighborhood block party today.  Mike was saying I should get Craig to move the trailer off the driveway.  Oh hell no, you people would all be over on my shady driveway.  We're going to be too hot to be out there cooking at 2.  Fortunately I have people coming over to get plants, lol.  I'll get my food and run for the AC.  They will be out there all night so I can socialize after the sun goes down.

Okay, but Im still blown away that people wanna come pick up plants Friday night at 10pm. Anyways... :lol:

Still havent checked plants. Especially worried for me tender lil' lentil shoots.

Well, you can wear your new Dead shirt to help everyone remember to social distance and remain at least 6 ft away from you! Thats fun, they'll love your shirt. You can also just eat your own food in your house since there is no way to keep a friggin' buffet at a black party safe. I just wanna shake you Boomers about this thing, sometimes!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::hug:

I wouldn't worry about the neighbors.  They are going to consume large quantities of alcohol.  We're kind of over covid here.  It's still around but apparently we're ignoring it.  Traffic is back to normal and the stores are packed.

Biggest orders are out the door.  And of course I got them to take a bit more. :lol:

59 minutes ago, cineater said:

I wouldn't worry about the neighbors.  They are going to consume large quantities of alcohol.  We're kind of over covid here.  It's still around but apparently we're ignoring it.  Traffic is back to normal and the stores are packed.

Biggest orders are out the door.  And of course I got them to take a bit more. :lol:

I don’t know how the fact that people will be drunk would make one worry less?! 

Youre good at those up-sales!! And you’d need to be so you have enough floor space to walk from room to room :lol:

Ive been listening to some Hornsby today and I still don’t get how he ended up playing with dead. Was funny in the pre show he also made a remark that rather undermined the band. Just like Marsalis did! Hornsby said that the band came to him to ask if they could play one of his songs at their shows. And that after about 6 performances he said basically “either we need to rehearse this more or I’d rather we stop playing it.” :rofl-lol: 

The neighbors pre partied last night.  They were up to 5.  Slow moving group today but none of us want to party at 2 in the afternoon anyway.  This party won't get started until the sun goes down.

I had to reprimand the pantry group again today.  They are running up to the gardens whenever.  The one guy's excuse was he got up there at 7.  That's fine but I have to keep track of who is on property in case we have to trace for covid exposure.  But it creeps me out because he knows I go at 7.  He's the guy who creeps me out to begin with and I go out of my way to avoid him.  Guess I will go in the evenings.

Plant sale is done for the day.  Sent you a poppy picture.  I have 3 orders not picking up till Monday but Marsha is dropping me off more orders tomorrow.  The hot water heater is still showing in transit to a UPS facility.  It has been showing that since Thursday.  Probably no chance it's getting here Monday.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

The neighbors pre partied last night.  They were up to 5.  Slow moving group today but none of us want to party at 2 in the afternoon anyway.  This party won't get started until the sun goes down.

I had to reprimand the pantry group again today.  They are running up to the gardens whenever.  The one guy's excuse was he got up there at 7.  That's fine but I have to keep track of who is on property in case we have to trace for covid exposure.  But it creeps me out because he knows I go at 7.  He's the guy who creeps me out to begin with and I go out of my way to avoid him.  Guess I will go in the evenings.

Plant sale is done for the day.  Sent you a poppy picture.  I have 3 orders not picking up till Monday but Marsha is dropping me off more orders tomorrow.  The hot water heater is still showing in transit to a UPS facility.  It has been showing that since Thursday.  Probably no chance it's getting here Monday.

Your neighbourhood sounds fun (minus virus!). Y'all always get down together which is really cool!

I kinda like that its the pantry group who are rebels :lol: Not to minimize the frustration of having that extra work and hassle. And Id imagine that there are consequence from the powers that be should you not have accurate data. And certainly not to minimize this fucking creeps impact on you. Can you, Marsha and Craig address that situation so that you dot have to change your schedule around this dick sock? You're the one and only reason Id cross over into Orange Man Land - just let me know and I will sit down with this garden creep for a memorable chat. Prolly spank Del while Im there too, right? :shrugs: :lol: (Disclaimer: If Im granted entry into USA that is :lol:)

You can put your feet up for a minute now. Well deserved. Those poppies are gorgeous. Y'know I wouldnt have thought they were poppies - I just have in mind the lapels we where for Remembrance Day which look different than those ones. Love that pink.

Ahh - I hate watching package tracking. Especially when its not moving! Sometimes Ive found that tracking isnt always accurate. Ive found deliveries in my mail box that showed as still being in transit on tracking. Fingers crossed for you! I ordered a one of a kind tie dye! :shades: Given that its from a Tie Dye maker on Etsy, it should arrive like 'whenever man, chill' just like the worm farm :lol:

Edited by soon

Zack's a good cook.  Sold a few more plants to people at the party.  The kid is on her way over.  Once she shows up I'll let her represent the family. :lol:

Im late to the show, was making croutons and I got lost in the joy of it all!

I hope you have been relieved of duty after enjoying some tasty food so you can watch the show! Id like to go to Lockn festival one day. I hate that I'll never get to see Dead. 

Slow and trips start to the show!

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

Little bit late but the party is on break until the real drinking starts.  Good food, brats, hot dogs, grilled pineapple and pork ribs.  I'm stuffed plus potato salad and cheesecake.

Sounds so good :drool: Pork and pineapple.. and grilled, c'mon!! If that were all the things of life. Im convinced that I make the best potato salad so I cant celebrate your luck there :lol:. Cheesecake is over the top. Only thing better would have been carrot cake, right? And yes, you are all brats :P

This show has some Weir Wednesdays type Weir going! And to my ears most songs feel just a touch, if not more, slower in tempo. Its working imho. Slow and slick Uncle Johns Band was neat :headbang:

They're having fun!

Those coneflowers are not looking any better.  Too bad they were nice plants before this happened.

Everybody has trucked in and out of my house today to see the bathrooms.  If I get covid you can't say I didn't have it coming.

The whole band is jumping on Not Fade Away except Bobby.

Edited by cineater

29 minutes ago, cineater said:

They're having fun!

Those coneflowers are not looking any better.  Too bad they were nice plants before this happened.

Everybody has trucked in and out of my house today to see the bathrooms.  If I get covid you can't say I didn't have it coming.

The whole band is jumping on Not Fade Away except Bobby.

Its because Bobby is wearing full sized shorts and the extra material is holding him down.

Sorry to hear about those coneflowers. What do you think it was? Did you get to talk to Donna?

Ripple :heart: RIP Robert Hunter

Edited by soon

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm going to have Marsha look at them.  They are dying from the top and that's never good.

Strange. Kinda fun to solve a mystery at least?

I made it so close to the end of the show, I swear! lol

My outdoor mat arrived. So I will begin to transform my balcony into a working space today! The floor isn't solid so if I do any work out there debris, or water, or whatever is likely to fall down through the cracks onto my neighbours head and balcony furniture. Now I can go full steam ahead without worry! Flowers if I get to them in time but Mushroom logs are first :dance:Im putting a clothes drying rack out there, and chopped wood and twigs are stacked an curing just like larger, traditional fire wood stacks. Thats for my camp stove, which creates and stores thermal energy to charge devices and lights, and produces ash which I can use to make glue and as an alkalizer. And I plan to expand my solar energy capacity out there too. Party!!

Speaking of parties, is everyone in your neighbourhood hungover except for you? 

Id be showing off those new bathrooms too. I bet people were impressed!

Edited by soon

Well, if you don't fall through onto your neighbor's balcony sounds good.  Haven't seen my neighbors out and about yet.

Spent 3 hours up at the garden mulching my beds.  My zinnias and mexican petunias have volunteered to come back this year.  Kevin sprayed Roundup and hit a few of my plants and few other peoples.  It's Kevin, what can you do?  I have lots of work to do up there.  The daylilies are starting to bloom.  My butterfly weed is gorgeous. The geraniums in front of the greenhouse really make a statement and those containers are still moist!

Well, if you don't fall through onto your neighbor's balcony sounds good.  Haven't seen my neighbors out and about yet.

Spent 3 hours up at the garden mulching my beds.  My zinnias and mexican petunias have volunteered to come back this year.  Kevin sprayed Roundup and hit a few of my plants and few other peoples.  It's Kevin, what can you do?  I have lots of work to do up there.  The daylilies are starting to bloom.  My butterfly weed is gorgeous. The geraniums in front of the greenhouse really make a statement and those containers are still moist!

HAHA, Im living on the edge! Im happy with how its coming together out there, will send pics when I take some. The drying rack is tall so I hope no busy bodies will decide to make that into an issue - calling it an eye sore or whatever.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend 3 hours. Are you gonna accept the zinnias and mexican petunias to return? Oh Kevin, LOL. I hope the work you did in revise years to de-weed the daylily beds is starting to pay off? Any kitties in there?

Id love to see that butterfly weed?! Yeah, those geraniums out front are striking. Fuck yeah, moist containers!

I need to thin out my black beans tomorrow. Hopefully I can find them new homes. My strongest and tallest lentil is in the back in shade. This is unexpected. Having fun with that. Most people have their gardens up and running and it was perfect weather to stroll around and see whats up. Was nice.

I want to weed whack the butterfly weed bed before I take it's picture. :lol:  On tap for tomorrow.  I take any volunteers although they may get rehomed.  These can stay where they are.  I was counting on the zinnias that's their bed.  Didn't dream the mexican petunia would self seed.

Er, the green path is indistinguishable from the rest of the grass.  I'm going to need to work on that.

And just when I think I'm back in the garden.  I'm doing the perennial of the week.  We'll talk about all it's features and then see who wants to buy one.  I'm living a nightmare called the never ending plant sale.

Aw, Slash's cat died.

I did get up there and weed whacked but forgot to take the picture.  I used a moisture meter on the geraniums in the plastic bags.  Nobody needed watering!  A couple of them were a little wetter than I wanted.  They are sitting in full sun all day.  I did check some of my other posts and they were in the moist range.  Maybe it's my homemade potting soil that holds up in the heat.

Okay, finger crossed this is the week the bathrooms and water heater are done!

Edited by cineater

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I want to weed whack the butterfly weed bed before I take it's picture. :lol:  On tap for tomorrow.  I take any volunteers although they may get rehomed.  These can stay where they are.  I was counting on the zinnias that's their bed.  Didn't dream the mexican petunia would self seed.

Er, the green path is indistinguishable from the rest of the grass.  I'm going to need to work on that.

And just when I think I'm back in the garden.  I'm doing the perennial of the week.  We'll talk about all it's features and then see who wants to buy one.  I'm living a nightmare called the never ending plant sale.

Aw, Slash's cat died.

I did get up there and weed whacked but forgot to take the picture.  I used a moisture meter on the geraniums in the plastic bags.  Nobody needed watering!  A couple of them were a little wetter than I wanted.  They are sitting in full sun all day.  I did check some of my other posts and they were in the moist range.  Maybe it's my homemade potting soil that holds up in the heat.

Okay, finger crossed this is the week the bathrooms and water heater are done!

Fair enough, I can relate to wanting to weed first :lol:

Oh no, the green path!! Get that back on track.

Its the Groundhog day of plant sales :lol:

Beaker better never die :( 

I want a moisture meter. Are they digital? I bet it is your homemade potting soil :headbang:

This is the week all your renos are done, I can feel it!

I got up early ready to take on the day. Then I encountered humans and all their bullshit. Like 5 jerks before the sun was all the way up! lol. And it seems likely that I had another package stolen. And if so it was a fucking expensive item too. But time will tel on that front. What is for sure is that people are beyond ridiculous and Im more than happy to stay home. Plenty to do here anyways. Like, adults needlessly make excuses for tasks gone undone and they cant even come up with adult accuses and present them in an adult manner. It frankly embarrassing just to witness taking place. And in one case, the dude just moves along the conversation and asks "Drinks tonight?" ... Im speechless, go fuck yourself. How about that instead?? :facepalm: Anyways, you've got more than enough 'people' BS to deal with than to have me add to it with my moaning... :lol:

Lockdown for life!!!!

I was going to say you're up early but I see you haven't had your coffee yet.  :lol:

It's just a cheap meter from the greenhouse.  Keeps me from getting dirt under my nails not that the leaf mulch hasn't permanently stained them.

Marsha says not a stem rot.  When she found the plants they were completely dry.  We've moved them to quarantine.  The stems aren't soft where they are black.  I'm thinking it may still happen.  If it was just dried out all the leaves would be dying and it's only the top.  They are completely dead on the top.  Donna has a couple in the hoop house that look the same way.  Something stopped the plant from taking everything to the top.

Hate when my cats die.

11 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was going to say you're up early but I see you haven't had your coffee yet.  :lol:

It's just a cheap meter from the greenhouse.  Keeps me from getting dirt under my nails not that the leaf mulch hasn't permanently stained them.

Marsha says not a stem rot.  When she found the plants they were completely dry.  We've moved them to quarantine.  The stems aren't soft where they are black.  I'm thinking it may still happen.  If it was just dried out all the leaves would be dying and it's only the top.  They are completely dead on the top.  Donna has a couple in the hoop house that look the same way.  Something stopped the plant from taking everything to the top.

Hate when my cats die.

:lol:

And thats another thing! :D I made a bulk order of coffee with a buddy and he wanted to get it delivered to his place. Ive been asking for 3 days to get a new bag. And this morning Im out of coffee... no coffee. Just because buying things together is too much for people to handle apparently :fuckyou:. Should I just go back to bed for the day? :lol:

Thats so weird about that disease. Will be interesting to solve at least? 

You need to walk down to the closest gas station and get the large size coffee. :lol:  The world is a better place after you've had some coffee.

I'm collecting more Columbine seeds.  So far Marsha has stopped in, one plant sale and Craig is here working on the bathrooms.  I got an invite to go with somebody somewhere, hell no.  I'm peopled out.  And it's such a lovely day just to be home with the cats playing in the yard.

You need to walk down to the closest gas station and get the large size coffee. :lol:  The world is a better place after you've had some coffee.

I'm collecting more Columbine seeds.  So far Marsha has stopped in, one plant sale and Craig is here working on the bathrooms.  I got an invite to go with somebody somewhere, hell no.  I'm peopled out.  And it's such a lovely day just to be home with the cats playing in the yard.

I really do - an extra large! :lol: I just look forward to a world where that is a safe and easy proposition for me - let alone the glorious coffee itself! :lol: My package wasn’t stolen and I now have it. It’s secret but I will send pics! So I’m much happier now!

I bet you are peopled out! I would be like a month ago!!

hope your enjoying the day with your cats!! My guy loves me so much today :) was holding him on my fancy new balcony - he seemed genuinely pleased with the no digs.

at garden. I watered, now what? Now nothing... grrrr, 2020 is killing me 

Edited by soon

Craig is done until the water heater comes in and then he will call in his crew to finish off the bathrooms while they install the heater.  It's still on it's way to UPS in Ohio.  I'll call tomorrow if something doesn't update today.

I was down to one plant order to have picked up and Marsha called with two more.  I may run up to the gardens tonight and work for a bit but I hate to get all dirty only to come home and take a cold bath in the kitchen sink. :lol:

Waiting on the pics.  Did I mention the neighbor in Mike's hot tub in her underwear?  He enjoyed it.

Craig is done until the water heater comes in and then he will call in his crew to finish off the bathrooms while they install the heater.  It's still on it's way to UPS in Ohio.  I'll call tomorrow if something doesn't update today.

I was down to one plant order to have picked up and Marsha called with two more.  I may run up to the gardens tonight and work for a bit but I hate to get all dirty only to come home and take a cold bath in the kitchen sink. :lol:

Waiting on the pics.  Did I mention the neighbor in Mike's hot tub in her underwear?  He enjoyed it.

Man, I was hoping it would arrive today and be installed tomorrow. Soon. hehe

Youll neer get to stop filing plant orders and you know it! :lol: You need some of my shower wipes! lol

I got side tracked from porch work and sent those pics for now. Will send porch pics soon.

Go on Mike. I bet he did. I bet she did too. Your neighbourhood gets wild together, eh?? :lol: