Gardening

Gracii Guns

51 minutes ago, cineater said:

Hate splinters!  Del called, he's back in town, oh joy.

At least he needs to keep a 6 ft distance!

chance of rain, but only right now and then it passes. I really hope it rains. Lazy Saturday with the window cracked to enjoy the breeze, and watering by the jar is no fun at all.

We use to water by bucket, I hear you.  Del loves to blow up your phone.  The poor goji berries need to get in the ground.  They don't like having their tap root confined to a pot.  At least not a little one.

I've been trying to be lazy too.  The phone keeps going off.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

We use to water by bucket, I hear you.  Del loves to blow up your phone.  The poor goji berries need to get in the ground.  They don't like having their tap root confined to a pot.  At least not a little one.

I've been trying to be lazy too.  The phone keeps going off.

Ill be interested to hear about the goji berries more as the season goes along - would love to grow some if possible. Hope you are getting to chill. Im listening to roast battles and trying to invent new crackers with garden flavours.

I dont see a show for tonight on YT?

My stream keeps cutting in and out.  Your stream must be behind where mine is.  We are on Althea. 

I'm working on cleaning up plant tags.  There's a bunch of them.  Either I have ti rip off the sticker or erase the writing and clean them and run them through bleach water.

Edited by cineater

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

My stream keeps cutting in and out.  Your stream must be behind where mine is.  We are on Althea. 

Mines been in and out too, and by chance Im on Althea now too! Nice :headbang: I like this take.

Looking ahead at the weather for next Friday.  High of 80.  It would have been a perfect day for the kid's wedding.

No sooner than I get a batch of plant tags all cleaned up then I find more!  I did get Joe to take the Malabar Spinach to plant at the ends of the amendment bins.  That has been my thing for years.  Part of plan not to pick up all the slack at the gardens.  All my plans are coming back to me.  I had just kind of let them go.

Nice show.  Casey Jones was running hot tonight.

Ugh, space drums. And the drummers arent even really playing much of it, lol.

33 minutes ago, cineater said:

Looking ahead at the weather for next Friday.  High of 80.  It would have been a perfect day for the kid's wedding.

No sooner than I get a batch of plant tags all cleaned up then I find more!  I did get Joe to take the Malabar Spinach to plant at the ends of the amendment bins.  That has been my thing for years.  Part of plan not to pick up all the slack at the gardens.  All my plans are coming back to me.  I had just kind of let them go.

Nice show.  Casey Jones was running hot tonight.

Oh wow, the wedding wouldve been next week. How is everyone doing?

Did it feel good to give up that task after so many years? 

Yeah until space drums it was a nice show... :lol:

She marked the new date as being a year away when that happened.  It's kind of out of our minds at the moment except the dates that would have been when those show up.  We're planning a grily birthday, massages and pedicures.

It was good to give it up but then I've been watching it go undone. :lol:  I would have had those plants in last month.  It's his first year, there's a learning period.  He's pretty excited about his new weed wacker so if he just keeps the weeds down it will look decent.

He's afraid the county won't give us any money for the Extension to continue with the property.  I am too.  So do I stay and try to rally the troops to try to make the place more valuable in the county's eyes or do I just accept the writing on the wall that no matter what we do there isn't going to be any money for the Extension?  If they would have let me build that outdoor classroom I could have turned it into a small wedding venue.  But then again, the person who shit all over my wanting us to have a social media committee just renamed it and says we need to have one.  I guess I'm getting through but it might be too late.  Things you think about during space and drums. :lol:

chickens are garden related, no?

so I had to separate the den in two halves, using green chicken wire. The dominant chicken is picking the other one in the eye. One eye is infected and closed. We're applying antibiotics but so far it doesnt really help. The dominant chicken was alread picking the healthy eye too. I couldnt stand it anymore, so now both chickens are sperated, but still next to each other. I also made a separate sleeping place for the weakened chicken, so she can recover in all peace.

I also need to keep track of when they want to lay an egg, because there is only one egg place. I need to switch my chickens to the proper zone, when one is ready to lay an egg.

I'm having my hands full with these ladies. It's becoming a full time job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cineater said:

She marked the new date as being a year away when that happened.  It's kind of out of our minds at the moment except the dates that would have been when those show up.  We're planning a grily birthday, massages and pedicures.

It was good to give it up but then I've been watching it go undone. :lol:  I would have had those plants in last month.  It's his first year, there's a learning period.  He's pretty excited about his new weed wacker so if he just keeps the weeds down it will look decent.

He's afraid the county won't give us any money for the Extension to continue with the property.  I am too.  So do I stay and try to rally the troops to try to make the place more valuable in the county's eyes or do I just accept the writing on the wall that no matter what we do there isn't going to be any money for the Extension?  If they would have let me build that outdoor classroom I could have turned it into a small wedding venue.  But then again, the person who shit all over my wanting us to have a social media committee just renamed it and says we need to have one.  I guess I'm getting through but it might be too late.  Things you think about during space and drums. :lol:

Girly birthday sounds perfect. What a bonkers time to be alive.

I doubt anyone will live up to the bar that you set in that role. :) 

Anyone who who shits on the idea to have a social media presence (especially during budget crunches) needs to be placed in the creek! :lol: Man, I mourn that you didnt get to build the outdoor classroom. That would have been incredible. It would have brought in all sorts of people, enthusiasm and money. What a waste. Haha, yes, the mind turns its attention to solving the worlds problems while Mickey toys with his NASA drums :lol:

Good show.

Remember when I made Marsha all those potheads?  She never did anything with them and decided she didn't want them.  She put all of them, in a pile, some broken, up at the front of the greenhouse to give them back to me.  You know it pisses me off when they use the front of the greenhouse as a junkyard.  And I made those up to get rid of the pots.  I made those up to get rid of them, not get them back! :lol:  So as you saw by the picture, I have a use for them.  I hope they come to life and scream at anybody who tries to set junk in front of the greenhouse!

When I'm on a roll, you just need to go with it.  Support me or get the fuck out of the way.  Sometime in the future, it all comes together and you'll be glad I did it.  They don't know that about me.  They've seen it happen but they don't know the part they need to play. :lol:

I do need a girly birthday so we can do all that during the day and I can be back here in time for Friday night Dead.

52 minutes ago, cineater said:

Remember when I made Marsha all those potheads?  She never did anything with them and decided she didn't want them.  She put all of them, in a pile, some broken, up at the front of the greenhouse to give them back to me.  You know it pisses me off when they use the front of the greenhouse as a junkyard.  And I made those up to get rid of the pots.  I made those up to get rid of them, not get them back! :lol:  So as you saw by the picture, I have a use for them.  I hope they come to life and scream at anybody who tries to set junk in front of the greenhouse!

When I'm on a roll, you just need to go with it.  Support me or get the fuck out of the way.  Sometime in the future, it all comes together and you'll be glad I did it.  They don't know that about me.  They've seen it happen but they don't know the part they need to play. :lol:

I do need a girly birthday so we can do all that during the day and I can be back here in time for Friday night Dead.

I cant believe she didnt want the potheads!! And too place them in a pile :max:. The potheads are perfect out front the greenhouse, welcoming the good folks and starring daggers at those leaving junk in front of the greenhouse! I guess you were destined to be with the potheads... Hey maybe thats why youre a deadhead too? :lol:

Those people need to learn their role!! :lol:

Im so pumped to share in your birthday show! :headbang:This is great! Who would be your dream guest for the preshow on your birthday?

Some of my lentil transplants dried out and Im not sure if some will be able to bounce back. Still adding more either way. Beans... you werent kidding, they are everywhere already. Just shooting up! Made little watering pools for each plant so my jar watering will be more efficient and quick.

Not any of the drummers. :lol:  By far it would have been Robert Hunter out of everybody with the Dead.  I only follow 3 still living musicians.  Keith, yeah still living, doesn't like the Dead.  Axl, who knows what he thinks about the Dead.  That leaves Willie Nelson.  He's got some stories he hasn't told anybody.  But I can meet some new folks.

Forgot to mention the containers in front of the greenhouse were moist.  They've been out there in full, beating down on you sun, for two days.  I planted them with those plastic bag liners.  I think that's going to work.

This toothache is not going away.  I keep hoping it's a sinus infection.  It doesn't hurt as much but I keep thinking I'm going to have to lay out a bunch of cash at the dentist and still not be happy.

23 minutes ago, cineater said:

Not any of the drummers. :lol:  By far it would have been Robert Hunter out of everybody with the Dead.  I only follow 3 still living musicians.  Keith, yeah still living, doesn't like the Dead.  Axl, who knows what he thinks about the Dead.  That leaves Willie Nelson.  He's got some stories he hasn't told anybody.  But I can meet some new folks.

Forgot to mention the containers in front of the greenhouse were moist.  They've been out there in full, beating down on you sun, for two days.  I planted them with those plastic bag liners.  I think that's going to work.

This toothache is not going away.  I keep hoping it's a sinus infection.  It doesn't hurt as much but I keep thinking I'm going to have to lay out a bunch of cash at the dentist and still not be happy.

Hahaha, Mickey... Smh :lol:. Robert Hunter would be an amazing guest, RIP. Keith doesnt like the Dead... Uhh...Thats silly of him :lol:. Ive been listen to this Willie cover lately. Surprising since I loathe Coldplay, but his take is cool imho,

(Licensed YT auto-generated)

Im enjoying meeting some of the more behind the scenes people too.

Glad those liners are working so well! :headbang:

Toothaches are the worst! You need to use a NETI pot to clear out your sinuses then, it the only solution :shrugs::lol:

I just plucked out where their were two bean stalks growing in the same hole. And i transplanted the ones I plucked. I'm sure I must have damaged them as I pulled the roots apart, but hopefully they will survive. I see one lone cabbage so far.