Gardening

Gracii Guns

9 minutes ago, cineater said:

Storm must have missed me I didn't get much.  These are dropping in from the north on us.  Those are kind of unpredictable what they will do.

Sounds good - unless you were counting on the rain? To bad you missed bbq though. We had more rain forecast then we’ve been getting too. 

The plants in ground are wet but containers and raised beds could use the rain.  We were fucking hot and humid today.

Might be able to get the tankless for $300 after rebates from the gas company and a tax credit.  If that's the one Craig picks.  Did a little research myself not that I know what I'm looking at, lol.  Reading customer reviews.

13 minutes ago, cineater said:

The plants in ground are wet but containers and raised beds could use the rain.  We were fucking hot and humid today.

Might be able to get the tankless for $300 after rebates from the gas company and a tax credit.  If that's the one Craig picks.  Did a little research myself not that I know what I'm looking at, lol.  Reading customer reviews.

Intermission 

thats great about the tankless heater! How do those work then? If the customer reviews include an explanation of the technology? Haha

i was worried my bed wasn’t getting enough water for the seeds to germinate but I’m fairly sure I saw some beans peeking through today.

If that's them, they will be up tomorrow.  I swear you can almost watch those grow.  Do not turn your back on a bean seed, lol.

I don't know how those work.  I remember when Bumblefoot got his and he was real happy with it.  Promissed you could stay in the shower as long as you wanted and not run out of hot water.

Steal your face right off your head, lol.

9 minutes ago, cineater said:

If that's them, they will be up tomorrow.  I swear you can almost watch those grow.  Do not turn your back on a bean seed, lol.

I don't know how those work.  I remember when Bumblefoot got his and he was real happy with it.  Promissed you could stay in the shower as long as you wanted and not run out of hot water.

Steal your face right off your head, lol.

I’m behind you in the show - that line just happened for me. Real turn of phrase, eh? :lol:

Will be relieved to see growth after these squirrels.

Nice! Ive gotta get some of Bumblefoots hot sauce too. 

9 hours ago, cineater said:

He may have stopped the song but the crowd didn't. :lol:

Not sure we were on the right show but that was good.

Good show. Yeah, I don’t think it was the right show either, but we enjoyed it anyways! 

Haha - the crowd insists “the music never stops!!” :lol:

theres still Dead Friday and Saturday I hope?

Those were included in the email so I assume so.  I didn't see a fund raiser with it.

Stormy night but not much rain out of it.  If Craig can keep from having to go out and repair air conditioners, the bathroom should really come together today.  He had two AC's to work on after he left my house yesterday.  Cindy brought him over a bunch of tomatoes and pepper plants he had to leave here so they wouldn't burn up in the truck.  I don't know when this guy finds the time to garden.

8 minutes ago, cineater said:

Those were included in the email so I assume so.  I didn't see a fund raiser with it.

Stormy night but not much rain out of it.  If Craig can keep from having to go out and repair air conditioners, the bathroom should really come together today.  He had two AC's to work on after he left my house yesterday.  Cindy brought him over a bunch of tomatoes and pepper plants he had to leave here so they wouldn't burn up in the truck.  I don't know when this guy finds the time to garden.

Oh good!! I want the streams to go forever :headbang:

I hope he can get the grouting done today! This is exciting! Soon is the word on your awesome new bathrooms!

We musta had a storm over night too, as I had to reboot everything when I woke up this morning as if the power had been out. Im picturing the squirrels being flown away in a tornado :lol: I dont think I recall Cindy - what are they busy with other than gardening?

Im making macaroons with cricket powder today :wow:

Cricket powder?  You are a brave man!

Cindy and Neal are owners of a farm that has been in their family over 100 years.  They are most active in our growing group and just busy with all kinds of other shit.

Soon is not the word. :lol:  The tankless has to be ordered and won't be in until the 15th.  They are not Amazon.  I am on the shower tour. :lol:  Showering at everyone's house.

Speaking of squirrels, Craig wants to build a squirrel house.  Didn't know squirrels would nest in man made houses but they do.  It's actually a way to deter them to an area where they can live and not bother you.  Listening to his description, it's going to be a squirrel mansion.  My suggestion would be to put it in the neighbor's yard. :lol:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, cineater said:

Cricket powder?  You are a brave man!

Cindy and Neal are owners of a farm that has been in their family over 100 years.  They are most active in our growing group and just busy with all kinds of other shit.

Soon is not the word. :lol:  The tankless has to be ordered and won't be in until the 15th.  They are not Amazon.  I am on the shower tour. :lol:  Showering at everyone's house.

Speaking of squirrels, Craig wants to build a squirrel house.  Didn't know squirrels would nest in man made houses but they do.  It's actually a way to deter them to an area where they can live and not bother you.  Listening to his description, it's going to be a squirrel mansion.  My suggestion would be to put it in the neighbor's yard. :lol:

Brave, maybe, but not smart... Ive been putting this off for days because of the math involved in subbing in the crickets for various other ingredients. By volume, not weight, and all that business.

The shower tour continues :lol: You should get t shirts made. It will be more than worth it once they are finished :headbang:

If you want to build a squirrel house, don't you just build a bird house and watch the squirrels take it over right away? lol. Hope that works - sounds great! Squirrels with mansions wear monocles too. Im 96% certain of this. :lol:

38 minutes ago, cineater said:

Silly squirrels. :lol:

Those gallon pots sell for $4.  That's damn cheap.  I'm going to be selling those out.

They didn’t get all my beans - some are sprouting!! This means I’m right about all these little leaves too. Yay! Here setting up my trellising for lentils.

$4?!? Man I could buy from you and pay for shipping, it’d still be more affordable! You will sell out fast!

48 minutes ago, cineater said:

New rules, we can have 10 people and masks only for social distancing.  Yeah!

For your listening pleasure.

That is a jam! Thanks :headbang: 

Loving the JGB!!

Those new rules should make managing the garden personel a bit funner?

Edited by soon

I gotta find out if that’s Jerry on the banjo solo?! been listening to this so much that my phone overheated and shut down :headbang:

Fertilized my flowering perennials. Set up over a 3rd of the trellis. Transplanted whats left of my lentil seedlings. The trellis is just sticks and twine, but at last I got to drill a new belt hole and am hanging more shelving today... even more spice racks :facepalm::lol:. Along those lines I brought home some chives and winter savoury for my bakes potato. I cannot wait for my solar oven - baking a potato was a very poor decision on a summers day like today :lol:

Edited by soon

I knew it was still happening, but Im happy to have the vid up and ready to prove it after the Weir thing :headbang:

89 show from Phillys RFK stadium. Been released on home video before apparently. The Dead and Co bassist, Oteal, is the guest for the preshow.

Hope my lentil transplants survived the night. Lentil seedlings are a fragile thing (but mine are mighty).

53 minutes ago, cineater said:

Music night!  I swear every Dead concert is on line.

I've had my shower and breakfast.  Not only am I checking out people's showers, I get to try all their fancy smelling soaps. :lol:

Im stoked for tonights show! And its 2 weeks from your bday! Yay - you get a Friday birthday!! With Dead if you want it :headbang:

Haha! Scrubba dub dub, smelling like fancy-people suds :lol:

My lentils survived and thrived. 

Oh good.  I'm sending 3 of my cabbages home with Craig.  They are in hanging baskets and just don't have the room to grow.  I have one in a big container that is three times the size these are.

They are putting my bathroom completely together today!  Stay tune for pictures.  I got an email the water heater shipped so it may get here before the 15th.  It's in Ohio right now.

49 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh good.  I'm sending 3 of my cabbages home with Craig.  They are in hanging baskets and just don't have the room to grow.  I have one in a big container that is three times the size these are.

They are putting my bathroom completely together today!  Stay tune for pictures.  I got an email the water heater shipped so it may get here before the 15th.  It's in Ohio right now.

Craig will be happy to get those cabbage. I’m excited to see if my cabbage germinates - old seeds.

im so excited to see the pics! And I’m so happy for you!!! :headbang:and just two weeks for the heater. You’ll be all set in no time!!