Gardening

Gracii Guns

I'm bummed.  It didn't ship today.  If it ships tomorrow, it will be Friday before it gets here.  I'd call but you wait on hold forever and they can't tell you any more then what's on line.  Craig only has one day of work left on the bathrooms but needs to move onto other jobs.  He'll be back once it comes in.  That's okay, I can't take a shower any way.

I was thinking I probably would have killed Mike if that had been me.  Not getting my underwear wet.  Yeah I'd been naked. :lol:

Got rid of my last order but I'm onto the two new orders todays last call generated.  But with the guys not here all day, what do I do.  Cleaning is out as the house is still messed up.  Can't power wash as the plants are still on the patio.  Should go up to the gardens but don't want to get all hot and sweaty.

28 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm bummed.  It didn't ship today.  If it ships tomorrow, it will be Friday before it gets here.  I'd call but you wait on hold forever and they can't tell you any more then what's on line.  Craig only has one day of work left on the bathrooms but needs to move onto other jobs.  He'll be back once it comes in.  That's okay, I can't take a shower any way.

I was thinking I probably would have killed Mike if that had been me.  Not getting my underwear wet.  Yeah I'd been naked. :lol:

Got rid of my last order but I'm onto the two new orders todays last call generated.  But with the guys not here all day, what do I do.  Cleaning is out as the house is still messed up.  Can't power wash as the plants are still on the patio.  Should go up to the gardens but don't want to get all hot and sweaty.

Yeah, that really sucks. Hopefully the waiting is the hardest part. 

Hahahahahaha! Im sure Mike would have been more than pleased with that too! 

I hate when life is kinda all out of service like that. One job makes it too cluttered to do the other job. Can be quite miserable even.

I just had a sit on my developing back porch. Its nice out there. Very close to a neighbours window so I can here them when they have it open. And Im no longer concerned that they will make a fuss. They sounded as playful as always when they said hi and cracked a joke. My miniature fire wood pile would make a fun art project I think. Its cute looking :lol: No light for pics out there now. Pics tomorrow, promise!

That Dead series is fun, if you feel like watching something. 

The heater shipped!  UPS says by the 17th.  I'm going to be able to take a long hot shower on my birthday maybe even try soaking in the tub.

I did go up to the gardens.  Our leaf mulch is more like leaf compost.  I have 3/4 of the side of the building to get in order.  I was out there till it got dark.  Lovely up there.  June evenings are always beautiful here.

I guess I better start paying attention to GNR again.  Totally out of the loop.

OMG, it left Ohio and is on it's way to Chicago.

They are moving this package.  It left Chicago this morning and is on its way to St Louis!

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

The heater shipped!  UPS says by the 17th.  I'm going to be able to take a long hot shower on my birthday maybe even try soaking in the tub.

I did go up to the gardens.  Our leaf mulch is more like leaf compost.  I have 3/4 of the side of the building to get in order.  I was out there till it got dark.  Lovely up there.  June evenings are always beautiful here.

I guess I better start paying attention to GNR again.  Totally out of the loop.

OMG, it left Ohio and is on it's way to Chicago.

They are moving this package.  It left Chicago this morning and is on its way to St Louis!

It should arrive to you in no time! This is great!! Hot water for your birthday!! :headbang::dance::axl92:

I guess the difference between how leaf mulch acts and leaf compost acts is pretty drastic?

38 minutes ago, cineater said:

Lily is bummed there is nothing going on at the house today. :lol:  I'm off to the garden!  The students are emailing for assignments and it looks like I'm headed for fully staffed with assistances.

Poor lily. The come down can be the hardest part. Well, in the coming days you taking showers will seem like a new adventure to her too :lol:

great news about the students!!

i offered a struggling gardener the seedlings I’m thinning out of my garden. She’s texts back this morning for me to “be there by 9am” Excuse me?!? How did my generosity transform her into my boss?? Is this an unknown symptom of covid - that everyone became a jerk?:lol: 

I was sleeping at 9am and now Im too busy measuring where and when I get sun light on my balcony, thank you very much. It’s hard work involving coffee, a note pad, Grateful Dead and kittens. :lol: And best practices dictates that one cooks hot wings at the same time :headbang::lol:

(Yes coffee was dropped at my door late last night!!!)

Lockdown for life!!:axl:

Yeah text her back and tell her what time.  You can always put them in a plastic shopping bag in the shade and leave them by her bed.

The heater is in St Louis!  Probably won't come out until tomorrow.

If it wasn't clear enough by my email to the leads, it is now.  Your lead is back in the gardens.  My main beds are coming together quick.  The ones they see.  Not that they work any harder when they see me but the place just isn't the same without me.  I'm almost always there and the one consistent thing they can count on.  Plus I always let them just babble away to me about their beds.

A few wheelbarrows and I'm up and running.  Get ready for some pictures.  The daylilies are blooming!  And I've been working my beds.  Damn it's hot out there.

I'm flitty.  The car and I are getting ready to take a bath together. :lol:

Edited by cineater

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah text her back and tell her what time.  You can always put them in a plastic shopping bag in the shade and leave them by her bed.

The heater is in St Louis!  Probably won't come out until tomorrow.

If it wasn't clear enough by my email to the leads, it is now.  Your lead is back in the gardens.  My main beds are coming together quick.  The ones they see.  Not that they work any harder when they see me but the place just isn't the same without me.  I'm almost always there and the one consistent thing they can count on.  Plus I always let them just babble away to me about their beds.

A few wheelbarrows and I'm up and running.  Get ready for some pictures.  The daylilies are blooming!  And I've been working my beds.  Damn it's hot out there.

I'm flitty.  The car and I are getting ready to take a bath together. :lol:

I texted her a suggested span of time this evening and her response was "its okay, we can wait until you are feeling better." Hmmm, I did not feel bad or tell her I felt bad :lol: Okay, captain, someone else is getting your seedlings.... good luck with your sand box :lol:

Shit yeah, heater!!! Get there! Tomorrow at the latest! Soon I wont even be able to smell you from here :lol:

Reclaim that garden, Cin! "Guess who's, back again? Cin is back. Tell a friend... saying 'This looks like a job for me, so everybody just follow me, it just feels so empty with out me'"

Those flowers pics are gorgeous!!! Really lush dayliliies!!! :drool: I just wen back to ask about specific flowers, and saw you emailed to tell me what they are - thanks so much!! I love them all! And finally you arent so so far ahead of us that I can only be jealous! lol I dig those butterfly weeds. They all look so happy and healthy.

My chamomile has spread far and wide outside of my bed! Eeek, they are like 20 feet away... on the ground... people will moan for sure :facepalm:

Put the top down and go through the car wash. :ph34r::awesomeface:B-)

Can you please explain to me in more detail how to use a plastic bag for the seedlings? Is there art in the bag, etc? "Pretend" Im an idiot.:smiley-confused2:

I just put all the things I'm transporting for transplanting in plastic bags.  They have to have soil with them.  They sit in those bags in the shade until you can get to them.  Give them a little water.

Looks like free chamomile people just dig it up.

My daughter loves Em.  Sent you the link to tonight's class.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I just put all the things I'm transporting for transplanting in plastic bags.  They have to have soil with them.  They sit in those bags in the shade until you can get to them.  Give them a little water.

Looks like free chamomile people just dig it up.

My daughter loves Em.  Sent you the link to tonight's class.

Mine wouldn’t have much soil though, I’m digging g them up from my garden - not pots. Roots would be largely exposed. Still workable?

i barely know Em but that songs hook reminds me of you at the garden!

man, the sun is so rad!!

thanks for link! Looking forward to it. You could teach all these, especially this one! Are you still planing to attend?

Edited by soon

Put them in something stronger first.  But with it being cooler there you could just leave them in a shady spot in her garden.  Maybe she has you confused with somebody else.  Those are some strange responses for just meeting somebody.

This is our second to last class.  They've been good.  I hope they come up with another series after we get a little break.  Hey we get Dr Trinkeline tonight!

Edited by cineater

18 minutes ago, cineater said:

Put them in something stronger first.  But with it being cooler there you could just leave them in a shady spot in her garden.  Maybe she has you confused with somebody else.  Those are some strange responses for just meeting somebody.

This is our second to last class.  They've been good.  I hope they come up with another series after we get a little break.

This is second last?? Ill miss this so much! This is awesome! I hope there will be more too.

Thats a very good thought, they could have me confused with someone else. I cant believe that hadn't occurred to me!

Thanks for transplants bag info!!

Im in, thanks for link!! Lets do this garden class :headbang:

Containers spray painted by Cin should be a category! 

His voice gives me an asmr tingle when I listen on headphones.

Great class so far! Although for you its likely not so informative. I didnt follow the part earlier about those double layered containers having some capillary watering thing?? No idea what that means! :facepalm:

Very cool! Learned lots! Good class. Now back to the Grateful Dead :lol:

Edited by soon

The part about weight on a balcony was for you. :lol:  Did you ask the question about the Alaskan Finch? 

I've seen those buckets before but not sure how they work.  I always thought they had water in the bottom and you were doing bottom watering but those had a drip line on top.

I've got the wrong potting mix in my containers.  I have soil.  Now I'm worried they may be getting too wet.  I put in way more compost and leaf mulch this year than soil.  At home I use potting mix but in the garden I make up my own stuff.  Stuff grows but I feel like it's too heavy.

Talked to Craig and he is coming Thursday to finish up.  I'm doing a garden judging contest.  Think I will go to lunch with the girls and stay out of their way for most of the day.  Come home to the reveal.

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

The part about weight on a balcony was for you. :lol:  Did you ask the question about the Alaskan Finch? 

I've seen those buckets before but not sure how they work.  I always thought they had water in the bottom and you were doing bottom watering but those had a drip line on top.

I've got the wrong potting mix in my containers.  I have soil.  Now I'm worried they may be getting too wet.  I put in way more compost and leaf mulch this year than soil.  At home I use potting mix but in the garden I make up my own stuff.  Stuff grows but I feel like it's too heavy.

Talked to Craig and he is coming Thursday to finish up.  I'm doing a garden judging contest.  Think I will go to lunch with the girls and stay out of their way for most of the day.  Come home to the reveal.

:lol: The drooping balcony!! Was for me for sure! lol. No, I didnt ask it. You always leave before questions, so for the first time I ddi too. And I guess this time you stayed for questions?

Yeah, had a drip line that he said world through "capillary action." Im not entirely sure what that means here?

I use potting soil for my potted plants, but sometimes I also use it for larger containers. Maybe its different indoors without the hot sun drying it out? I definitely need to get more organic material worked into my garden. He really out me to shame! lol I bet you make amazing mix!!!

Its gonna be so cool to see the finished bathrooms!! Even cooler to be able to use them Im sure! This is gonna be great. Garden judging contest sounds so fun! Id be sure to get me son mixed properly if I was competing. Have you judged before?

Capillary action is the plant's ability to suck up water from the soil.  His soil mix isn't organic.  He was fertilizing every time he watered.  I am not doing that but then again I'm growing flowers in my containers with the homemade potting mix.  Mine was actually the first question about the color of containers and he said "good question"!  Light color for outside and dark for in the greenhouse.  I commented that clay pots are heavier and don't blow over with tall plants in them.  My little tip.

I think the heater is on the truck.  It says "destination scan".  I have to watch for the guy.  The box is 86 pounds and I want him to put it in the garage rather than me get it off the front porch.

I may miss Bobby tonight.  It's the last night before the humidity kicks in and I want to go up to the garden.  Then again Marsha brought me over 4 more orders so I may have pick ups.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Capillary action is the plant's ability to suck up water from the soil.  His soil mix isn't organic.  He was fertilizing every time he watered.  I am not doing that but then again I'm growing flowers in my containers with the homemade potting mix.  Mine was actually the first question about the color of containers and he said "good question"!  Light color for outside and dark for in the greenhouse.  I commented that clay pots are heavier and don't blow over with tall plants in them.  My little tip.

I think the heater is on the truck.  It says "destination scan".  I have to watch for the guy.  The box is 86 pounds and I want him to put it in the garage rather than me get it off the front porch.

I may miss Bobby tonight.  It's the last night before the humidity kicks in and I want to go up to the garden.  Then again Marsha brought me over 4 more orders so I may have pick ups.

And his warning against using toilets for containers was for you! :lol:

Oh that was your question?! Nice - I should have known! It was a good one. And great tip too.

i hope the heater arrives today!! And that you get to have the delivery person take it in te garage for ya. It’s so close!!

that’s understandable about wanting to get at the garden work while the weathers nicer. I will hold down the Bobby fort if need be! On the podcast I learned a term for the influx of new dead heads in late 80s was “Grey Babies” lol. What does that make me, do you figure? Maybe as a Dead and Co era fan, I’m  a “Co Bro” ?? :lol: 

Edited by soon

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

I laughed out loud when he showed the toilet picture.  :lol:

Why grey babies?  I should listen to stuff but the weather is nice and I'm outside.  Waiting for UPS. :lol:

Me too! :lol:

they said it was in reference to all the new young fans after touch of grey came out. I also inferred that since the new fans were very ‘alien’ to old school dead heads that the name can also be about like grey aliens that you see in movies? Not sure about that part though. Did you notice or care about the new fans at that time? I know you said that the stadium venue wasn’t your favorite for the dead. 

if you’re waiting out there for UPS too long, you need to open the car windows and play some Sirius dead channel! 

It's the real deadheads you worry about.  They are like gypsies.  The ones that follow the band around.  The ones selling corn burritos in the parking lot.  Nice enough but they don't think like you and me.  You'll know one if you ever meet one.  Don't drink the kool aid.

I'm leaning in cutting down the columbine seed stalks and all those seeds are now in my hair and stuck to my neck. :lol:

Laura doesn't want greenhouse lead.  We're shopping for somebody Marsha can boss around. :lol:

No UPS yet.

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's the real deadheads you worry about.  They are like gypsies.  The ones that follow the band around.  The ones selling corn burritos in the parking lot.  Nice enough but they don't think like you and me.  You'll know one if you ever meet one.  Don't drink the kool aid.

I'm leaning in cutting down the columbine seed stalks and all those seeds are now in my hair and stuck to my neck. :lol:

Laura doesn't want greenhouse lead.  We're shopping for somebody Marsha can boss around. :lol:

No UPS yet.

My friend from church had her mind blown by those types. She got caught up with the Rainbow Family, and these two older women took her on the road following the dead. They sold samosas in the parking lot and rarely saw shows. But they did enough acid to induce schizophrenia on my friend. It’s really sad, and you wonder what happened to those other two also. She is an incredibly gifted songwriter though, I should note.

you must look... interesting to passers by :lol:

Bummer about Laura. She knows she can’t live up to your work! 

i hope the girls are keeping you company?

i must have the f’n manga carte written across my forehead or something?!? The world keeps sending me its dregs!! It’s rejects in huddled masses.This fucking burned out hair rocker walks right at me as I’m gardening and looses his shit when I wave him off as I step out of his way :facepalm:. I tell him that he’s gonna need to stir the pot less if he wants us to turn a blind eye to his drug use on our grounds. And the guy - well over 40 - says this is his back yard because his Dad lives near by!!! :lol: but seriously, am I being pranked?  Why have no normal people crossed my path in days??? :lol:

He’ll be fine though, knocking out a hobo with my cane would make the garden vibes decidedly less ‘garden vibey.’ lol 

I’m cooking up more hot wings under the sun here at the garden :headbang:will top with chives right from the plant