Gardening

Gracii Guns

40 minutes ago, cineater said:

Never mind $25.98 with shipping.  Put the Dead name on it and the price stinks.

Oh that’s too bad. I figure it’s strong enough to deodorize even dead heads! Especially the gardeners :lol:

Looks cool! Im wearing sage deodorant today. Douglas fur with that would be awesome!

Edited by soon

9 hours ago, cineater said:

And I got a plant sale order at 11:30. :lol:  Was it Black Bird?

... Of course you did :lol:. Here its early morning when you see the poor addicts throwing peoples at their dealers windows to wake them up. You all must have the real nice-nice!! :lol:

It was Tomorrow Never Knows. Which, I just had to listen to a shit ton of Bealtes songs to find the name of, ugh! Its a really cool song though!! Seems ahead of its time too. Bobby did it slower like he did with most of last nights set. I think he did Black Bird at an earlier show?

You don't know your Beatles music?!  Actually I wouldn't have got that one either, lol.  Not one of my favorites.  When I'm not on the Dead Channel, I'm on the Beatles channel.

Stopped in and looked at my beds.  My gladiolus are looking good but the purple ones all fell over.  I could weed but the plants are out growing them so that can wait.

Mother nature kind of saved me from the party world.  Rather than spend all my free time in the other place, I found I'd rather spend it with her.  And life's stresses are not as stressing when I can escape to her place for a while. 

30 minutes ago, cineater said:

You don't know your Beatles music?!  Actually I wouldn't have got that one either, lol.  Not one of my favorites.  When I'm not on the Dead Channel, I'm on the Beatles channel.

Stopped in and looked at my beds.  My gladiolus are looking good but the purple ones all fell over.  I could weed but the plants are out growing them so that can wait.

Mother nature kind of saved me from the party world.  Rather than spend all my free time in the other place, I found I'd rather spend it with her.  And life's stresses are not as stressing when I can escape to her place for a while. 

I mean Id probably recognize and be able to name and sing lots of their hits, but Im not really a fan, no. When I organized my vinyl recently I discovered that I own a few of their albums - Revolver, Abbey Road and the White Album. I dont think Ive ever listened to Revolver before or since, but Abbey Road is excellent. I could see them being this famous just for that album alone. Something and Here Comes The Sun are my favourites on there and Gently Weeps would be a favourite from White Album. I guess Im a Harrison fan then? I also enjoy Free As A Bird.

I do not understand the Beatles as a cultural force, because they as people dont really move me at all. :shrugs: But Im glad that they were one since that inspired the Dead to plug-in and play rock and roll! So the Bealtes matter to me as much as all of Blue Grass which also inspired the Dead. 

Anyways, do you have a favourite era of the Bealtes or favourite songs?

Thats a beautiful statement about mother nature saving you from the party world. I think she tries to offer that to all of us maybe, but sometimes the bright flashing lights of the party scene - and just the world really - distract us? I dunno? I really miss getting out into nature currently. Im blessed to have my garden and a river nearby but it is very much a city environment with its loud noises, machinery, people and smells.

I brewed another pot of coffee and hope this one gets my ass out the door. :lol: That food poisoning/thing kicked my ass!! Need to finish laying my straw around the plants bases.

I started with a headache last night and it's just hanging around.  Not getting much done here either.  We have a meeting tonight outside I'm not looking forward to.

I like all the Beatles stuff.  I know people talk about them evolving and the White Album.  Not a musician so I don't care about that, lol.  As a culture force, think of yuppies, there was a lot of noise there but your regular folks weren't buying it.  LA and NY like to think they are all that but they're in their own heads.  Those of us out here in the fly over areas are happy they are up there and leave us alone down here. :lol:

52 minutes ago, cineater said:

I started with a headache last night and it's just hanging around.  Not getting much done here either.  We have a meeting tonight outside I'm not looking forward to.

I like all the Beatles stuff.  I know people talk about them evolving and the White Album.  Not a musician so I don't care about that, lol.  As a culture force, think of yuppies, there was a lot of noise there but your regular folks weren't buying it.  LA and NY like to think they are all that but they're in their own heads.  Those of us out here in the fly over areas are happy they are up there and leave us alone down here. :lol:

:lol: I’d hope they never land either! Lol

ever notice that there’s no California reference in Trucking? There’s 3-4 NY references though.

i think the White Album would have been one solid single album :lol:

coffee didn’t take. Plus it’s overcast and windy out. I feel cruddy and hopeless! Lol Hope you feel better in time for your meeting! I think Tedeschi and Trucks will have to heal my soul tonight. JGB is great at gospel too - that’s the episode of the podcast is JGB 93 and the gospel is so good!! I have an empty indoor garden though.... maybe I’ll plant a seed and pretend that means the day isn’t a complete write off lol

1 hour ago, cineater said:

As suddenly as it came on, it's gone.  I have all this mess from Craig to clean up.  I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things I feel like doing at midnight.

My tomato is getting ready to bloom as is the Joe Pye Weed.  

Nice! I still feel shitty but I made it to the garden. I’d moved around some beans when I thinned. Was worried but they all made it and most like happy as can be!

that actually sounds like a nice midnight task. And I figure I’ll get to see it when it’s all tidied up :headbang:

yay tomatoes! Are they determinant? I saw my neighbours just planted tomatoes from seed.... we shall see, lol

You know, I made my own deodorant for a few years until not that long ago. Im way too curious about if I make as good herbal deodorants as the Dead, lol

Edited by soon

Indeterminate.  I wanted the other but Kevin gave me this one so we'll see.

I had plans that this would be just my day.  I did get to sleep until 9:30 but then I've been messing with 2 plant orders most of the day.  Maybe next week. :lol:

And in all this mess my deorantant went missing for a few days.  Another one of those strange topics we cover some days.  :lol:

Indeterminate.  I wanted the other but Kevin gave me this one so we'll see.

I had plans that this would be just my day.  I did get to sleep until 9:30 but then I've been messing with 2 plant orders most of the day.  Maybe next week. :lol:

And in all this mess my deorantant went missing for a few days.  Another one of those strange topics we cover some days.  :lol:

Ive only grown determinant, but if you have blooms already and a long season ahead it will be exciting to see how many tomatoes you get by winter!

Maybe next week :lol: 

You're deodorant saw that you finally had your showers back and also wanted a day to itself? :lol:

Edited by soon

I'm hoping I find that tomato soup recipe I had last year.

Another let me beat Kevin, lol.  He told the group we had leaf mulch.  I told him not to say anything until they didn't have to schedule going on campus through me.  Then he gave me shit for telling the group we hoped to open up soon.  I wouldn't have said that if he would have listen to me in the first place!

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday!  I'll probably miss part of the show but we've still got Saturday. 

12 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm hoping I find that tomato soup recipe I had last year.

Another let me beat Kevin, lol.  He told the group we had leaf mulch.  I told him not to say anything until they didn't have to schedule going on campus through me.  Then he gave me shit for telling the group we hoped to open up soon.  I wouldn't have said that if he would have listen to me in the first place!

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday!  I'll probably miss part of the show but we've still got Saturday. 

Fucking Kevin! :lol:

Show night... or it better be!!!! lol Cant wait!! Hope you dont have to miss too much! And then more tomorrow!! I f'n love it :headbang:

Youll be cooking out the garden even more this year maybe? Lately Im lazy and my garden cooing is reduced to adding chopped chives to boxed mac nd cheese and adding tarragon to my yogurt to use as veggie dip :lol:

Damn, Craig got called out on AC jobs and isn't coming till tomorrow.  He's giving me a significant discount so when he gets a paying job, he jumps on it.  Frees me up to do this afternoon what I was going to do tonight but it's hot out there!  Plus we have desert dust.

30 minutes ago, cineater said:

Damn, Craig got called out on AC jobs and isn't coming till tomorrow.  He's giving me a significant discount so when he gets a paying job, he jumps on it.  Frees me up to do this afternoon what I was going to do tonight but it's hot out there!  Plus we have desert dust.

Soon is the word :D Speaking of waiting - jeans I ordered so long ago that I still fit into them at the time just arrived :lol: Hopefully that means my worm farm isnt far behind!!

We're hot but overcast. Planning to just let the garden sit today, rain all weekend. I want to see how the various plants respond to the straw. Iirc it might acidify the soil and certain plants might not like that?

I read "dessert dust" at first. I was all like "Cocoa powder??" :P Sounds miserable. Can you see the Arch?

I don't know about the straw.  Most people just use it on top of the soil and that shit takes forever to break down.

I can't really tell we have a desert dust problem.  They say if it rains we will have a dirty rain.  Not sure what that will look like either but it's suppose to rain tomorrow.

We finally got my friend's flowers for the front of her house.  It looks good.  Whole thing cost $20.  Two pots of flowers and a bench on top of decorative mulch.  We'll see what the real estate guy says when he comes over.

I hate that Craig has to work his weekend.  Today would have been perfect for me as I was gone most of the day.  I like going away and coming back to it's done. :lol:  I'm a little freaked because my air conditioner is really noisy.  The guy said it was going to be like that until it died.  Now when I don't hear it running I'm wondering if it will come on again.

I don't know about the straw.  Most people just use it on top of the soil and that shit takes forever to break down.

I can't really tell we have a desert dust problem.  They say if it rains we will have a dirty rain.  Not sure what that will look like either but it's suppose to rain tomorrow.

We finally got my friend's flowers for the front of her house.  It looks good.  Whole thing cost $20.  Two pots of flowers and a bench on top of decorative mulch.  We'll see what the real estate guy says when he comes over.

I hate that Craig has to work his weekend.  Today would have been perfect for me as I was gone most of the day.  I like going away and coming back to it's done. :lol:  I'm a little freaked because my air conditioner is really noisy.  The guy said it was going to be like that until it died.  Now when I don't hear it running I'm wondering if it will come on again.

It battle royale at my garden. It coincided with the straw- all these new pests, eggs and leaf damage. Im cautiously optimistic that i identified both pest and beneficial insects... not sure though. Only sure that theres pests!!! On Echinacea and black beans. I did leave a cluster of red eggs under a valerian leaf because there was a dead lady bug attached to a neighbouring leaf. Maybe she laid her eggs and died? So I thought Id roll the dice and keep the at least for now and hope that if they hatch before id that they are lady bugs. I thought I was done the hard work for the year, lol. This is fixing to be the worst infestation I've ever seen!

Dirty rain sounds nasty! I dont envy you there. :no:

Fuck yeah - $20!! Great job! It sounds nice to me.

I cant keep up - did you replace your air conditioner too? Or is that going now, as soon as your other renos are done?

2 hrs till pre show!!