Recommend some good mid 90s hard rock records

Fashionista

3 hours ago, Fashionista said:

This is why Axl's absence during that era sucks. You have no cool lead singer/lead guitarist in a high profile band carrying the Stones/Aerosmith flame in these years. Get A Grip was the last great hard rock record of the 80s-early 90s style IMO. Load is cool from 96 but Metallica adopted a whole alternative look and identity so not really hard rock. Really the only song that I can think that fits what I'm looking for in terms of the sound and era is Van Halen's Humans Being from 1996.

Well you did have Anselmo/Dimebag they where probably the last high profile singer/lead guitar combo...well ever really. Of course not really in the Stones mould.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Is fuckin Blind Melon hard rock?  Their first album was pretty good.  Hardly Stonesy though.

Yeah I'd recommend Blind Melon's stuff. Their second album isn't so bad either. I'll advise everybody to seek out anything they did acoustic too, most of it non album stuff. Has a very GNR Lies feel to it.