16 - You're Crazy
16.png

17 - Move To The City
17.png

:) 

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1

Having an issue here.

I want to transfer the bluray audio to my cellphone. I use TsMuxer to extract .dts from .m2ts file and then I use foobar2000 to convert .dts to .wav. Thing is when I open the .wav file in audacity it sounds great but when I play that exact same .wav file in foobar2000 or VLC (to name a few) some details and sounds are missing. For example, there are some guitars parts in a very low volume and  in "Ya get nothin' for nothin' If that's what ya do Turn around bitch I got a use for you Besides you ain't got nothin' better to do And I'm bored" the highlighted part is almost unaudible, same thing happens with the outro solo of Nightrain. Maybe it's related to 5.1 surround sound and that's why I can't listen to it with my headphones, but how can you explain that in Audacity, playing all the channels, I can perfectly listen to it with the same headphones? Some idea? It is something related with audio players? Maybe @zombux can shed a light on this

Edited by Ulises

4 hours ago, Ulises said:

Having an issue here.

I want to transfer the bluray audio to my cellphone. I use TsMuxer to extract .dts from .m2ts file and then I use foobar2000 to convert .dts to .wav. Thing is when I open the .wav file in audacity it sounds great but when I play that exact same .wav file in foobar2000 or VLC (to name a few) some details and sounds are missing. For example, there are some guitars parts in a very low volume and  in "Ya get nothin' for nothin' If that's what ya do Turn around bitch I got a use for you Besides you ain't got nothin' better to do And I'm bored" the highlighted part is almost unaudible, same thing happens with the outro solo of Nightrain. Maybe it's related to 5.1 surround sound and that's why I can't listen to it with my headphones, but how can you explain that in Audacity, playing all the channels, I can perfectly listen to it with the same headphones? Some idea? It is something related with audio players? Maybe @zombux can shed a light on this

Sounds like Foobar2000 is messing stuff up when downconverting the 5.1 DTS track to stereo WAV.
Wouldn't you be better off transferring the 24/96 stereo tracks instead, if you're listening on your phone?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ulises said:

Having an issue here.

yes, something seems to interefere with the demuxing process, I know those parts are somewhat muted if you listen to stereo downmix, because they are "shifted elsewhere" in the mix. so it sounds like you're making a downmix, which usually keeps the front channels in full volume, but uses lower volume for the rear ones.

I noticed this when I listened to the downmix on my stereo speakers, but I didn't really bother finding a way to "fix" it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulises said:

Thanks @Setzer and @zombux.

@Setzer : That's an idea... . But how cool would be to import the six channels and then export them in a pure 5.1 24/96 .wav, huh?

@zombux : I WANTED to "fix" it but I gave up. :shrugs:. Looks I'll have to listen to the 24/96 stereo track.

But does your phone even have a music player that can play 5.1, and do you even have a headset for your phone, that can play 5.1 too? :P

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ulises said:

Well, it seems there was some kind of misunderstanding because of my rough english. I cannot understand why if I play the Bluray in the EXACT SAME PLAYER (not 5.1) with the EXACT SAME HEADPHONES (not 5.1) i can listen sounds and details that I cannot listen in the .dts extracted (without any loss, supposedly) . Evidently, is like @zombux said: something seems to interefere with the demuxing process. I know  what 5.1 is. I'm not retarded, you guys.

I'd then check all the steps in the splitting process. about the extracted .dts - I have no experience with that, BUT I think the "error" might be in DTS decoder. try MakeMKV and extract the Blu-ray into a MKV with 6channel FLAC audio.

image.png

edit: or if you still have problems with DTS, you can opt for the TrueHD track. it will produce THE SAME result when you extract it into FLAC - both DTS-HD MA and TrueHD are just lossless containers that embed LPCM audio :) 

Edited by zombux

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

We do not allow insults to other users in any language. 

I'm sure both amigos didn't mean it in a bad way at all, and were just joking! but yeah, let's keep the discussion in global lingua franca :) 

Ok................I tried to be nice, but I just don't have time to babysit the users having a slapping fight in this thread. 

The next time either of you makes a post antagonizing the other, you will receive a warning point and a week ban.

21 minutes ago, zombux said:

I'd then check all the steps in the splitting process. about the extracted .dts - I have no experience with that, BUT I think the "error" might be in DTS decoder. try MakeMKV and extract the Blu-ray into a MKV with 6channel FLAC audio.

image.png

edit: or if you still have problems with DTS, you can opt for the TrueHD track. it will produce THE SAME result when you extract it into FLAC - both DTS-HD MA and TrueHD are just lossless containers that embed LPCM audio :) 

Thanks! I was using tsmuxer. I will give MakeMKV a try.

Using Aiseesoft Video Converter, you can have the good audio from the .m2ts file, but you cannot export in .w64 (and there's no codec for that) so if you export in .wav, the audio is incomplete (only 25 minutes -i read is some kind of limit of wav for big files-) . Will try FLAC then.

Edited by Ulises

5 minutes ago, Ulises said:

Will try FLAC then.

all you have to do is enable Expert mode in the settings, so it allows you selecting FLAC profile.

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Ok................I tried to be nice, but I just don't have time to babysit the users having a slapping fight in this thread. 

The next time either of you makes a post antagonizing the other, you will receive a warning point and a week ban.

take it easy, Russ. these guys are nowhere near to a "fight" :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zombux said:

take it easy, Russ. these guys are nowhere near to a "fight" :)

You're not seeing the posts I'm hiding or reading the PMs I'm receiving about it. 

(not trying to be a dick, just explaining my perception further) 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're not seeing the posts I'm hiding or reading the PMs I'm receiving about it. 

(not trying to be a dick, just explaining my perception further) 

I saw all the posts :) 

but until you make a trip to the Sudamerica, you can't understand the guys' approach. they don't really mean it that way, they're just having fun of each other, insulting each other while actually agreeing on the topic. 

let's make a trip to Buenos Aires together, and see how things happen there ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gagarin said:

Zombux -thanks for the 'tutorial' screenshot! I seriously am surprised at how easy this was. But I did miss the 'advanced settings' at first.

Thanks!

you're welcome! my pleasure to help you out :)