Slash says "new" BETTER intro came from working on different material?

9 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

Put it this way, on the album version the bridge section we are talking about is 10 seconds long but buried under a shit guitar fast as fuck noodle that sounds like a synthesiser going mental, which leaves the riff indiscernible. So it was a good decision to bring it out as used in the new intro. Also the intro on the album version is weak, so the new intro adds some suspense.  

That’s just your opinion, and you’re entitled to it. But the riff is not really hidden under layers and layers of stuff that make it hard to “discover” it. Or maybe I’m just used to listening to layered music and I have developed the ability to distinguish those elements more easily.

It was a good call, though, it sounds good, it’s a nice dark build up to the song, but as other users mentioned, it would have been more powerful to jump straight into the first verse after that intro instead of using it as an intro before the intro.

On 01/10/2018 at 11:43 PM, Ralphelmo said:

He may have said either about the build-up or his unison bends over it, not about the actual chord progression. 

This topic made me revisit the original recording and there's nothing good in it except for Finck's solo. Production is a total garbage, the way Slash and Duff rearranged this song actually made it good. 

It's a strange situation to have a live recording sounding more powerful than the original track. But that's what happens when you have to fill 32 layers with your unrestrained ideas. Now when I'm thinking about it, it's unacceptable to make hard rock band's guitars fade out like that. All producers of Chinese Democracy failed on that matter.

Not for me, the original version and all live versions before NITL are far superior. 

The NITL version is different and cool, but it loses the feel, and that feel was what made that song so damn good. 

I don't argue whether it's a great live song, it certainly hasn't been in the last 2 years. Go and watch better live rock am ring THAT'S how that song is supposed to sound, and it's obviously stripped back in comparison to the studio version.

• Like 3