Baz, Jon Bon Jovi, and Axl story

Tabitha27

LIGuns at HTGTH posted this

Pretty interesting story from Sebastian Bach..Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall..

"I actually had dinner with Jon a couple of years ago. We were staying at the Mandarin Oriental in London — me and Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] — and we were sitting there. And the waitress says, 'Hey, guess who's over in the corner.' And me and Axl go, 'Who?' She said, 'Jon Bon Jovi.' And I go, 'Get the fuck out of here.' He was in the corner. And I didn't know what to do. 'Cause we had had words… Most of them were mine. [laughs] So I go, 'You know what?! Fuck this. I'm gonna go over there and say 'Hi' to him.' 'Cause we used to be great, great friends; I had Christmas dinner at his house and stuff. So I stood up and walked over towards Jon, and Jon was looking at me, going, 'Are you gonna be a dick or are you gonna be nice?' He's looking at me, like, 'What are you gonna do? What are you gonna say?' And I was like, 'Hey, man, how is it going?' And he was, like, 'Hey, man?' And we stood up and we hugged and then he came over to me and Axl's table and we drank about 15 bottles of red wine, had a great time. He gave me his phone number and I've texted him a couple of times. He's a good guy. We're friends again."

Come to think of it wouldn't this be a killer tour introducing the GN'R Live Experience to a new crowd...

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Bon Jovi sucks. Overrated piece of shit band.

I'll be lame and use an Axl quote here. "Bon Jovi can suck my..."

Holy Crap! Now what are all the worshippers going to do? After 20 years of hating Bon Jovi because Axl didn't like him.......now Axl is having dinner and drinks wiith him!

It is moments like these where I really feel bad for the Nutters. It must be so confusing.

Rocketqueen - why do you think Axl's version would be any different?

bon jovi til "these days" was a pretty good band, imo. i really like sambora's guitar playing to this day, it's a shame their records suck since "crush". but i think they are great with their fans and are still relevant. i'm sure axl respects jon and thinks he's a true example of front man.

bon jovi til "these days" was a pretty good band, imo. i really like sambora's guitar playing to this day, it's a shame their records suck since "crush". but i think they are great with their fans and are still relevant. i'm sure axl respects jon and thinks he's a true example of front man.

Actually "These Days" is a kick ass album.......anyways- Jon actually owns the name and the band are his employees(sound familiar). However unlike our favorite band, Axl n Slash et al couldn't find a way to make it work. I'm sure Axl looks at a Bon Jovi (from a business & band view) and kicks himself for what coulda/shoulda been. The Bon Jovi brand (I know you all hate his music) has been a massive success. He still sells out every show.

Holy Crap! Now what are all the worshippers going to do? After 20 years of hating Bon Jovi because Axl didn't like him.......now Axl is having dinner and drinks wiith him!

It is moments like these where I really feel bad for the Nutters. It must be so confusing.

I still dislike everything BJ has done since the early 90's. I dislike how he went from being a heavy metal Bruce Springsteen to a poor man's John Mellencamp. That said, I like him as a person

Edited by GnRDuff1

Bloody hell.

This is surprising to me because Jon has been been repeatedly critical of Guns/Axl in interviews over the last decade. Or at least he's criticised the press coverage because they prefer to write about the 'freak show' aspect than about Bon Jovi.

This obviously had to be after May 2006 but I wonder if it was after Chinese came out. Jon's never commented on Chinese and it's been a good few years since he's had a pop at Axl in any kind of way and this likely explains why. I'd love to know what they talked about. Gonna try and ask on Baz's forrum.

If Bon Jovi had spent their careers releasing albums like 'These Days' instead of 'Crush', they may have had a little more credibility. These Days is actually not a bad album at all.

Its all the lovey dovey bubblegum shit I cant stand

Regardless, the guy is still 10x more successful than Sebastian Bach

LA

Edited by LA_0013

I know you like to call me a "worshipper" but I have no problem with Jon or him hanging out with Axl.

I know you like to call me a "worshipper" but I have no problem with Jon or him hanging out with Axl.

Lucky you, he used to call me a nutter hahaha

Axl hanging out with BJ won't make me like him nor his music, I still think BJ sucks and that he's a jerk

Axl hanging out with BJ won't make me like him nor his music, I still think BJ sucks and that he's a jerk

You think Bon Jovi is a jerk but you worship Axl Rose?

But Congrats on being a big girl and not blindly agreeing with Axl on everything. You are still a Nutter. But good to see you can disagree with your Idol.

But Congrats on being a big girl and not blindly agreeing with Axl on everything. You are still a Nutter. But good to see you can disagree with your Idol.

Axl isn't my idol, he's my favorite singer ;)

Groghan, I need attention as well....dry.gif

Why you treating me like chopped liver?

Bon Jovi sucks. Overrated piece of shit band.

I'll be lame and use an Axl quote here. "Bon Jovi can suck my..."

Maybe Axl's the type of guy who just says these things without taking onboard people remember. 'Bon Jovi can suck my dick' 'Slash is cancer'. I doubt Axl really wants Bon Jovi to suck his dick, and he probably has more respect for Slash than he will ever let on.

Any guy that sings along to any Bon Jovi album other than that one needs their male card taken away.

Why is that?

I have lots of Bon Jovi songs on my Ipod. Along with country songs, pop songs, hip hop songs, rap songs, classical music to go along with hair band metal, classic rock, pop rock, hard rock and heavy metal.

I wouldn't say that listening to a certain type of music would make somebody be less of a male. Maybe in the teenage world that is true. Image and what other people think is more important than anything else.

I'd say that when you can admit to listening to ANY type of music is when you receive your man card.

Axl isn't my idol, he's my favorite singer ;)

Well at least we can agree on one thing. Which is a pretty big thing, since this is a GnR board.

I apologize for the snarky comment earlier today.