[Unconfirmed] New Richard Fortus Interview: Talks Disney project, New GNR album, and Guns' Induction into the RRHOF

BBA

Word on the street is, a French magazine recently conducted the below interview with Richard Fortus:

ROCKHARD: So, what’s new these days?

RF: Just wrapped up some North American shows with Guns N Roses. Other than that, I just signed a small deal with Disney, and it looks like I might be back out on the road mid-August with my side project.

ROCKHARD: Disney?

RF: Yeah, some new computerized animation thing that I am providing guitar for. It’s supposed to have a theatrical release of 2015, I think. It’s a little premature for me to go in to too much detail. But it should be pretty cool.

ROCKHARD: Interesting!

RF: Yeah ... a little different but it’s got a pretty cool theme and it’s kind of like an ode to some of my favorite characters growing up. I consider myself lucky to have gotten the gig.

ROCKHARD: That’s really cool! What’s up with Guns N Roses?

RF: Best I can tell we are going on a hiatus for a bit. We just wrapped up almost three and a half years of touring. Not consecutive, but it’s been a while and I think the cycle is complete for now, but then again, you never know.

ROCKHARD: How is the new GNR album coming along?

RF: I think it’s done; at least musically.

ROCKHARD: Done? Will it be released soon?

RF: That’s another story [pauses] and one that I’m probably not best qualified to discuss.

ROCKHARD: I certainly don’t mean to not respect your privacy or wishes Richard, but there are A LOT of fans (myself included) who would LOVE to know what’s going on with this album.

RF: I think most people tend think that when a band is ready, they go into a studio and begin recording their new material, but it’s not always that cut and dry. In our case, there’s a lot of outside interference that makes the jump from step b to step c longer than it would take most bands. I think mixing some of the tracks are also a part of the problem.

ROCKHARD: When was the last time the band was actually in the studio together?

RF: Me, DJ, Dizzy, and Chris booked some studio time a couple months ago; I think it was.

ROCKHARD: Has Axl been present for any of these sessions?

RF: He might have been. I’m really not sure. His internal clock is different than that of most. For all I know, he might have shown up 5 minutes after we left.

ROCKHARD: Can you describe the sound of the new album? Is it similar to the band’s Chinese Democracy album?

RF: There are similarities in musical style, sure. I think the addition of DJ gives it a vibe that is also distinctly different. It’s probably more blues based than a lot of the songs that the public heard on Chinese Democracy.

ROCKHARD: The induction of Guns N Roses into the RRHOF last year was a really tough situation (all things considered) considering the band’s history. What were your thoughts on it and was there ever any discussion of the present lineup of Guns N Roses attending?

RF: That’s a fair question, but I’m really not sure how to answer it. If there was ever any discussion of today’s Guns N Roses attending, I am not aware. I guess the situation was as tough as people chose to make it.

ROCKHARD: Most fans, myself included, pretty much considered it the final nail in the coffin as far as there being any chance of the Appetite for Destruction lineup ever getting back together.

RF: I don’t know.

Edited by BBA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RF: I think it’s done; at least musically. We recorded buttloads of stuff, but Axl hasn't done shit

RF: That’s another story [pauses] and one that I’m probably not best qualified to discuss. I don't know, but even if I did I'm not allowed to talk about it

ROCKHARD: I certainly don’t mean to not respect your privacy or wishes Richard, but there are A LOT of fans (myself included) who would LOVE to know what’s going on with this album.

RF: I think most people tend think that when a band is ready, they go into a studio and begin recording their new material, but it’s not always that cut and dry. In our case, there’s a lot of outside interference that makes the jump from step b to step c longer than it would take most bands. I think mixing some of the tracks are also a part of the problem. Axl is fucking nuts.

RF: Me, DJ, Dizzy, and Chris booked some studio time a couple months ago; I think it was. Never

RF: He might have been. I’m really not sure. His internal clock is different than that of most. For all I know, he might have shown up 5 minutes after we left. Hell no. I've never shared a studio with Axl

ROCKHARD: Can you describe the sound of the new album? Is it similar to the band’s Chinese Democracy album?

RF: There are similarities in musical style, sure. I think the addition of DJ gives it a vibe that is also distinctly different. It’s probably more blues based than a lot of the songs that the public heard on Chinese Democracy. It's CD with a lot of added cheese

I translated his answers into reality.

RF: I think most people tend think that when a band is ready, they go into a studio and begin recording their new material, but it’s not always that cut and dry. In our case, there’s a lot of outside interference that makes the jump from step b to step c longer than it would take most bands. I think mixing some of the tracks are also a part of the problem. Axl is fucking nuts.

Personally, I found Richard's answer to this question to be the laziest of them all. If there are REALLY outside interferences holding up progress, just fucking lay them out. What are they and how are they preventing progress? The fans might not always have to jump to the conclusion that Axl is at fault if the actual interferences that they continuously speak of were actually spelled out. But then again, I'm sure them doing so would probably result in years of ugly, behind-the-scenes, legal aftermath (at least in Axl's mind).

It's scary how delusional the likes of BBA are penning such elaborate fan fiction and then going onto elaborately defend it. Warchild doesn't haven't anything on this guy.

Edited by NGOG

Ok guys, i buy Rock Hard Magazine every month and there's no Fortus interview in the latest issue.

Upcoming issue won't be out until mid september cause it's fn' summer !

I don't know why people find the time to build up stuff like that. Damn loosing your time and energy like that...

Rock hard is a very good magazine though ;-)

RF: I think it’s done; at least musically. We recorded buttloads of stuff, but Axl hasn't done shit

RF: That’s another story [pauses] and one that I’m probably not best qualified to discuss. I don't know, but even if I did I'm not allowed to talk about it

RF: Me, DJ, Dizzy, and Chris booked some studio time a couple months ago; I think it was. Never

RF: He might have been. I’m really not sure. His internal clock is different than that of most. For all I know, he might have shown up 5 minutes after we left. Hell no. I've never shared a studio with Axl

RF: There are similarities in musical style, sure. I think the addition of DJ gives it a vibe that is also distinctly different. It’s probably more blues based than a lot of the songs that the public heard on Chinese Democracy. It's CD with a lot of added cheese

:lol: